CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OliverClozoff View Post
    I probably should have said, "I don't want to". Anything is possible. I just really don't care for the pegs.

OC

Got ya.......... So the scraping is ok as long as you get rid of the pegs......... I don't blame you at all they are hideous............

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Got ya.......... So the scraping is ok as long as you get rid of the pegs......... I don't blame you at all they are hideous............
    Yup, that is where I am at...for now. It's a constant work in progress

Get Adobe Flash player

Yup, that is where I am at...for now. It's a constant work in progress
    You have a very nice starting point for sure............. It just takes time...........

Get Adobe Flash player

You should do some nice floorboards that’s how we roll up here in Yankee country tattoo really loves them too

The only thing that I scrape is all of the hot broads off of me that come up and say “hey sexy, we love your sense of style and comfort”
    Last edited by Bbqbiker; 01-24-2020 at 4:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    You should do some nice floorboards that’s how we roll up here in Yankee country tattoo really loves them too

The only thing that I scrape is all of the hot broads off of me that come up and say “hey sexy, we love your sense of style and comfort”
    Although I am not a fan of boards, I like the mounts. You have any more pics of the way they mount from closer in?

OC

Get Adobe Flash player

Although I am not a fan of boards, OC

I have to post one more time.......

Yep, Me either, Don't believe him........ He's just poking fun..........

I hate floorboards on a chopper....... Almost as bad as I do your direct weld on pegs.............

tzienlee

Hey Tattooo,
    I know what ya mean, floorboards wouldn't be my first choice normally,
    but I'm getting old and my Hips are pretty fucked now, riddled with Osteoarthritis &
    it can be real painful just changing gear & keeping my feet on pegs, I have been thinking
    of some form of them on my Shovel to make it more rideable,
    I have been looking at getting a set of Moon Pedals,& getting creative with them so I
    can mount them in a way all I have to do is press on one for rear brake and swivel up &
    down for the gear change without having to lift my leg and foot off of them, I have not
    seen them used for floorboards before but I reckon somewhere out there MUST have used
    them for floorboards already,.. I know ya don't like them as a go to idea but what ya think
    for someone disabled, these are what im thinking of using, a left & a Right handed pedal,......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg   s-l1600[1].jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Although I am not a fan of boards, I like the mounts. You have any more pics of the way they mount from closer in?

OC
    Factory footboard mounts...nothing special.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    Hey Tattooo, I know ya don't like them as a go to idea but what ya think
    for someone disabled, these are what im thinking of using, a left & a Right handed pedal,......
    I think they would be a great idea....... I built some years ago like that for a guy and I even put a headlight dimmer switch on them....

Setting up a bike for someone disabled or a necessity is a totally different story,,,,,,, In that case looks are out the window..........

Factory footboard mounts...nothing special.

Thanks bud.

OC

Hey Tattooo,
    I know what ya mean, floorboards wouldn't be my first choice normally,
    but I'm getting old and my Hips are pretty fucked now, riddled with Osteoarthritis &
    it can be real painful just changing gear & keeping my feet on pegs, I have been thinking
    of some form of them on my Shovel to make it more rideable,
    I have been looking at getting a set of Moon Pedals,& getting creative with them so I
    can mount them in a way all I have to do is press on one for rear brake and swivel up &
    down for the gear change without having to lift my leg and foot off of them, I have not
    seen them used for floorboards before but I reckon somewhere out there MUST have used
    them for floorboards already,.. I know ya don't like them as a go to idea but what ya think
    I think I could be a fan of something like that. And, if you put a headlight dimmer switch (like Tattoo mentioned), it would be tits.

OC

Get Adobe Flash player

I think I could be a fan of something like that. And, if you put a headlight dimmer switch (like Tattoo mentioned), it would be tits.

OC
    Maybe tattoo offers a service where we can send him our footboards and then he can retrofit them with a 1972 General Motors dimmer switch

Get Adobe Flash player

Maybe tattoo offers a service where we can send him our footboards and then he can retrofit them with a 1972 General Motors dimmer switch
    Actually it wasn't a GM switch..... I didn't use them because they are so large.............

Get Adobe Flash player

Never ridden weld on pegs. I'm assuming that people dont like then bc they wont give when you scrape like a fold up peg? Was thinking about doing a solid mount highway peg higher up on my bikes frame where scraping them wouldnt be an issue. I'm curious to see it I can make highway pegs strong enough to act as an engine guard (obviously not to the same strength as a set of bolt on ones you'd see on a bagger but something to keep the engine from getting all fucked I the event of a drop or slow lowside.) Not sure if it would actually do much but I kinda like the idea

Get Adobe Flash player

Sure they would be better higher up on the frame but not sure how well it would slide in event of a fall. Sliding is much preferable to tumbling and fixed bars to the frame may cause it to take strange changes of direction.
    Isn't that how Vlad died? Impaled?
    Also sounds like a possibility of tweakin' the frame in a fall down.

Tattooo - that guy didn't have the ability to run a hi-lo switch with his hand?
    Should he even be on a bike, if so?

Q - it will be bitchin' like a Camaro when you're done.

tzienlee

there is out there, a quite hard to find Case Protector for Shovelheads that protects the clutch cover or an open belt,
    I found a NOS one in Belgium, not sure if it was a Harley item or aftermarket.
    it slides into the lower frame cross tube & bolts on via a heavy duty bracket.
    if you drop the bike it will save your Primary cover or the whole clutch if you like me run an open clutch.
    here is a photo of mine, it isn't too ''in ya face'' so wouldn't look out of place on a chop either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg   DSCN1464.JPG   DSCN1467.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

Check this out! I have some vintage andersons on my Pan, but these rock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pegs.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	99713

tzienlee

WOW !!!..I like them a lot fella !!….
    have you got a pic of them from both sides,.. it is giving me an idea,...
    what are they made of ?... steel or Alloy ?

Get Adobe Flash player

chop a Brannock Device in half haha!

Get Adobe Flash player

WOW !!!..I like them a lot fella !!….
    have you got a pic of them from both sides,.. it is giving me an idea,...
    what are they made of ?... steel or Alloy ?
    I'll have a dig, they are on a Pan owned by former Easyriders editor , Bandit.He had them for thirty years prior.

Share This