Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • funkfist
    • Oct 2013

Motoiron springer

Hey I’ve search the forums and tried some google-fu but I can’t find any solid information on these. Anyone have one and put some miles on it? I’m heavily considering one for a cheap rubber mount project.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by funkfist
    Hey I’ve search the forums and tried some google-fu but I can’t find any solid information on these. Anyone have one and put some miles on it? I’m heavily considering one for a cheap rubber mount project.
    Never heard of one....

Comment

• Tippyman
      • Sep 2018

They’re made from the highest quality Chinesium and Thaitanium.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

If it's a "cheap" project why throw away money on a springer when you can make telescopic forks look great for peanuts?

I've no info on that brand but given the shit that can fuck up (like plating, for which there is no fix except replating) a springer is the last place I'd cut costs. It's like buying a cheap parachute.

Comment

• funkfist
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by farmall
          If it's a "cheap" project why throw away money on a springer when you can make telescopic forks look great for peanuts?

I've no info on that brand but given the shit that can fuck up (like plating, for which there is no fix except replating) a springer is the last place I'd cut costs. It's like buying a cheap parachute.
          I got another sportster with 6 over tele. I used DNA in the past with okay results never broke one or had problems once I replaced the springs and bushings. This one bolts on due to being offset so I was trying to see if it was junk or not. I just can’t see myself spending an equal amount to what I paid for the bike on a springer. Yeah I know they are better, I had a Denver 12 over on a shovel.

Comment

• Tippyman
            • Sep 2018

I did a bunch of research. Like, a shit ton. I ended up spending $1500 on a quality springer. I don’t feel bad about it.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
              • Dec 2017

Hey I’ve search the forums and tried some google-fu but I can’t find any solid information on these.
              seen this video review?
              Moto Iron™ Springer Front End Review
              If you are looking to install a springer front end on your Harley Davidson™ you have many options. We have found that Moto Iron™ Springers are affordable and feature a strong design. Check out this video to see what the benefits of running a Moto Iron™ Springer are.  Click Here To Buy   © TC Bros. Choppers, LLC Engineered for Freedom.™ Tyler and Tim Cobb | The TC Brothers

gotta...
              Article and Photos By: Daniel Donley Originally Published In The February 2017 Issue Of Cycle Source Magazine Paul has had visions of owning a hard ta

Thread: Moto Iron springer frontend
              "Made in beautiful downtown Korea.
              Trustable at stock or 2" under, PIA to get a fender looking half decent on, [if your state requires such things].
              They are usually in the $400-$500 range new, so the price ain't bad."

and

"I have handled two of them, because I was really intrigued by the price and wouldn't run one until I saw it. I did it twice because I was soooooo profoundly disappointed the first time!
              They've got to be the ugliest, cheapest looking springers I've seen. Steel is fine, finish was fine, but every single thing is just not right aesthetically. They look almost backyardish in person, like cousin Billy's welding project at night school. Well, that isn't fair, the finish was good. Photos make them look only half cheap.
              They fit for the crowd of guys looking to build cheap chops. If you want pretty and functional, save your pennies and buy the real deal."

Search the classified and find a older used quality made springer for a similar price.
              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Luky
                • May 2018

I have bought 4 sets of DNA springer forks. The workmanship was good. They did not squeak at all.
                The first set was 19 inches over and were chrome. After about about one year there was a tiny chip in the chrome on one of the sharp edges.
                The other three sets were black with chrome. Ranging from +8, +2 to stock length at 22".
                I never had any trouble with them. I like them. When you buy the DNA forks you also get an axle kit including axle, spacers for the disc brake.
                Domed fine thread nuts for the axle.

Comment

• Sep 2012

The only thing I know about them is they are a copy of the Paughco/Jammer/D&D springer that has been around for about 50 years. The TC video show the construction which looks pretty decent. This style of springer was the brain child of Boyd DeFrance Jr. He got tired of working on OG Harley springers which he felt suffered from fatigue due to age. He used the half D shape for the rear legs as it was considered the strongest for the design. They were labeled D&D after the Boyd's machine shop, but distributed through D&D Choppers a separate company owned by Teresi and Blair (Easyriders). This became Jammer in later years. Paughco still sells this same design.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;