CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default In need of a clutch hub/drum for a tapered shaft 5 speed

Was putting my bike back together and snapped off a bolt in my clutch hub, with on shop press and some frustration i managed to bend some stuff and break some cast aluminium . I essentially need V-Twin Manufacturing part #18-0134. Everything except the main clutch hub and that snapped bolt is still good so if someone just has the hub... bolts are cheap. Or maybe someone can find just the whole clutch hub and/or drum and not and entire kit, the best i can come up is with an entire kit. Please dont tell me to convert to splined shaft, i am content with my taper.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get the aftermarket hub with the steel center and towers, not another stock piece of shit. I have one of these and they are a much better part.

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/630...win-clutch-hub

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used complete clutch off Ebay either if seller has good feedback, but then you'd still have the delicate abomination that is the stock soft hub.
    Last edited by farmall; 03-31-2018 at 6:45 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

The problem with that is i essentially need 12, 11, 13, 6, 4, and 5. I might be able to get some of those parts off the old broken assembly, otherwise i need all of the big stuff. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6300230_B.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	82891

Get Adobe Flash player

Another item that adds a bit more beef to a super weak area are these .....

http://www.vtwinmfg.com/Instructions/18/18-8240.pdf

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Reble View Post
    The problem with that is i essentially need 12, 11, 13, 6, 4, and 5. I might be able to get some of those parts off the old broken assembly, otherwise i need all of the big stuff.
    Problem with what? Read what I wrote:

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used complete clutch off Ebay
    You can use the soft hub if you must because they don't usually break on installation if done per factory service manual. Don't overtorque da bolts on those soft towers lest ye strippee threads. If you do, you could Helli-Coil 'em. If you snap it or it splits in the future you could replace with the better hub, and the rings Dragstews posted help keep the tapered center of the stock hub from cracking.

This ain't mine but you could see how high they bid it. Remember it doesn't have to be an "FXR" clutch, just a tapered shaft clutch as shown:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davi...NatIhw&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by farmall; 04-01-2018 at 7:15 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

When i said "problem" i was referring to the jp link. I think i snapped the bolt because there was old thread locker or debris of some kind and in my eagerness to get it all installed id did not clean the threads in the hub. I guess i will either keep an eye out on ebay or eventually just buy the kit.

Share This