CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Finally got a front tire on that I like. The 120 barely fits in the forks. Had a bit of a time getting it to seat on the 3" wide rim. Blew up a tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3281765ps.jpg   P3281767ps.jpg  

This sounds like it would have been a very cool build. Too bad the pictures are all missing. Any chance of getting them reloaded? Sure would like to see it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Apparently the board software deletes old pics. The way around this is offsite hosting, which is still vulnerable to deletion by the hosting company or to the goatfuckery Photobucket pulled for a while.

Get Adobe Flash player

I do not see any photos at all.??? I am logged in.

Bummer about the photos. I also got locked out of the account due to a job change. I will look for pix in old phones, hard drives, etc.
    In the meantime I stumbled on these very early photos of the bike from a french blog. I think he's making fun of it but that's cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DR.02.jpg   DR.00.jpg   DR.03.jpg  

more:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DR.05.jpg   DR.04.jpg   DR.06.jpg  

After a ton of changes over the years, this is where it's at. The only crappy photo I have. I am jazzed because after more than a decade, I finally got the jetting right as of last Sunday. The supermoto wheels may not be to everyone's taste, but they make it handle bitchin.
    In the pic I am mocking up a seat cowl. It will also be a fuel tank. I grow tired of carrying 2 gallons in a backpack just to go to Newcomb's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1053.jpg  

The reason I found the old blog pics is I was looking for something to photoshop, to see what the cowl would look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DR.01.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Too cool for school

Wow. Late to the party but damn that's cool. Seeing as it looks like you plan on making a tail tank, maybe you might want to make a new tank to match? The mockup pic looks like the tail is a little taller and the actual tank could be a bit taller as well to match the lines, which would help give you maybe an extra 1/4 gallon or so at least.

Bob

"...new tank..."
    Probably makes sense, and I thought about it, but I'm fairly emotionally attached to the BSA tank, plus it was striped by Bill Marigold.
    A full tank is a little beyond me anyway. A tail is (relatively) easy. See, I've already done the shell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1077.jpg  

Found some old photos. This one shows the frame paint and exhaust nicely. This shows the vintage mag wheel I ran briefly. It kept eating wheel bearings so I gave up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3281765.jpg  

As someone who's been down a few times, tanks get dented. If that tank is important to you, it shouldn't be on the bike imo. I get it though. I have some fishing rods that have more sentimental value than actual value and I don't own stuff that I hang on the wall and never use. So it's a balancing act for sure.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by squarefour2 View Post
    ... but I'm fairly emotionally attached to the BSA tank,...
    TBH I really like the look of the tank on the bike.

Share This