CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default Oxblood's Evo build

Like I don't have enough projects already, I decided I would build a big twin Evo... Maybe starting a thread will keep me motivated.

Picked up an engine from kenny13_ over on Instagram. He'e a cool.guy, I met him at the Rally in the Alley here in Vegas last year. Builds engines too so that's a plus. Just a fresh, mild 80" to get things moving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190902_210044.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	96714

Then I raidedd a buddies parts pile for my old replica springer, a transmission, and a Paughco frame. The only front wheels I could find were an 80 spoke or a fat spoke lol.

Name:	IMG_20190830_190648.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	96715

Dumped it off in the garage with the rest of the projects...

Name:	IMG_20190902_164027_526.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	96716

Got a buddy stitching me up a matching solo seat, pillion, single sided saddlebag, tool roll, and bedroll. I also have a hex oil tank on the way. Plan is to keep it simple with a Sportster tank, some Regetta garage bars I have laying around, and a jockey.shift.

We will see how it goes...

Time to start clicking around and ordering parts. First stop was over to Lowbrow customs for a small replica Ironhead Sportster tank and petcock. Keeping things simple this time around.

Name:	007587_-_v-twin_-_stock_style_gas_tank_for_1958_-_1978_ironhead_sportster-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	271.6 KB 
ID:	96761

I don't know much about this frame but I did notice it is set up for a pogo seat with a bushing in the seat tube. LeBeef Kustom Metal Works has a rad chopper seat mount I have been lusting over for a while. This finally gives me a chance to use it.

Name:	165603831-origpic-5d55df.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	96762

Now to the technical question. This frame looks to be set up for a 4 speed. I have a solid mount 5 speed I got with the frame so I would like to use that if possible. Vulcan makes a 5 speed adapter plate. Is this a drop in and go type deal? I see multiple offsets. If I'm running a 150 tire do I do 0" offset? School me on these big twins!

Name:	IMG_20190904_071536.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	96763

Name:	5speedtransplate.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	96764
    Last edited by Oxblood; 09-04-2019 at 12:37 PM.

What does Vulcan say? It never hurts to ask the maker.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    What does Vulcan say? It never hurts to ask the maker.
    I can't find a phone number so I filled out their email form. Just thought someone on the forum might know and then it would be in a public place for people with this problem in the future to see. I know Paughco makes a similar plate so I'll call them on my break...

5 in a four speed frame plate is good to go. No offset needed for 150 tire. You might get a minor amount of chain rub depending on tire selection.
    Michelin's run a bit wider than advertised. Dunlops are a fuzz small.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater66 View Post
    5 in a four speed frame plate is good to go. No offset needed for 150 tire. You might get a minor amount of chain rub depending on tire selection.
    Michelin's run a bit wider than advertised. Dunlops are a fuzz small.
    Perfect man, that's exactly what I needed to know! Dunlop is what I have floating around the garage.

Share This