CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by mattymuch View Post
    I have a offset front chain sprocket already. haha I like the criticism. I want to get more people's opinions on how this bike will ride. Obliviously I'm going to get to ride this pig eventually, but can any of you old farts chime in? have you ridden a bike with a 240/250 tire? I understand handling goes out the window, but it is it so bad you cant even ride it or what? did I do myself any favors by going with a 120 front compared to the stock 90
    i have no idea on the wide tire shit, so im of no use on that maybe someone else can tell ya, but i do know this, never put money into a sporty cause you will never get it back........
    finish out and see if ya like it can always swap the old shit back

Get Adobe Flash player

Try to keep them shock studs as short as possible since they are in single shear. I found a long 3/4" rear axle with standard timkens to be high fuckin' maintenance. Vulcan makes a lot of counter shaft sprocket possibilities.

Get Adobe Flash player

Unless you’ve already done it, you gonna need this, that’s if there’s any $$ left over after spiderwebs and Stereo.

http://www.hammerperf.com/883conversions.shtml#120hp

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Unless youíve already done it, you gonna need this, thatís if thereís any $$ left over after spiderwebs and Stereo.

http://www.hammerperf.com/883conversions.shtml#120hp

The bikes a 1200 custom from the start. I definitely wouldnít be doing this if it was a 883.

Get Adobe Flash player

The bikes a 1200 custom from the start. I definitely wouldn’t be doing this if it was a 883.
    If it’s stock you’ve got a measly 50-ish HP at the rear wheel..... your going to need the Hammer Performance 1275 kit to move that pig.....

If itís stock youíve got a measly 50-ish HP at the rear wheel..... your going to need the Hammer Performance 1275 kit to move that pig.....
    Yep its stock, i gotta see if i can even ride it first before i dump money into the motor. Plus i gotta save a little for spider webs and skeleton bones.

Get Adobe Flash player

Don't forget to use some re-bar to go along with those spider webs.

Get Adobe Flash player

The fat tire/mid glide kit/stock front end 1200S Sporty I bought to flip is fairly comfortable for a Sportster. It doesn't flick as easily as stock but ya get used to pushing more to steer.

I like wide handlebars that place your hands naturally for countersteering. Apehanger ergonomics suit my height (and bad back) but everyone's body is different. Your bars should work well.

Unless you’ve already done it, you gonna need this, that’s if there’s any $$ left over after spiderwebs and Stereo.
    I'd wait to ride it first. Depending on how much cash he spent it might pay to flip if he's underwhelmed by the results, but it would need to be exceptionally sexy to turn a profit. Sporties in some areas are selling higher than I'd expect.

If it's a keeper, then spend on the ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    I like wide handlebars that place your hands naturally for countersteering. Apehanger ergonomics suit my height (and bad back) but everyone's body is different. Your bars should work well.
    These will be my first set of apes. I went with Nash gimps 14inch with 1.5 Harley risers. I'm pretty damn short like 5'5.. 5'6 on a good day. I went back and forth between 12 and 14. sitting on the bike with no seat and they seem up there, but I should get used to it

Get Adobe Flash player

Some years back I got used to fuckin an ugly fat girl so anythings possible. Those 2 machines in your shop will cure any offset problems you have.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Some years back I got used to fuckin an ugly fat girl

Fun ain't it!!!!!!!! LOL

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    Fun ain't it!!!!!!!! LOL
    You know, I figured an ugly fat bitch would be glad somebody paid attention to her and maybe treat me right. WRONG! Fat chix are just like all the rest of 'em,buy 'em 1 fuckin donut and they want the whole box.

Get Adobe Flash player

I did a fat chick, a tall one, broke out the step ladder and climed up that ass and giter done

Here's a sportster nightster built back in 2007ish by lockjaw cycles with a bros mfg wide tire kit. I think this looks great. Very similar direction I plan to go.

Last edited by mattymuch; 07-28-2018 at 3:59 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hmmmm 37hp, “upgraded” rear suspension to struts, retarded handlebars and a goofy ass giant tire. Must be a dream to ride! Oh....these bikes don’t get ridden my bad.....

Hmmmm 37hp, “upgraded” rear suspension to struts, retarded handlebars and a goofy ass giant tire. Must be a dream to ride! Oh....these bikes don’t get ridden my bad.....
    To each there own.

Get Adobe Flash player

To each there own.
    Yeah yeah I know but there is a meaning deep within my caustic replies......

Share This