Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockman96
    • May 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
    Sure there is... Pre 1970 HD motors go off of the motor...

But that's not what he asked.... He asked it the motor came with a title.. I've seen many people sell the title with the motor before....

Weather it should be sold with the motor or not that has nothing to do with it...

It was just a question...

I guess the answer to his question is no?
    Well you know, that's why I specified this:

Originally posted by rockman96
    At least this is the case with the newest HD s/n's, I don't know if it applies to earlier stuff where frame and case numbers may match(?).

State laws, and local LEA's... They can vary wildly, best bet is to be really careful and know the rules of your area.
    My statements above were mainly aimed at the OP, although I quoted you since you seemed confused by his statement.
    He is not talking about a pre-1970 engine.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Well you know, that's why I specified this:
      My statements above were mainly aimed at the OP, although I quoted you since you seemed confused by his statement.
      He is not talking about a pre-1970 engine.

Man it's ok, I'm not confused at all.... I know how it works....

Remember I'm not the one that brought up the title question remember... I was just explaining why buddha asked it.....

At least this is the case with the newest HD s/n's, I don't know if it applies to earlier stuff where frame and case numbers may match(?).
      I'm glad you know about pre 70s motors now....

I hope the guy buys the motor and it's a good one...
      Last edited by Tattooo; 09-10-2018, 2:20 PM.

Comment

• rockman96
        • May 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
        I hope the guy buys the motor and it's a good one...
        I hope so too. I hope this hurricane doesn't hit too hard down there...

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

I hope this hurricane doesn't hit too hard down there...
          Me too ... !!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

I hope so too. I hope this hurricane doesn't hit too hard down there...
            You and I both, I hope the hell it stays out in the ocean....

I'm not really that far from him and you... I remember Hugo very well....

Comment

• rockman96
              • May 2018

That SOB went straight through Charlotte! Unreal.

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Boys .... This looks like a rough one....

If you live near the coast line, get your ass to high ground.... !!!

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

That SOB went straight through Charlotte! Unreal.
                  I've got staff in Charlotte and told her to get out of Dodge at the first sign it is heading toward her.

Comment

• Sportycoat1100
                    • Apr 2018

I might not be buying this engine after this thing hits, literally 20 minuets from the Myrtle beach coast. Hopefully won’t wreak havoc

Also found out same guy has a 80s rebuilt shovel for the same price. Might just hop on it to play it safe
                    Last edited by Sportycoat1100; 09-10-2018, 6:54 PM.

Comment

• farmall
                      • Apr 2013

Every adult in that region who isn't retarded knows how the game is played, and Joaquin showed us exactly what floods at max rainfall. Do make sure your fuel tanks and spare cans are full since not every gas station has a genset.

2K is high for that engine which was likely thrown together from leftovers. Remember complete running Shovels aren't expensive in Georgia or the Carolinas (and remember what owners ask on Craigslist ain't what they get) and winter (not that we get real "winter") is coming. You should be able to find a titled Shovel runner for 4000-4500. I'm proficient at building basket cases but unless you already own the rest of the motorcycle in parts it's rarely worth doing because the nickel and dime shit adds up.

I'd offer 1500 then sell the bottom end if you want a Pan project and have deep pockets. If you want a Shovel, buy a runner.

If you go here (example)

then open each area in a new tab you can search the motorcycles and motorcycle parts by owner sections very quickly.

To switch states just change the state code https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/sc to nc, ga, whatever.

Happy hunting!

EDIT:
                      Just noticed this in my daily scanning. That's worth the ask price unless it has some problem not visible in the pics. If you decide you want the engine that would be a nice place to put it. There are titled chopper frames and rollers around too.

1976 Harley Davidson FLH frame - $1500 (Asheville)

I might not be buying this engine after this thing hits, literally 20 minuets from the Myrtle beach coast. Hopefully won’t wreak havoc
                      Havoc is good for prices and unlike water-damaged cars a motorcycle drivetrain can be pulled and dismantled in an easy weekend.
                      Last edited by farmall; 09-10-2018, 7:52 PM.

Comment

• shovel625
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by farmall
                        Every adult in that region who isn't retarded knows how the game is played, and Joaquin showed us exactly what floods at max rainfall. Do make sure your fuel tanks and spare cans are full since not every gas station has a genset.

2K is high for that engine which was likely thrown together from leftovers. Remember complete running Shovels aren't expensive in Georgia or the Carolinas (and remember what owners ask on Craigslist ain't what they get) and winter (not that we get real "winter") is coming. You should be able to find a titled Shovel runner for 4000-4500. I'm proficient at building basket cases but unless you already own the rest of the motorcycle in parts it's rarely worth doing because the nickel and dime shit adds up.

I'd offer 1500 then sell the bottom end if you want a Pan project and have deep pockets. If you want a Shovel, buy a runner.

If you go here (example)

then open each area in a new tab you can search the motorcycles and motorcycle parts by owner sections very quickly.

To switch states just change the state code https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/sc to nc, ga, whatever.

Happy hunting!

EDIT:
                        Just noticed this in my daily scanning. That's worth the ask price unless it has some problem not visible in the pics. If you decide you want the engine that would be a nice place to put it. There are titled chopper frames and rollers around too.

1976 Harley Davidson FLH frame - $1500 (Asheville)

Havoc is good for prices and unlike water-damaged cars a motorcycle drivetrain can be pulled and dismantled in an easy weekend.
                        I agree with the nickle and dime stuff.

I have enough parts in my shop i can put together basket cases, for the most part, without having to buy much.

In the past, i have pieced together basket cases, before i had a surplus of parts, that ended up costing me ,more than buying a runner.

Comment

• Natehate
                          • Aug 2013

a cone motor you cant hear or ride isn't worth 2 grand unless its in a titled frame. to me anyways
                          maybe if you knew the complete history/builder/contents
                          used motors is a crap shoot

Comment

• Dragstews
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Natehate
                            Used motors is a crap shoot
                            Just got a phone call about the crap shoot...
                            Fella going to send me a complete motor that he just bought, it was just built, never run...

Got some nice parts in it ... He wants to know what he bought, so a tear down will happen to check it over ....

I'll do a thread here on CC when it gets here...

.../// https://youtu.be/wIsEvlUOEvs \\\...
                            Last edited by Dragstews; 09-14-2018, 6:20 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;