CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default What Not to do to your Triumph, from Street Chopper (2010)

This is an interesting article with chopper building basics, and photos of what not to do - can you spot the "what not"?

What Not to do on Your Trump

Lack Of Planning Leads To Messy Motorcycles:
    The 10 Stupidest things you can do when building your bike

There are a lot of things to think about when putting a bike together from a pile of pieces or even a roller-type project. Chances are part of the reason the guy you got it from abandoned it is because he just could not make it work for one reason or another, whether that be money, time, etc. If he did not spend the time and money to get it right, then you will have to make up for his neglect with your own time and money. It is important to get as much trouble-free mileage out of your bike as possible. So plan, plan, and then plan some more.

See the full article here: https://www.streetchopperweb.com/gol...rt-two#page-22

Get Adobe Flash player

Good find, I had to battle all of those issues building mine haha.

Get Adobe Flash player

There ought to be a Hall of Shame sticky for shitty work and bad ideas. It should not be in the Junk Pile.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by beerslave View Post
    Good find, I had to battle all of those issues building mine haha.
    He didnt mention misaligned crankcases, everything worn to shit, oil bubbling out of head studs, oil pissing out of every possible and impossible place, multiple head changes, crank replacements, plus the bike spitting out basically everything but the bare minimum of components, otherwise i did almost everything on the list.

Get Adobe Flash player

Still have to deal with #2,5 & 7 on my basket case project! Hoping I don't have to deal with datadavid's issues...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LoudPipesSaveLives View Post
    Still have to deal with #2,5 & 7 on my basket case project! Hoping I don't have to deal with datadavid's issues...
    It can be seen as a really expensive bike to repair, i choose to see it as really cheap mechanics education. Great if you want to learn and have the spare time and money, sucks if you wanna ride more than the few miles between each crap out! This time around its behaving real good though..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    It can be seen as a really expensive bike to repair, i choose to see it as really cheap mechanics education. Great if you want to learn and have the spare time and money, sucks if you wanna ride more than the few miles between each crap out! This time around its behaving real good though..
    LoL, great outlook. I'm in the same camp.

Never planned a bike build in my life...for me, i build it as I want to see it, and if later down the road I decide I don't like a feature I will just change it, custom bikes to me just evolve with every build/rebuild.

Share This