CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Thor.

Default Thor.

Building a rigid framed Blast from bits and keeping as much Made in USA or Canada as possible. So far I've got a pair of blast engines, a rigid frame made in Ontario Canada, and some swap meet parts from Sportsters and big twins. (the rims in the pic are not being used for this build as I have gotten a set of rims from an older Harley instead). I was inspired by "The Booby Trap" bike built by Dan & Tiffany Collins. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7023.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	97412 I'll give updates as I go.

Just a bit of an update on Thor. I recently won a 515 big bore kit and have since installed it as well as a set of Zippers performance pushrod tubes I have also gotten a chain drive conversion so I won't be dealing with the original rims and gearing, I know I will lose bottom end power but I'm not too concerned if a city bus can beat me off the line. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7056.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	98580 I know the bike doesn't look too different from the earlier pic but it is!
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 11-23-2019 at 4:47 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's a great looking start! Check your private messages, I sent you one.

Get Adobe Flash player

That is so cool that you won a big bore kit...everybody needs to do that!

Get Adobe Flash player

This frame has no seat tube? How is that big open triangle stay stiff?

It was set up so you can put the seat tube wherever you want, I have the tube to install when I get everything else figured out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boobytrap1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	98606 If you look closely at "Booby Trap" you'll see that it does not have the seat post either.
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 11-23-2019 at 9:41 PM.

I got the tank back from the radiator shop and found there is a sealant inside that seems to have started peeling off, so at the moment I have the tank filled with acetone to see if I can get the crap to melt out (I really don't want to cut the tank apart to gouge the shit out like the rad shop recommended). I hope it works. Looks like working on the bike is going to have to take a back seat to fixing my damn car as it suddenly decided that anything over 20KPH is not going to happen GRRRRR!!!!!!
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 12-02-2019 at 7:40 PM.

Ok so I've been away from this site for a while and moved on to building a 2006 Sportster, I still have the Buell engines and enough parts to build the Blast back to near original (still need plastics however). I sold off the rigid frame as it wouldn't work for my long term use.
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 11-29-2022 at 2:22 AM.

Thor is now back to pretty much stock aside from gas tank and plastics, going to be a while before I can do much with it. At least it is insured and plated! With winter hitting pretty hard here I have to work on small things I can in the house such as fixing a wiring harness for the Sportster, making a battery box (using a battery from a Honda Shadow that I bought and since sold the bike) and fabricating anything I can for the Buell. It also sucks when I can't do anything for the bikes as I do not have a shop/garage to put them in and the wind here hits an average of 120 KPH (75 MPH) pretty much every day during the winter months so tarps just rip to shreds in no time!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	299702404_10159849212515900_1532999061939105857_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	109565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	109566 These pics were taken in October, now both bikes are under 2" of snow UGH!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 11-29-2022 at 2:37 AM.

Share This