CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default calling on Von Wegener

You had some info on bearing numbers to switch to a VL front end. Some of the bearing numbers you listed are not available. I did not write those numbers down and now may have a resource to get them. Could you please provide all the numbers (maybe even the 1 inch specs) for this conversion. They were all tapered timkins. Memory has L4555? but cant remember. Might have even been on another forum. Thanks!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Jockey Journal is where he's often found.

Post the info here when ya get it.

I used to be on there but every time I cleaned up my computer it kicked me out and I had to resign up. So I gave up This info may not be correct going over some old notes. Timkin L44643 is the one for 1 inch stems BT cups. L44649 fits the BT neck cups but the id is 1 1/16 so you would have to bore or pin hone 1/16th out of the ID I think L44459 is the one that fits BT neck cups but has the 1 1/8th id for VL or Indian. I think this is the one that is not available but not sure. If it is the one I emailed Timkin themselves and they know nothing about it. May be someone from the other site could get the info and get it over here? thanks
    Last edited by flatman; 02-17-2020 at 7:16 PM.

OK the bearing fitting a VL 1 1/8 stem and also fits the big twin normal neckcup is.........Timkin L44459 but I think it is NLA

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Posted:
    https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...52#post2065152

Post whatever your solution is here too for reference.
    Last edited by farmall; 02-17-2020 at 9:08 PM.

No l44459 is available. Looks like leaf spring Indians use a 1 1/8 stem and the bottom bearing is US No, 7206W but the timkin replacement is 08125 with the outer race 08231 no idea what the total od is but chief neck castings are large in the bearing area

Share This