CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    btalley63

Default FXR swap guys. Has anyone moved a bike to another state?

Has anyone had any issues with the engine vin not matching the frame when trying to register an FXR in another state?
    I guess it would be any bike where the engine doesn't match the frame vin number.

It's been a while since I was stopped on a bike so I don't know if this is even a thing any longer.

Am I over thinking this?

Thanks for the info.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

There's no reason swapping a part which title doesn't follow should ever be a problem though if you're moving to a econazi state I suggest asking about (which is NO substitute for studying the law as written so do that too!) the SPECIFIC state you want to move to and don't neglect whatever their emissions laws are.

Better yet, never move to a state which requires POV inspections so you don't lose days every year taking vehicles in for inspection.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

No need to worry. Even brand new Hondas do not have matching engine and frame numbers.
    But the frame number and engine has to match what is on the registration unless it is a custom frame and you have turned in the MSO paperwork Or you can prove you built the frame and in a workmanship like way with some qualifications.

You would have needed to show a receipt for the engine in California. Thats all.
    Last edited by Luky; 05-11-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Share This