CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Need help with chopper tire

Hey guys does anyone have a line on a 2.50X17 inch ribbed tire for an old chopper? It is for the front and is going on a 17 inch invader rim with mini hub brake. I have googled it to no end! Man I can't find one, any help would be greatly appreciated

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Cjanick View Post
    Hey guys does anyone have a line on a 2.50X17 inch ribbed tire for an old chopper? It is for the front and is going on a 17 inch invader rim with mini hub brake. I have googled it to no end! Man I can't find one, any help would be greatly appreciated

It looks like they do make them.... Several of them... You must have not looked very hard...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-23-2018 at 6:07 AM.

Yes I just restored a 1974 iron head chopper with a GME soft tail and GME girder front end running a 17 inch invader. I want it to look original. It has a ribbed 2.50x17 on it but it's 46 years old.

Get Adobe Flash player

Coker has a Firestone 2.50 X 17"

Get Adobe Flash player

My buddy has a 17" spool on his 750 Santee swingarm frame with a +20" springer, so I've looked before; Here are a few options:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hf301-front-tire.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	82701
    Duro HF301 Front Tire
    Item # : 541920
    2.50x17, $32.99 (Can)
    https://fortnine.ca/en/duro-hf301-front-tire

Maxxis 2.50x17 (38L) C-RIB Front Tyre
    Product Code: 609405

Name:	c-rib_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	82702
    https://www.mandp.co.uk/2-50x17-38l-c-rib.html

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	82703
    DEMAK SMART MTX110 MTX 110 FRONT TYRE & TUBE 2.50x17 38L 2.50-17 250-17 CST
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEMAK-SMART...-/181968072576

Avon Speedmaster MkII, Classic ribbed front tyre
    Speed rated to 112 mph/180kmh
    http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/speedmaster-mkii
    Speedmaster MkII (front) 3.25-17 TT 50S
    from: http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/...p?topic=1126.0

That is exactly what I need! I saw them on eBay before but for some reason there all in the UK? Oh well I'm gonna order one and have it
    Thanks a Lot
    I appreciate your help

Get Adobe Flash player

That is exactly what I need! I saw them on eBay before but for some reason there all in the UK? Oh well I'm gonna order one and have it
    Thanks a Lot
    I appreciate your help
    I thought you said they didn't make them...

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks a Lot
    I appreciate your help
    No, the first one is from Canada...

Duro HF301 Front Tire
    Item # : 541920
    2.50x17, $32.99 (Can)
    https://fortnine.ca/en/duro-hf301-front-tire

Well it turns out Duro will not sell that tire in the USA. I talked to rep from Duro. But I found a guy in Cedar rapids who had some old Shinko SR601 tires. They don't make em anymore
    The Canada guys wouldn't mail to USA.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well it turns out Duro will not sell that tire in the USA. I talked to rep from Duro. But I found a guy in Cedar rapids who had some old Shinko SR601 tires. They don't make em anymore
    Hell it took 10 seconds there are two on ebay right now in America.... For less than $50.00 ea shipped.... You need to expand your search....

Made in 2002. Check the number after the DOT. I bought one from Cedar Rapids tire for 35. But thanks for your help

Get Adobe Flash player

Made in 2002. Check the number after the DOT. I bought one from Cedar Rapids tire for 35. But thanks for your help
    What does made in 2002 matter?? I thought you were looking for a tire for your bike... WTF

Well at least your not a dick. And your knowledge of old rubber and the aging process is astonishing. Hey maybe you should buy the 46 year old tires on my scoot after I replace them and you can fuck your self with them. Like the sticker says "Don't be a dick" DICK..

Get Adobe Flash player

Amazing, a Canadian company that just ships in Canada...Just be aware that the Shinko SR601 is L-rated to a maximum speed of 75 MPH...along with most other tires of that size...which is why I included the Avon Speedmaster MKII, 3.25x17, as it is S rated for 112MPH, and it is available at British Cycle Supply (shops in NS, Canada and US in Limestone,ME): http://www.britcycle.com/Products/555/555_series.htm

Dude can you type with out being a dick? Is it that hard for you? And I get mail order parts from All over the world so yes I do think it's a bit odd that a Canadian company won't ship to USA. I did see the Avon but it was a 3.25 so I was a bit hesitant. I am familiar with British Cycle Supply use them for my Commando. So it's done I ordered it and it is what it is. But I went back and reread all theses post and others you write, you have got to RELAX, chill out, take easy and lighten up. My god man it's a fucking internet chat board enough with the attitude.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Amazing, a Canadian company that just ships in Canada...Just be aware that the Shinko SR601 is L-rated to a maximum speed of 75 MPH...along with most other tires of that size...which is why I included the Avon Speedmaster MKII, 3.25x17, as it is S rated for 112MPH, and it is available at British Cycle Supply (shops in NS, Canada and US in Limestone,ME): http://www.britcycle.com/Products/555/555_series.htm

I'm sure the problem was he copped an attitude like he has here and they refused to sell him one... I'll never help him again....

Cj, I'm not afraid to ride a 40 year old tire.... I have one on a bike I ride right now...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-24-2018 at 7:05 AM.

Every thread in the beginning I said thank you and treated you with respect. And every response you gave started with some smart ass attitude. Respect is given to those that deserve. Go ride your 40 year old tire and stay off the computer. And remember "Don't be a dick"

Get Adobe Flash player

Every thread in the beginning I said thank you and treated you with respect. And every response you gave started with some smart ass attitude. Respect is given to those that deserve. Go ride your 40 year old tire and stay off the computer. And remember "Don't be a dick"

LOL You started the thread with { I have googled it to no end! Man I can't find one, any help would be greatly appreciated } But they are everywhere.. So how hard did you really look??? It took me 10 seconds to find one....

Yes I will and do ride my bike with the 40 year old tire on it... It's a better made tire than the China crap they make today... They won't be around 40 years from now because of the cheap materials in them...

Not being a Dick at all.... I just don't understand why people want other people to do the work for them...

Well that's a little better. The bike does have an original Goodyear Speedgrip MT90 16 on the back that looks new And a Inoge (IRC) on the front. They sat unused on scoot for 42 years. Hell they might fine I just thought something a little newer might be softer. But yes the new stuff is all crap. I tried to upload a photo to show you but my computer skills ain't all that. I clicked the icon for photo then selected one from my gallery and it just sits there. I will keep trying it's a pretty crazy looking beast

Get Adobe Flash player

Well that's a little better. The bike does have an original Goodyear Speedgrip MT90 16 on the back that looks new And a Inoge (IRC) on the front. They sat unused on scoot for 42 years. Hell they might fine I just thought something a little newer might be softer. But yes the new stuff is all crap. I tried to upload a photo to show you but my computer skills ain't all that. I clicked the icon for photo then selected one from my gallery and it just sits there. I will keep trying it's a pretty crazy looking beast

You have to click upload now also...

Share This