CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default 78 Shovelhead rebuild

Going to be sending my engine off to be rebuilt after the first of the year and I’m trying to decide what I want done to it. I can do a stock rebuild or for a little bit more I can turn it into a stroker. You guys have any pros an cons either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy0063 View Post
    I can do a stock rebuild or for a little bit more I can turn it into a stroker.
    LOL Boy are you in for an eye opening experience....... LOL just a little bit more money...... LOL Yea right keep saying that and click your heels 3 times...... LOL You will get to Kansas first..............

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    LOL Boy are you in for an eye opening experience....... LOL just a little bit more money...... LOL Yea right keep saying that and click your heels 3 times...... LOL You will get to Kansas first..............
    This. Strokers ain't "just a little bit more," any more. All the shovel parts are getting expensive (with the exception of the Ultima stuff), and stroker stuff even more so.

Strokers are fun though, no doubt. Once you have one, you won't want to go back to stock.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JBinNC View Post
    This. Strokers ain't "just a little bit more," any more. All the shovel parts are getting expensive (with the exception of the Ultima stuff), and stroker stuff even more so.
    Jim

Yep ultima is junk parts and good parts ain't cheap....... At one time a Stroker could be built for twice a stock rebuild but this isn't the 80s anymore........ It cost what at least 4 times more and way up from there to build a stroker than a stock rebuild??????? Am I right Jesse just a guess is good enough...... Depending on the parts I know.....
    Last edited by Tattooo; 12-19-2019 at 8:51 PM.

I think a mild stroker could be done for less than double a stock rebuild, but a stock rebuild of any shovel is bumping four grand if it's done well, with good parts. That ain't chicken feed.

Jim

The only parts that are needed for doing a stroke is the wheels & Pistons ...
    Reuse all the other parts, but, (There's always a "but") a set of 3-5/8" Big Bore jugs would get you to 88", 93" or 96" with choice of stroke...

Last edited by Dragstews; 12-20-2019 at 1:50 AM.

Share This