CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    DIngoXL1200

Default The Horse BC History

Does anyone know why Issue #1 of The Horse Backstreet Choppers is labeled #165 ?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

last issue of Iron Horse was 165

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

David Snow and company walked out on IH management after running the best biker magazine out there. If you go to "the seedy x bar and grill" website ( pretty much dead now , Genghis moved to Facebook ) you will find two sections "biker subculture " or "going the distance ". Under one of them is "the history of Iron Horse" written by David Snow ( Editor). That gives you the whole backstory ( very interesting).
    Ralph took it over around issue #158 and started to deal with the same assholes Snow did ( he wrote all about these issues while editor of The Horse). Eventually he lost the rights to the name I.H. And "the Horse Backstreet choppers" began to wave the chopper flag.
    Personally,under Ralph's editing it wasn't too bad , different and not the same powerhouse as I.H. Under Snow. Once "Englishman" took over it slowly slipped downhill and has gone into the basement quite some time ago.
    I think "E-Man" is a good soldier but not a leader for the chopper world. Genghis is right when he wrote ( paraphrasing here) "the horse is a good technical magazine but not one that is a magazine for "bikers". Meaning it ignores the subculture.
    IH under Snow and Phouts was king and took up where " Easyriders " left off after they went the "billet barge route.

Share This