It was on a 71 GE ... wasn't it ... ??
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• tzienlee
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Dragstews
      That was you ... ???

It was on a 71 GE ... wasn't it ... ??
      it was me but with a 43 WLC I had years ago,... this one.....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by tzienlee
        nice,... who did the frame and swingarm?....
        NWS in the UK , for a shop called RMD in Reading.

Comment

• Hoghead
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dragstews

Holy ... Get the fuk over in the fast lane ... Batman .... !!

That's yours.... ??
          (Can I ride it .??) ...
          Yes, it's mine. Funny what you find on ebay. The shop that built these made about 12. I think you'd enjoy riding it.

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

it was me but with a 43 WLC I had years ago,... this one.....
            Didn't I see that one rolling round the Windsor area about 40 years ago? Nice!

Comment

• tzienlee
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Hoghead
              Didn't I see that one rolling round the Windsor area about 40 years ago? Nice!
              may be,... we used to come up from Brighton for party's at Hi Wycombe with Andy & DubDub from the Bucks NCC and the ''Herpes owners club,... Nashville teens at the 'NAGS HEAD'...…………..Great Missington,...Taplow etc.... ,''....

Comment

• Sugarcubes
                • Apr 2024

I got my 94 evo FLSTC with around 40k miles on it and I remember reading 100s of posts all over the forums about how you absolutely must change out the tappets at around 40-50k miles as they would be on the verge of falling to bits. I decided to change them when I put my EV27 cam in earlier this year. Upon inspection the stock lifters looked in great condition but that's not to say that the previous owner may have had them changed over shortly before I bought the bike I guess.

I put Hylift Johnson rollers in mine. I left them overnight to bleed down and then adjusted the pushrods to spec. Everything has run perfectly fine since.

Comment

• Hoghead
                  • Jun 2015

may be,... we used to come up from Brighton for party's at Hi Wycombe with Andy & DubDub from the Bucks NCC and the ''Herpes owners club,... Nashville teens at the 'NAGS HEAD'...…………..Great Missington,...Taplow etc.... ,''....
                  Wasn't black at the time? Remember seeing one outside the HA's digs in High Town Road, Maidenhead.

Comment

• tzienlee
                    • Apr 2024

Wasn't black at the time? Remember seeing one outside the HA's digs in High Town Road, Maidenhead.
                    yea,... it was black for quite a while so yea,... sounds like me,... back in those days I was all over visiting, never got 'involved'' with any club but knew many all over.... this isn't a good pic but about the only one I have with it black.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• hillcat
                      • Mar 2015

Thanks-I have an alloy framed FXR clone too now-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98901[/ATTACH]

keeps me from modding the old FXR too much, I enjoy it as it is..
                      Wow! Nice but... FXR? Where's the rear shocks? FXR style.. kinda sorta... but still darn nice.
                      Is that Ducati stuff on there?

Comment

• Hoghead
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by hillcat
                        Wow! Nice but... FXR? Where's the rear shocks? FXR style.. kinda sorta... but still darn nice.
                        Very much a clone-some were built twin shock, some mono. The biz that built them wanted all the stuff that had been proven on club bikes , plus more...So having decided that the FXR frame was best, they had a batch built in alloy...The master cylinders are magnesium bodied Brembo's (probably used on some Ducati), there is a lot of euro sourced stuff
                        on it. This was state of the art shit 20 years ago..

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

yea,... it was black for quite a while so yea,... sounds like me,... back in those days I was all over visiting, never got 'involved'' with any club but knew many all over.... this isn't a good pic but about the only one I have with it black.
                          Nice! I wanted a 45 big at that time. Some cat called Ian near Weymouth had a shitload of 45 stuff for sale back then.
                          I spent the majority of the 1980's broke, but had a T100 in the early eighties and one of the first evo sportsters in the mid-late eighties.

Coolest 45 based ride in the UK for me at the time was Sweetpea's 45 magnum bobber. He used to work in the Drag Speciailites warehouse in London for Jake Allport (RIP)

This is someone elses, but it is cool..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley 45-magnum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1314703

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hillcat
                            That beauty makes stock and most modified FXRs look like hot garbage by comparison. The stock rear FXR suspension geometry is short travel pathetic shit like all dual shock Harleys making the monoshock a fine upgrade. (I have two FXRs but their design is only good by Harley standards. That's why modern sportbikes aren't built like FXRs which are a bodge to rubber mount a buzzy drivetrain.)

The only reason I see not to ride that in preference to a stocker is to save wear on a unique motorcycle, but that's like saving wear on a beautiful woman by not fucking her. Very, very nice machine!

Comment

• hillcat
                              • Mar 2015

All true but still not an FXR by definition.
                              You know as well as me that we have to be aware and correct people calling their bike an FXR when it is not or every Dyna and aftermarket rubber mount frame out there becomes a FXR.

Comment

• farmall
                                • Apr 2013

I'll correct people in applicable threads if they call their bike an FXR because they may otherwise misidentify parts. What the average shmuck on the street calls them matters little and it's better for us buyers when they get confused and use "Low Rider" or "Dyna" in their adverts. I search those terms looking for FXRs and found my last one that way. That one of course is an upgrade like what Rickman and Seeley used to do for other bikes. Chopper FXR-style frames are just random crap styling exercises to use up surplus bagger drivetrains but choppers aren't supposed to handle since custom builders want pretty, flexy, stripped steering heads instead of reinforcement. I just fondled a (edit to correct brand!) KRAFTECH frame at a swap meet and they're a joke by comparison to a stock frame. They use cheaper, thinner tubing and the aft section whose "cage" controls the drivetrain via the swingarm pivot on FXRs was eliminated for appearance. Pick one up and all will be clear.

An FXR by definition fo course uses an FXR factory frame. Custom definitions are pretty loose so an FXR mounting system/drivetrain design is close enough for that purpose but technically should be "FXR-style" frame.

The M8 FXR model is technically an FXR... I call that good too because I'd like the FXR cult status to go away so frames and bikes are cheaper. FXR riders don't benefit from more expensive bikes. The good old days of chopping were when buyers didn't want old HDs!
                                Last edited by farmall; 01-31-2020, 6:50 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;