Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjvass
    • Feb 2015

2018 flht-p

I have a new 2018 Electra Glide Std,police bike. Looking for a hinged opening cover for the radio box. Old skool don't want no radio,GPS or any doodads. Just want to use the box for extra storage. Anybody know of someone who makes such a beast. The Factory gurus said. Nope!
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

I'd check vtwinforum and other "normal" HD forums. Someone here might know so it can't hurt to ask but new baggers ain't old choppers.

Post clear pics of the radio box. There might be an easy way to make what you want. "Aircraft piano hinge" (search using that term) is cheap on Ebay and a better hinge by far than consumer shit. It can easily be cut to length.

Example, note that it's spring loaded. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aircraft-Al...0AAOSw5e5cZCRD

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

I don't understand why you bought a new bike in the first place just to strip it apart??????

Comment

• pan620
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jjvass
        I have a new 2018 Electra Glide Std,police bike. Looking for a hinged opening cover for the radio box. Old skool don't want no radio,GPS or any doodads. Just want to use the box for extra storage. Anybody know of someone who makes such a beast. The Factory gurus said. Nope!
        "old skool" riding a 2018? Really?

Comment

• MOTher
          • Sep 2012

I have a 2001 FLHTPI that I don't usually talk about on this board. At the time there was a fabric bag available that fit into the radio opening, had a a velcro flap (with a bar & shield) over a zipper in the front for quick access, attached with velcro so it wouldn't fall out, but you could take it out fairly easily and take it inside your motel room with you, rather than leave it out in the parking lot. Not a hinged lid, but a solution. You could also make your own hinged lid.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MOTher
            I have a 2001 FLHTPI that I don't usually talk about on this board.
            I understand where you are coming from.... I have a 07 Street Glide I bought new...... I went from a 62 to Pan to that bike..... When I bought the bike I didn't care about the radio...... I figured what the hell I don't have to cut it on....

LOL Hell I never cut it off I think it's great....... If I want old school as he called it I will get out a Pan or a Knuck and be old school.......

Comment

• jjvass
              • Feb 2015

Didn't come with a radio,it's a std stripped down full dresser

Comment

• jjvass
                • Feb 2015

The stripped down bobber evo sits right next to the 2018. My 2000 w 95k was totaled by a cager in Fla. in February. So it was look for a used bagger or buy new for 16k, which is what I paid for my new 2000 RK in 99. How could you go wrong?

Comment

• jjvass
                  • Feb 2015

Old skool as you can get, no radio,gps,alarm....chain n lock

Comment

• pan620
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jjvass
                    Old skool as you can get, no radio,gps,alarm....chain n lock
                    And fuel injection, auto cancel blinkers, rear belt...................on and on. Not Old Skool in my book but have fun with it!!

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by pan620
                      And fuel injection, auto cancel blinkers, rear belt...................on and on. Not Old Skool in my book!!
                      Yep........

Comment

• OliverClozoff
                        • Jan 2019

You got a pic of the dash? I would think someone would make a double DIN, or single DIN delete for it that would double as a storage area. You could probably find something close and then fab something out of metal, or fiberglass that would fit your needs. There are a bunch of bagger groups on FB. If your are on FB, check out some of those groups. Tons of guys doing custom stuff to baggers out there. Someone could probably help you there I am guessing as well.

Comment

• farmall
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
                          I don't understand why you bought a new bike in the first place just to strip it apart??????
                          I thought that's what all motorcycles are for!

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall
                            i thought that's what all motorcycles are for!
                            lol not mine........

I had a guy ask me one time that bought a new bike and he asked me how to make it different....... I told him to leave it the fuck alone that way it would be different as everyone wants to fuck with them and add doodads.......

My Streetglide is pretty much as I bought it.....
                            Last edited by Tattooo; 06-04-2019, 7:29 PM.

Comment

• pan620
                              • Feb 2013

Right on! And it will work as intended for a lot longer to!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;