CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleShove View Post
    I spend A LOT of time in London for work and on weekends travel around a bit. The thing I love about the UK is many still have this love of classics. I read through this thread and it was great thanks for keeping this up. What an amazing bike and adventure.
    Thanks plenty more to come yet.....next plan is to build up a new front wheel with an 8inch drum brake for some more stopping power along with some other tweaks

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    You could be right on the rods - I had no play and I knew if I took the bottom end apart it would end up doing the works and all that Castrol R would need to be cleaned up off the cases.....so I have resisted so far. I am on the look out for another set of crankcases so i can do a full build but that's going to be this winter if it happens - right now its all about riding, good luck with your build be interested what you find when it comes apart
    Oh, i know exactly what I'm gonna find lol..
    Mismatched conrods since it was what i could find 15 years ago and one small end was toast. Had a new bronze bushing made for the timing side, fixed a few pulled base studs, guess its due for the rest now. Anyhow, last time i checked the main bushing was getting well worn and vibes have increased. May as well have my engine guy have a good look at it when i bring him the boxes. He appreciates getting everything disassembled and degreased lol.

Get Adobe Flash player

Loud exhaust to be expected as since its straight through......but no good for the planned track day with an imposed noise limit of 105db, bought some slip in baffles which has helped some, looks to now be right on the limit so maybe some fibreglass insulation wrapped round the baffle from the loft with be the ticket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	108328

Get Adobe Flash player

Loud exhaust to be expected as since its straight through......but no good for the planned track day with an imposed noise limit of 105db, bought some slip in baffles which has helped some, looks to now be right on the limit so maybe some fibreglass insulation wrapped round the baffle from the loft with be the ticket.

Had varying results with that kind of baffle. Noise limits have been an issue at British circuits for a long time. Brooklands Cans were the answer years ago.

Name:	Freddie-Clark.jpg 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	108341
    Must have worked:

The Tiger 100's sporting pretensions were later further proven through Freddie Clarke's 1939 lap record at Brooklands of 118.02 miles per hour (189.93 km/h) on a bored-out 503 cc Tiger 100.'
    Last edited by Hoghead; 04-23-2022 at 12:58 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

BTW- don't use loft insulation fibreglass , the right stuff for silencers is easily (and Cheaply) obtained.

Get Adobe Flash player

Track days what an epic idea, so come the day set off early and arrive around 8 at Castle Combe, dry weather so all good. We were in a group organised through the Brooklands Museum so a cross section of old bikes, Combe is a fast flowing circuit with some chicanes added to slow up the bikes, there were cones out to show turn in apex and braking locations but to be fair my plan was to stay on the bike and feel my way in + the engine was run in but untested in track condition ( bit like the rider
    No real issues during the day Noise test passed no problem, the plugs look very white after the first run and although the main jetting felt ok on the road it was clearly too lean, we carried out a couple of main jet changes ending up with 320 but there is more playing to be had when the rider gets up a few more brave pills. The bug has certainly bitten and with this in mind I am now have some new crankcases and all the bits to do a bottom end build so I know its history - some of the old engine will be used like the crank but I want to see what cams its currently running before I make that choice. Anyway here's some pics from the paddock

Name:	A54.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	108486

Name:	A55.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	108487
    Last edited by Dexter; 05-16-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fitted up with a classic style belly pan

Name:	A71.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	108548

Share This