Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjvass
    • Feb 2015

Shimmeys custom covers

Anyone know of a guy out of Maryland called Shimmeys Custom Covers?
    Ordered a part on 12/09/2019 for my 2018 FLHT for $185. Spoke with him,everything cool,got an invoice #000042, paid it. I waited for several weeks,themn i tried calling,texting,e-mail,leaving messages. No reply or response? Is the guy alive? Problem is i really wanted the part. Anybody out there know the guy? Can you rattle him? Just want the part.
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Do a chargeback (you DID pay with a credit card, right??). I don't have to unleash the wrath of Visa often but it does get attention.

If he was going to send the part he'd communicate. This is the modern era and if every machine shop can fill orders on time and with proper communication so can everyone else. I have no respect for the old custom of taking money and sitting on the work so common in motorcycling.

You can always figure out another decorative solution.

Apparently there are "delay" (meaning non-delivery in fucking English) issues. https://fatheadcycles.com/products/r...shimmys-covers

If they ever restock you can always reorder but I never get my heart set on a particular custom part.

Comment

• seaking
      • Jul 2013

IF you sent it through friends/family to avoid fees, make sure you call paypal they may do a chargeback anyway. Any future transaction just add 4% to the total, esp. here on classifieds.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by seaking
        IF you sent it through friends/family to avoid fees, make sure you call paypal they may do a chargeback anyway. Any future transaction just add 4% to the total, esp. here on classifieds.
        Good point!

When dealing with a business I NEVER do F&F. They can post their prices to reflect proper fucking professional behavior then fucking behave professionally. I prefer Visa because they take no shit. I've only had to do two chargebacks in my life (I shop wisely) but any business using their services cannot afford to piss them off.

Comment

• jjvass
          • Feb 2015

Yea contacted my HD Visa, last resort, they credited my account and are investigating Shimmeys. So anyone know of a company that makes custom covers for 2018 std FLHT-P, police bike, for the box where a radio would Go? Want an opening cover ,flat black for storage in the bat wing? No I do not want a radio.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

You might consider making what you want.
            All sorts of modern plastic and metal flat stock are available online. So are a wide variety of hinges. (I'd want some aircraft panel hinge for that because it's both awesome and inexpensive surplus.)

Random example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRCRAFT-AL...YAAOSwg3FUiJyX

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;