CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Headphones for riding??????

Anyone recommend some decent headphones I can wear underneath my helmets, that will stay in, while riding????

Get Adobe Flash player

The $20 skull candy ones seem to work for me. I wear them riding, mowing, whatever. They last about a year then time for new ones.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/all-p...lue-black.html

Get Adobe Flash player

Skull candy for sure, you can catch them on sale for like 14-16 bucks. They also come with different size rubber inserts for your ears so you can get a perfect fit.

Get Adobe Flash player

I see a lot of people riding and listening to headphones and shit and I never understood how people can do that. I love hearing my bike and I hate not being able to hear whats going on around me. thats my only complaint about my biltwell hustler is I can bearly hear with it on. why not just listen to the bike. If I want to listen to music while Im driving I take my wife truck.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't know if you have a Biltwell or not, but this link shows you how to install headphones in a Biltwell.
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1617

And I'm with you gyro, I can't stand to not be able to hear the bike. I don't think I have ever wanted to listen to music while on the bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

I ran these microbuds for quite a while until I broke them. Very good sound and noise isolation.
    http://www.earplugstore.com/semi.html

I moved up to these. Expensive, but the price per minute of use on treadmill, in shop with loud tools, and on bike has been very reasonable for quality product.
    http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-cr1.html

Get Adobe Flash player

As long as I don't have the volume cranked up to fuckin' 11 I can still hear the bike and traffic just fine. I wear a fullface that cuts out almost all of the wind noise, though.

I use the headphones I wear to the gym that wrap around my ear and they are uncomfortable as hell. I need to get some of those Skull Candy ones. A friend of mine wears them while snowboarding and they hold up to that pretty well.

Get Adobe Flash player

sorry not trying to steal your thread cause I know you want some information but I just thought of this and I think its funny. I had a friend that I used to ride with and he always wore head phones and at every light I would stop next to him and pretend I was trying to tell him something so he would start fumbling with his hearphones and try to find out what I wanted then the light would turn green and I would take off leaving him there fucking with the earphones. I just thought it was funny and I would do it at every light.

Get Adobe Flash player

One of the guys I rode with in Texas wore headphones all the time. One day he didn't hear the guy next to him saying "let's go that way" and motioning to the right. They went to take off, Headphones turned left and ran into the dude going right. Not a pretty picture but nobody was seriously injured. Just some food for thought.

I like wearing headphones with my full face on long trips but I don't know if I'd wear them for every day riding. Are those Skullcandys any good? I've not heard many good reviews on them.

NHMike

Default Skullcandy for me too...

I've had them for years and still sound great.

I don't care to wear them while riding with other people. but on my way to work and if I'm riding alone I'll throw them on.

Get Adobe Flash player

Iv'e tried them all! lots of money spent.....

NO way in Hell i'll ever wear anything but these. Roll the ends up just like safty ear plugs & they swell up, beautiful sound. Only way to fly on the highway that's for damn sure doesnt matter if you have a helmet or not. If your riding around town just fuckin pay attention to shit that's goin like you should be anyway and it's no problem... I think their like $20 at Hastings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PLUG_1.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Koss ones all the way. They work the same as skull candy ones, but mine have an inline volume control. They were like $18 at Walmart. The volume control makes it easy to quickly turn down the volume when others are trying to tell you something, so you don't have to fumble with your iPod like dude said.

Get Adobe Flash player

Skull candy for me. I dont rock em when riding with other people or when Im blasting around town. But when youre pounding nineteen straight hours of pavement its nice to have some Pantera to pump you up.

Alliteration? Pounding pavement pumping pantera? Gross pumping......

Get Adobe Flash player

Nixon, if any thing happens to them just send them in and they will ship you a new pair for free.

Get Adobe Flash player

had these same sony ex51's for almost 7 years now. sound way better than the skull candies. then again I'm one of those nerds that likes really good sound in headphones.

tip for anyone using the earbuds with the removable rubber inserts. find the size you want, slide them on the headphone, then turn the rubber inside out (it'll make sense when you do it). drop a couple dabs of super glue at the base where the two pieces meet. i used to lose the rubber parts all the time, once i got smart and glued em on, haven't had an issue in years.

ARBY

This thread is funny. Guys are always bitching about helmet laws saying that helmets are dangerous cuz they don't let you hear what's around you. Then they go and slap in speakers.

starwolf

Here in Oklahoma , we don't have a helmet law, (other than if you are under the age of 16 you must wear a helmet) , also ,it is against the law to wear headphones while operating any motor vehicle. I think their biggest concern is not being able to hear (emergency) vehicles. But yea, the bike should be the music , that motor roaring between your legs,with the wind whistling in your ears, as you roll down the lost highway.

Get Adobe Flash player

I use the Koss ones and I only wear one at a time so I can hear the bike and traffic. I wear a foam ear plug in the other ear to cut down on wind noise and let me hear the bike better.

I know this is an old thread but I just want to recommend Big Ear. They have custom earplugs, hearing protection, in-ear monitors and Bluetooth comm system. Just check em out.

The thread is still alive and I'll contribute to it. I agree on Koss headphones, but you should also consider about getting a motorcycle amplifier, I was reading about those here. BOSS is my choice here.

Share This