Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razorrichter
    • Mar 2014

A10 survivor

First year swinging arm a10 survivor I’m going to try and keep as original to this as possible pretty excited about this one
    Attached Files
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Not many of those left. Good job saving it.

http://www.ohiovalleybsaownersclub.com/ has an annual rally that is worth the trip to me from SC and you're closer. VERY cool bunch. There are several A10 owners including one with two tasteful hand shift choppers. I'll see if I can dig up pics but have shoulder replacement Tuesday so it may be a while.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall
      but have shoulder replacement Tuesday so it may be a while.

Damn it........... I wish you the best of luck.............

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

I'm quite prepared and have been practicing left hand life for months including a left hand dominant engine replacement in my F150 since I wanted the bigger shit done before surgery. May do a "tools" post later on as the stuff I put together will go straight to the shop after I'm done.

I developed a method a while back to get shit done quickly that's counter-intuitive and kicks ass. I deliberately slow down. A lot. Then I think things over in more detail than usual and review processes I considered obvious. The results are interesting and all good!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

Best of luck, what's the rehab timeline on that one?

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

First year swingarm - so 1954?
            What is your plan for the engine?

Guessing you know about Beeza Bill's site; his A10 pages include many mods,including roller bearing crank conversion, needle bearings for cam, and other tips:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	BSA-A10-Beezabill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1312395
            BSA A10 A7 650cc 500cc modifications inc reverse camplate, roller bearing conversion, close-ratio gearbox...

Twin Tips, by Eddie Dow
            Last edited by TriNortchopz; 08-04-2019, 7:56 AM.
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• razorrichter
              • Mar 2014

Engine

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
              First year swingarm - so 1954?
              What is your plan for the engine?

Guessing you know about Beeza Bill's site; his A10 pages include many mods,including roller bearing crank conversion, needle bearings for cam, and other tips:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]96062[/ATTACH]
              BSA Motorcycles built by Birmingham Small Arms from 1910 to the early 1970s

Twin Tips, by Eddie Dow
              https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=2750.0
              I’ll have to check out that guys site and gather some ideas as far as for sure plans, SRM oil pump and a I’ll grind and dynamic balance the crank and obviously bearing replacement all around and full head rebuild. I pulled the engine last night and I’ll get to broke down in the next few days

Comment

• razorrichter
                • Mar 2014

Excitement

I’m debating on the fit and finish of this build I have considered leavening the exterior filthy but I am tempted to also make it pristine? I can’t stand that chrome I think I need to strip it all and just do it up right this is photo of what I typically do
                Attached Files

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Leaving shit dirty is reasonable if you put the dirt there by riding. Building shit dirty is fucking retarded and an utterly stupid fad. "Patina" really means "I'm too lazy to do it right or get my own machinery dirty by righteous use so I'll fake it."

Stick with your typical neatness. It looks professional.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by
                    Leaving shit dirty is reasonable if you put the dirt there by riding. Building shit dirty is fucking retarded and an utterly stupid fad. "Patina" really means "I'm too lazy to do it right or get my own machinery dirty by righteous use so I'll fake it."

Stick with your typical neatness. It looks professional.

I agree 10000000000000000000000000%

If your that lazy stay at home with the ole lady and drink beer...........

Comment

• razorrichter
                      • Mar 2014

Inspiration

Just a few bikes I found kinda get me motivated and in the right direction
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

^^^^^^ All are awesome looking......^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
                          • Apr 2012

Purty cool, Im into BSAs as well, got a couple A10s, some preunit singles including a couple goldies, Some A65s and some unit singles.
                          I suppose you already know about the BSA A7/A10 forum? Im on there and only a few of us Yanks,, the majority are in the UK and Europe and a lot in NZ and Australia. But its the go-to resource for anything Preunit BSA Twin. Been a big help to me and I contribute where I can. (I Helped load a lot of the tech material there, IE: manuals and parts books).

But truth is,, Im interested in that Matchless there in the pix. Is that a 55 G80CS? nice bike,,,I have a 64 G80CS and was scoping out this one locally,, nice bike and tastefully done.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Matchless49G80rigid1200x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	1312974 Thats a 49 G80 with some nice mods. (I have more pix)
                          But same guy also has a very nice but stock and original BSA Super rocket,,He is the 2nd owner and was bought new and lived all its life since the 1950s up in Bellingham Washington.

Comment

• razorrichter
                            • Mar 2014

Top end popped off

Sound an unsatisfactory surprise inside. Cylinder blown out repaired and sleeved not cool. Some cut up pistons and a few other repaired I can see but nothing that can’t be fixed!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• razorrichter
                              • Mar 2014

The old dude that hooked me up with the A10 is a huge matchless guy he helps run the owners club so getting a matchless from him isn’t easy ��

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;