CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Tool roll recommendations

Anybody have a nice tool roll they wanna recommend? I need something that can be strapped to the bars or the sissy bar when it not rolled up in a bed roll. Big enough to hold a decent set of ratchet wrenches; pliers, dykes, etc and most of all to keep that shit organized. I hate hunting for a wrench or socket or insert “mother fucking lost ass piece of shit I just saw a second ago” tool in a big open bag where everything is just thrown in and piled up. Hopefully this falls under general tech since it’s about carrying stuff to fix the broke down shit a lot of us ride. If not send it to the junk pile. Thanks guys

tzienlee

I'm a Tool Whore,...
    my workshop has somewhere in the region of $20k in tools from hammers to a welder,....
    but I do not carry tools on my bike other than a Leathermans as I build and service my bikes properly and have found if you do things right they don't go wrong, I'm forever doing something in the way of maintenance & catch things early
    When 16 and my first ever ground up build was first on the road I would carry half my toolbox for a trip to the shops for some smokes !!
    now my best ''tool'' is a mobile (Cell) phone & a breakedown cover card...…
    never had to use it other than for a blow out about 15 years ago...……...
    Last edited by tzienlee; 08-28-2018 at 4:15 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I got a cheap canvas one off eBay for a couple bucks many years ago... just as good of quality as any of the chopular brands you can buy for 10x markup.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    I'm a Tool Whore,...
    my workshop has somewhere in the region of $20k in tools from hammers to a welder,....
    but I do not carry tools on my bike other than a Leathermans as I build and service my bikes properly and have found if you do things right they don't go wrong, I'm forever doing something in the way of maintenance & catch things early
    When 16 and my first ever ground up build was first on the road I would carry half my toolbox for a trip to the shops for some smokes !!
    now my best ''tool'' is a mobile (Cell) phone & a breakedown cover card...…
    never had to use it other than for a blow out about 15 years ago...……...
    I carry a leatherman all the time, but I’ve had a few instances where a basic tool set of the difference in getting it fixed and on the road or paying big money for a flat bed. I did 28k miles last year, and I’ve done about 12k this year. I’d just rather carry some cheap insurance vs breaking down in Cousinfuckerton, Alabama and not having shit to fix something stupid.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OakBehringer View Post
    I got a cheap canvas one off eBay for a couple bucks many years ago... just as good of quality as any of the chopular brands you can buy for 10x markup.
    I never think about eBay for shit like this. And you can bet your ass if a chopper company sells it, it’s gonna be made from Thai field mouse foreskin and cost as much as the bike

Get Adobe Flash player

Old military surplus canvas tool rolls work nicely. So do small canvas G.I. tool bags.

I carry tools on long trips since I'm used to doing that. Same with my trucks. I always wear a Leatherman and I leave a set of folding hex keys in each riding jacket. When ya have plenty of tools I see no reason not to disperse everywhere for convenience.

Of course I probably went off the deep end long ago. I even have a spare heat gun in my kitchen for getting off stuck jar lids (aim at center of lid, expansion does the rest and it works better than hot water).

Get Adobe Flash player

I know you asked for a nice tool roll but I wanted to throw in a budget option that has treated me well. Two bags for $10.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-Polyest...l-Bag/50175657

Get Adobe Flash player

Bandit (Keith Ball) has some kewl tool rolls/bed rolls...... go to His web sight: Bikernet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Of course I probably went off the deep end long ago. I even have a spare heat gun in my kitchen for getting off stuck jar lids (aim at center of lid, expansion does the rest and it works better than hot water).
    I love this.

Get Adobe Flash player

MotoStuka makes a pretty nice one out of leather and waxed canvas.
    A little more pricey at $90, but a solid roll.

https://motostuka.myshopify.com/coll...ante-tool-roll

what I did was put my bike on the lift and go thru the motions of most breakdowns,maintenence and what tools I would need.

then I sorted thru my extra tools and got them out and put in the bags.

one thing I never leave home without is a 12v test light.and a extra bulb for it. a few feet of electrical wire and some tape.

I would like to carry a cheap multimeter but don't think they would survive long.

when I rode a evo bagger I carried enuf tools to rebuild a caterpillar dozer.

at a few diff runs guys would be looking for this and that tool and id say yeah I got it.

when I emptied out my bags looking for tools for them ther eyes would get big and they would ask me why I carried so many tools.

I just said "I used to ride a shovel"

they would just nod ther heads and understand.

now that I ride a shovel I built I really don't need too many tools but they are nice to have.

Get Adobe Flash player

I dont carry tools on my bike for myself. I tend to my bike before any major trips and check everything.

Id like to find a tool roll myself, but currently using a used HD leather tool bag. It sucks. luckely i havent lost tools yet, but shit has fallen out of it before.

I carry- Phillips,Flathead,1/2,9/16,5/8 wrenches and vise grips. Roll of electrical tape and zip ties.

Get Adobe Flash player

Small military canvas ones are awesome (what I use) But also as mentioned above the MOTOStuka products are fantastic, quality and ergonomic. I don't mind paying the shipping to the UK for his stuff top quality.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Old military surplus canvas tool rolls work nicely. So do small canvas G.I. tool bags.
    Totally agree with farmall on military surplus bags. I have a large one for breaker bars and big wrenches, like the ones I use for axle nuts. Then a small one for wrenches, sockets and ratchets, as well as screwdrivers.

I, also, have a leatherman. On my key ring, there is a P38, P51 and a ROV military opener, as well as, a multi type screw driver tool.

But, I have to ask, how many times have you burned your hand using that heat gun on a pickles jar lid?

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Tool Bag

My tool bag.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a.jpg  

Share This