CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1997 Heritage front wheel swap...?

Ok, just wondering if anyone has the info I'm seeking: I've got a stock 1997 Heritage softail with the standard single disc brake front end and 16" spoked rim. What I WANT to do is put a 21" single disc spoked rim / wheel on it. I was hoping that if I found a donor rim, axle, disc off a similar year EVO wideglide softail or Dyna that it would basically drop right on. Anybody know? Done it? I did this on a Kawasaki Vulcan 800 one time (I swapped the wheels and the axles, spacers, everything were identical and it was a simple swap). What say ye??? THANKS! Randy

Basically, yes. I've done this swap and it was as simple as changing the wheel. Just the wheel. Both wheels had the same hub and brake disc lined up perfectly.. I don't know what the 21" came off, but was told it was from a Dyna of some sort.

Sugarcubes

easy swap and looks pretty cool with the FL chunky forks if you lower em a bit. Get a 21" off an FXST and pop it on

SamHain

I put a later sealed bearing 21 on my 95, had to make spacers and lace the rim over a touch.

Get Adobe Flash player

As usual gentlemen, you are the SHIT! Thanks so much... Now I just gotta start saving for that wheel. THANKS again!

Get Adobe Flash player

Gratzii!

Share This