CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1

    Default anyone know were i can get one our holding a broken knucklehead

    I was wondering if anyone knows were i can buy a seized our broken knuckle head motor.
    Last edited by coleman223; 02-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coleman223 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows were i can buy a seized our broken knuckle head motor.
    LOL I hope you still have some DEEP pockets.. I'm sure you know what busted junk 10 years ago is selling for today...

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    LOL I hope you still have some DEEP pockets.. I'm sure you know what busted junk 10 years ago is selling for today...
    Local Indy has one with paper, 1947 I think, he said he wants 20 thousand dollars. Too steep for me. I bet he'd negotiate but that is high.

    A broken knucklehead would be almost 10 grand I would figure. If, big if, there was a matching title.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsoftail View Post
    Local Indy has one with paper, 1947 I think, he said he wants 20 thousand dollars. Too steep for me. I bet he'd negotiate but that is high.
    That's around the going price for a real nice late model motor with paper work..

    It's very expensive to put a Knuck motor together hunting parts...

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    That's around the going price for a real nice late model motor with paper work..

    It's very expensive to put a Knuck motor together hunting parts...
    1941 Harley-Davidson Knucklehead - $8500

    Posted 7 days ago
    Click image for larger version. Name: 00B0B_3kpgR20KC9X_600x450.jpg Views: 0 Size: 47.5 KB ID: 81494
    1941 motor and transmission
    -1947 bull neck original frame
    -1947 offset original harley springer
    - 74 cubic inch motor
    -original inner and outer primary
    https://kalispell.craigslist.org/mcy...475705847.html

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    1941 Harley-Davidson Knucklehead - $8500

    Posted 7 days ago
    Click image for larger version. Name: 00B0B_3kpgR20KC9X_600x450.jpg Views: 0 Size: 47.5 KB ID: 81494
    1941 motor and transmission
    -1947 bull neck original frame
    -1947 offset original harley springer
    - 74 cubic inch motor
    -original inner and outer primary
    https://kalispell.craigslist.org/mcy...475705847.html

    That link is no good...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Spokane WA CL///// SCAM

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flatman View Post
    Spokane WA CL///// SCAM
    That was my first thought, It's at least $10,000 to cheap... It makes you wonder how much money he made off of that picture????

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    That was my first thought, It's at least $10,000 to cheap... It makes you wonder how much money he made off of that picture????
    That same ad was up in dallas last week too.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Cheap Knucks ain't happening except by accident. If it's gonna be a chopper there's no point in an original engine unless you score one under favorable circumstances. If I did a Knuck-style chop I'd get this instead

    https://www.sscycle.com/products/kn9...ed-ohv-engine/

    because tech and metallurgy and machining and casting and forging have come a long way since last century, and S&S arguably have more providence in the performance world than Harley. Horsepower is nice too.

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in