CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by shank1kole View Post
    Gonna be sweet man!
    Thanks , it does seem to be getting there nicely . Can be a bit of a test working in the garden tho . But it keeps the neighbours amused and Iím determined to get there .

Managed to straighten / square the axle plates up . And didn’t need a jig for it . Also managed to get rid of the rest of the swinging arm and the pivot points . Pleased at how well it all went. Now ready to try the rear wheel in the frame . Have got a bit of rod to use till I can get a longer axle bolt made . Tried a mock up of the ribbing on the axle plates with masking tape , looked good to me !

Not to much progress at the mo , lost a bit of confidence . Nearly messing up the rear end , it’s difficult working with Out any facilities ! So I’m now getting some quotes to have the gooseneck done , don’t wanna mess it all up this far into the build . If it’s too pricey I’ll Go without One . Tried to mount the rear fender / mudguard and sissy bar today . But didn’t have the right size steel to make the brackets , but the required bits are on there way now . A bit of a frustrating day really , but it happens lol. But I know from what I could do , they will work well for me , although there’s a few bolt holes to weld up in the mudguard .
    Last edited by dowood1; 05-17-2020 at 4:27 PM.

Managed to get a bit more done today , I think it’s starting to look cool . Had one quote for the goose neck , but could buy a custom frame for what they wanted to do it . Reckon it still needs one tho . Guess I’ll have to do it me self , reasonably confident to do it , lol
    The sissy bar is just bodged into place , will keep all the centre bits and remake the outer frame in a thicker bar . It’s progress I guess !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E213E4E1-AEF9-478E-8BFD-5CD4C7AED72E.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	103576

Name:	3D37241F-2154-4487-8643-0227084F1537.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	103577

Regarding drive shaft lengthening: this guy just used steel tube. Apparently the cush drive helps a lot.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/24971/...orcycle-engine

Thanks bob138 , that looks like a interesting post haven’t had chance to watch it or study the xvs shaft yet . Have shortened shafts before for a cx500 and 2 litre diesel trike , but have never lengthend one as yet . Gonna have to look at some ideas soon . The unit that bolts to the front of the xvs diff appears to have a seal on the end of it thru which the d/shaft has to be pulled back thru to remove the shaft . So that looks like it would rule out sleeving the shaft . Will try to watch the clip later , thanks again

Found this Pic of a well Cool bike On the inter web , but I’m not that if it were mine I’d be comfortable with that seat stylistically or from a comfort / safety point of view ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67968469-5ABE-4ED7-B04A-1A659596F7F2.jpg 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	103747

I know where the builder of that bike is coming from. In the 60s we used to customize our Schwinns and Huffys and I've seen that trend carry on to chops recently... an ode to fond childhood memories.

Yep right with you there Skjoll and it does look great and brings back fond memories . Still not sure about sitting on such a narrow Hight seat that’s sprung at the front. On a machine That goes faster than I could ever pedal . But it defo looks good tho

Quote Originally Posted by dowood1 View Post
    ... not sure about sitting on such a narrow Hight seat thatís sprung at the front...
    And that's why I see more customs like that parked at shows instead of ridden on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoll View Post
    And that's why I see more customs like that parked at shows instead of ridden on the road.
    Yeah no matter how good they look or how clever they are . It’s always a shame when they’re built for show and not “ practical“ riding IMO

Have moved the seat back an inch , fitted the kicker pedal footrests , but still waiting for the right size clevis pins . Have Also tacked some 10mm bar on the rear axle plates as faux ribbing . Which looks a lot better to me , even without any moulding or paint .

Name:	87AE4C7B-957A-4ED8-8178-B0E4BEF29DEF.jpg 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	103843
    Last edited by dowood1; 05-28-2020 at 1:50 PM.

Took a gamble and bought a pair of xt600 forks off of flea bay . Thought they would widen the gap between the front wheel and the front of the frame, with the forward mounted axle , Result ! Its stepped it up from 4” to 7 3/4 “! And looks cool to me . Will need to do a bit of fabbing to fit the front wheel properly plus the speedo drive & caliper . Have got the stance right now , and no chance of knacking the frame up trying to goose neck it in the garden . Also decided to bin the sissy bar , and keep it low at the rear end . Now I’m on a roll !

Name:	4FFC8D12-4997-45DF-83A8-05B581BE2DFA.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	103886

Share This