CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Boylecomm View Post
    I got those breathers from a little company out of Carlsbad, Ca called Bench*Mark.
    Watch out though I hear those dudes can be moody as Hell & might even try to touch you where your bathing suit covers?

http://benchmark.bigcartel.com
    Those breathers are great. Do you have a date for when they'll be back in stock?

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Moto.

I'm sure lowbrow can help you out I believe they have some in stock.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com

I picked up a couple hundred yesterday and we'll get them machined early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorradfahrer View Post
    Those breathers are great. Do you have a date for when they'll be back in stock?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Boylecomm View Post
    Thanks Moto.

I'm sure lowbrow can help you out I believe they have some in stock.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com

I picked up a couple hundred yesterday and we'll get them machined early next week.
    Lowbrow's sold out.

I'll order them directly from you when I see them back up on the Bench*Mark site.

Get Adobe Flash player

You're killing it, bro. This calls for another ride to your neck of the woods to check this thing in person.

Get Adobe Flash player

You know your welcome anytime.
    Come back down on Wednesday we'll do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by WOMPY View Post
    You're killing it, bro. This calls for another ride to your neck of the woods to check this thing in person.

Get Adobe Flash player

Is the License plate mount going to be available through Bench*Mark soon? If not... Can you make me one??? Thanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

I started messing around with pipes yesterday.
    I bought a couple of these unfinished megaphones at the El Camino swap meet two years ago for $8.00. I was thinking that they might make an easy ,fun pipe/pipes. I was mistaken, it took most of the afternoon and evening welding the seam and making it round again. I'm not even sure if I'm going to use it?
    I guess I'm kind of feeling it? We'll see how it plays out? Maybe squish it oval?

Behind Bars: No plans on a plate mount. Did you need one for an EVO sporty? Email or PM me.

[IMG]pipe_1[/IMG]

Get Adobe Flash player

I spent a good portion of today ovalizing the last foot or so of the megaphone & making the weld seam between the straight pipe and megaphone look presentable. I used two slip joints from a Biltwell pipe kit, cut them down and welded them together to make the ring/doughnut looking bit. Then I slipped the megaphone in one side and the straight pipe in the other, welded it up and got out the files.
    Since everything is on the short side I'm going to use a baffle out of one one of my old Pro Circuit race pipes and come up with some sort of end cap. I suppose then I'll start on the rear cylinder pipe. After that a much needed heat shield.

I'm going to try and make it all on piece but I'm pretty sure that'll make removal impossible but we'll see.

[IMG]sportypipe_1[/IMG]

[IMG]sportypipe_3[/IMG]

[IMG]sportypipe_2[/IMG]

I dig those pipes!! That's pretty similar to what I was going to put on mine next. Just hope mine look as clean as yours do!

Get Adobe Flash player

Jesus H, man! You're attention to detail is insane. That "donut" joint is the kinda detail that makes it for me. Makes me re-think everything I'm doing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Polishing

The bike is looking real good mang...

Getting some great ideas for modding my 01 1200c.

Question for you regarding the level of polishing you did on the legs and trees. What did you use to get that level of mirroring? I have been working with the techniques on the link you shot out, using nylon cup brushes, nevr-dull, flap/scotchbrite pad... Just can't seem to get the level you have obtained. Any pointers you could throw my way?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah I don't think I ever posted a polish how to? The drill tech post was more of a how to on dull/clean up finishing.
    I have noticed in the sets of trees and legs I've done that the trees polish up a lot easier and nicer than the legs.
    We do have a pretty decent polishing set up these days, one being a 6" polishing motor that I use exclusively for the stitched (cutting) polishing wheel using Black(emery) compound and the other is a giant 3hp baldor motor that uses the fluff wheel the only gets used for white compound (finish)polishing. A bench grinder will do just fine but the wheels and compounds are important as is not mixing the two on the wheels. depending on what shape your parts are in you can usually polish out the trees with no sanding but the legs require quite a bit. starting with 400grit and working to 1200. Also you HAVE to wet sand or the sand paper will just continue to leave scratches. I wet sand with Never Dull which seems to help a bit. If you have access to a lathe, chucking up the legs will speed up the sanding process a lot.
    Start polishing with the black compound & stitch wheel. You'll be able to remove a lot of imperfections with this as well. Be sure to wipe all the black residue off before switching to the puff wheel and white compound. The white will bring up the mirror shine. You may have to repeat the polishing procedure and maybe some more sanding a few times to get where you want to be.

"I have been working with the techniques on the link you shot out, using nylon cup brushes, nevr-dull, flap/scotchbrite pad... Just can't seem to get the level you have obtained."

Get Adobe Flash player

Weekend progress: Not much to look at but a lot got done. Matt (The Olde Pro) went through the stock wiring harness & pulled every unnecessary wire, made everything nice, tidy, ready for rewire & heat shrink.
    I successfully pulled off a one piece 2 into1, no slip joints just bolt up and go. none of us were sure it would be possible. I also made a good start on the stainless heat shield and I'm stoked on it so far, photos to follow.

[IMG]op_wiring[/IMG]

[IMG]wiring[/IMG]

[IMG]pipe-fin[/IMG]

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Polish!

Thanks for the tip on polishing! I am stoked on the mirroring I got with my homemade lathe (drill & vice).

Question, what brand tire are you running in back?

Ah, nevermind... it's a Shinko right?
    Last edited by DaddyChop; 08-17-2010 at 9:33 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

The exhaust turned out great. Is this your Slab City muel?

Get Adobe Flash player

It is a shinko DC

Thanks Mike. I hope when the heat shield and end cap/baffle are done I still like it. Slab city is the goal.

Get Adobe Flash player

That exhaust is sexy as hell Kim! The front brake cable guide is kinda nice too

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Updates?

Dude, don't leave us hanging!
    You got any updates to the scoot?

And another question for you... how do you plan on mounting your back fender? I just cut down a stock fender and and contemplating how I am going to mount it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry for the the wait but last week was an odd & kind of unproductive week.
    However finishing this pipe the way I imagined it took a lot longer than I thought.
    I wanted a somewhat small heat shield, an end cap that was angled away from the shock & attached internal baffle. Everything is made of stainless that was laying around the shop which is partially why it took a while, the other reason is that yesterday we actually went a rode motorcycles instead of working on them. Stainless steel is my current favorite metal to work with but it is a hard metal and takes time to make it look the way I like. I'm pretty stoked on the finished pipe set up. The finished product will be ceramic coated black and I'll make sure all the Stainless shines bright.
    The rear fender is next and I have 3 or 4 ideas on mounting, none of them completely original but I'll do my best to document the route that ends up working.

[IMG]pipe_1[/IMG]

[IMG]pipe_2[/IMG]

[IMG]pipe_4[/IMG]

[IMG]pipe_3[/IMG]

rusjack

that exhaust pipe is beautiful now

Share This