Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZukiDuki
    • May 2018

Suzuki carb help!

Hey all, so I’m building an ‘81 Suzuki gs450T, just got home from school for the summer and am anxious to get some things done so she’ll run again. First thing being cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. However it seems impossible to find any carb kits or even just the gasket, which is the main thing I’m needing, that are listed as compatible with that particular year and model of bike. Have any of you worked with this bike or know of what will work with it? Thanks a million for any help!
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by ZukiDuki
    Hey all, so I’m building an ‘81 Suzuki gs450T, First thing being cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. However it seems impossible to find any carb kits or even just the gasket, which is the main thing I’m needing, that are listed as compatible with that particular year and model of bike. Have any of you worked with this bike or know of what will work with it? Thanks a million for any help!
    That was way easy, (depending on the make and type of carb)
    Seems like this has been asked here before; 2013 Thread: 81 Suzuki GS450 carburetor stuff
    gs650 replied, "bikebandit is the only place I could find the intake boots. CycleOrings.com should have the rest." http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14737

Suzuki GS450 Carb Kits, Parts & Accessories

Are ya' gonna bob it or chop it? See some other links here:

Suzuki GS450 bobber build - ChopCult
    Hi Guys, I recently picked up a 1985 GS450, after moving to the wild, cold north of Minnesota (Bikes are cheap up here! You southerners looking for a deal, come on up!). I had planned on selling it to some friends back in Indiana who had wanted to start riding, but being broke college students, they decided to save their

Let's see some GS's - ChopCult
    I've noticed that there's cb/xs/kz but no love for the suzy-q's. I was wondering if there were any owner's out there wanting to show off these beauties.

first bobber build...with a gs450... - ChopCult
    I picked up a 1980 gs450 ran and rode great...so clearly the only thing to do is to chop it up. so now my frame is completely stripped down and chopped. I got a universal hardtail kit for tc bros but having a bit of a issue figuring out how long the tubes should be. I want it low and stretched out a bit. stock wheel base is

1980 gs450 rat bobber. - ChopCult
    Here is the complete build up of my bike so far I've been working on it off and on for about a year off and on but mostly beating the snot out of it.Stay posted for updates. I got this bike from my cousin and it had already had some work done to it but corners were cut and I had to redo some stuff and while I was at it

This series of 6 threads shows chop shop techniques and ideas to bob out a ratty 1980 gs 400
    1980 gs400 Bobber

Good luck with your build.
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Luky
      • May 2018

Hey all, so I’m building an ‘81 Suzuki gs450T, just got home from school for the summer and am anxious to get some things done so she’ll run again. First thing being cleaning and rebuilding the carbs. However it seems impossible to find any carb kits or even just the gasket, which is the main thing I’m needing, that are listed as compatible with that particular year and model of bike. Have any of you worked with this bike or know of what will work with it? Thanks a million for any help!
      You do not need a kit. Motorcycles are not like cars. You need to talk to an experienced motorcycle mechanic.
      Just get a new float needle and you will be 90% good. There were rubber tipped needles and metal needles. Both can develop problems.
      I have to go now so I do not have enough time to go through everything for you. Don

Try this... https://www.google.com/search?source....0.jsTI33qy7Ik
      Last edited by Luky; 05-31-2018, 1:16 PM.

Comment

• Luky
        • May 2018

Motorcycle carbs are not like carbs for cars. The only gasket you will need for most motorcycle carbs is a rubber gasket for the float bowl. But if the original gasket is in tact do not change it unless it is leaking. Almost all motorcycle carbs need NEW float needles . The rubber tipped ones get out of round or a groove and can leak. The all metal float needles can get a groove worn into it and it will just look like a shiny ring but is actually a groove. Feel it with your finger nail.
        The early carbs had problems with slide needles getting worn on one side and then you could not adjust the idle even when all else was perfect. We are talking about 1969. When the First Honda CB750's were introduced.
        So the point is when you are on the internet use the correct words for your search. Words like float bowl O ring. or float bowl seal. Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Luky; 05-31-2018, 1:13 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;