CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default CHOPPERS Magazine .. Back from a long rest ...

Y'all remember this rag ... First to go on the newsstands in 1967 ...

Well ... .../// https://youtu.be/QOkSvLqkafU \\\...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2303.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	91401

Pretty cool stuff will be in print ...

Name:	IMG_2304.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	91402

Might even see something from me every now and again .. ??

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	91403

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool. You'd be ideal do the tech articles.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks ...

Going to try to get a veteran on-board from the past ...

She wrote for many Bike Mags over the years ...

... Pulsating Paula ...

Hope she can .... I always found her works very interesting and entertaining ..

Get Adobe Flash player

More than happy to head up the Lifestyle section.....hahahaha

Get Adobe Flash player

Good . We could really use a good chopper magazine. All of today's mags suck , and I mean all of them,no exceptions.
    My collection of old mags I truly appreciate are from the the mid 80's on down and all the Iron Horses till' Snow left.
    THBC's wasn't too bad early on but, by the time Ralph handed it off to Englishman it was already starting to slip and "E-man" drove it into the dirt a long time ago.

Get Adobe Flash player

Aver que pasa with this scandal sheet, wish them best, really do..

Get Adobe Flash player

I would Like a ManBun haters section evry month also
    Thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

Be interesting to see how this goes. I followed some of the threads on Instagram disappointed to find more sticker and T shirt selling than magazine content. Hope they prove me wrong and have a great publication. I have a long history with Choppers Magazine and even wrote a few articles for them when Chris Bunch was the editor.
    Regards,

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    Thanks ...

Going to try to get a veteran on-board from the past ...

She wrote for many Bike Mags over the years ...

... Pulsating Paula ...

Hope she can .... I always found her works very interesting and entertaining ..
    Yay!

Get Adobe Flash player

Ill be interested as well, Located a recent copy of the Horse and really looks like they are struggling, Maybe I am wrong, But not the magazine it was 10 years ago. Usually the back page also has ads, Which are expensive to purchase. Instead they put another pix of the feature bike and chickie on the back cover which normally is prime real estate.

They are openly soliciting for feature bikes and cover shots, Most are written by the people submitting their bikes which does not say a lot compared to yonder days of yore. Used to be at least some tech content, which I looked fwd too.

They cancelled subscriptions, which I think is a major mistake, Around here, its really hit and miss finding a retailer that sells it. The retail price is expensive as well. $8.99 or something like that. Car Craft magazine is also a shadow of itself. I was a subscriber for decades. I looked at one at the same time and its on cheap paper and very thin. More like a 'Zine than a real magazine. In contrast,, Hot Rod magazine was plump, high quality print and looked decent. But again, the retail on them was quite high. There seems to be locally at least 2 major rat rod car magazines, they seem to be doing okay. But there sure is a LOT fewer magazines out there these days. ( I was looking for Cafe racer,,,Did they fold?)

Back about 10 years ago,, the magazines were arrogant. Only would feature Indian Billy Bourget and other appointed marketing gems with fat tire $40,000-$60,000 customs and when readers wrote in and asked where is the custom British bikes? The custom Asian bikes? They just told people to F off. Seems that was the start of the slide towards the end. Cycle world is gone, so are many others.

Be nice to see a good magazine come out and flourish or at least soldier on with some content month after month. What they NEED though is some good writers.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. Hunter S. Thompson
    ------------------------------------------
    With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms. Hunter S. Thompson
    -----------------------------------------
    “The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Name:	HSTMoralityoriginal.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	91476 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HSTGoodtimesrollo1Lcv1qgolyao1_1280.jpg 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	91477 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HSTassociation-of-motorcycles-with-lsd-is-no-accident-of-publicity-they-are-both-a-hunter-s-thom.jpg 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	91478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HSTLove159fb160a37a51ff.jpg 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	91479

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Davestune View Post
    Thanks
    Rubsy has a column in the new mag so you can expect something right up your...um...alley

Get Adobe Flash player

Retail on anything that doesn't suck will seem high since humans aren't good at understanding inflation. Today dead tree media are collectibles.

There are fewer mags thanks to the Recession, shrinking market (it would be interesting to know how much it shrank), and the fact that there are only so many things one can do to a motorcycle. Most bike mags sucked because they were just vehicles for adverts. Those keep the presses rolling but poor choice (adverts not useful to the audience are as annoying in print as on the net) made them worse.

Consider selling ebooks. The market is large and viewing material on a large monitor or TV beats any magazine, plus the cost per unit is nil and you have infinite reproduction at tfixed initial cost. Dead tree mags are only convenient for old people who are used to them. A successful biker example is Donny Petersen who offers bound and ebooks via Amazon.

The market will be narrow. Subs make it easier to sustain revenue. Newstand sales are risky because of unsold returns. If each issue has at least two good tech articles worth saving that will interest some customers.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Davestune View Post
    Thanks
    This should send you into a blind rage

Get Adobe Flash player

You almost went full Avon there, Senor Backstrip.

Never go Full Avon

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    This should send you into a blind rage

Get Adobe Flash player

I Froth at the mouth,
    I feel like Curley in a padded room listening to pop goes the weasel and not a tassel in sight
    You and your manbun posts

Get Adobe Flash player

I have about 2/3 of the original Roth Choppers magazines. SOOOOO cool to read. Love the old ads! LOOOOOONG springers and girders for sale CHEAP. The Roth t-shirts and decals. And, my fave, fork slugs. SO safe!

DD

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 47str8leg View Post
    Good . We could really use a good chopper magazine. All of today's mags suck , and I mean all of them,no exceptions.
    My collection of old mags I truly appreciate are from the the mid 80's on down and all the Iron Horses till' Snow left.
    THBC's wasn't too bad early on but, by the time Ralph handed it off to Englishman it was already starting to slip and "E-man" drove it into the dirt a long time ago.
    They do suck. the last subscription I had was about 15 yrs. ago (Hotbike I think).
    I used to have a collection of CHOPPERS Magazine(& Easy riders) but some A hole ripped them off back
    in the late '80's along with allot of other cool shit. But they didn't even touch my rod mags,
    I have a huge collection of old rod magazines mostly early 1960's through 1980's.

Share This