Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10scDust
    • Jan 2018

This story goes back about 40 years when I lived in Ohio and new into Harley's.
    Out with another couple, my friends bike fouled a plug, being kick start, it was wearing him thin.
    It finally started and he revved it some to make sure it would keep running.
    We were in a strip mall parking lot that happened to be on the the border of Cleveland and Parma Heights.
    Little did we know, the Parma cops were watching us, and we had to go through their burg to get home.
    Pulling in and turning down the road we needed, they immediately pulled us over and checked us out.
    Now I did not know much about Lance's bike, but it was put together from many bikes and years and he had to carry a handful of papers for it.
    When all of a sudden, out comes a knife in the cop's hand and he sticks it into the bondo Lance had filled into the neck, looking for a serial number.
    Lance got upset, telling him just look at the wishbone frame, and round swing arm, NO serial number on the vintage frame!
    We were held up over an hour by this motorcycle cop and the stand-by cruisers that were there.
    We were all legal.

The lesson here was that there could be a number there, on the frame neck, and the cop was going to find it.
    He did not know to look at vintage clues.
    Had a late model Shovelhead engine in it.
    I think the cop was getting jollies over it all, and maybe the bondo was a bad idea.

Be careful if no numbers on that frame.

Comment

• Hubbard
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by 10scDust
      This story goes back about 40 years when I lived in Ohio and new into Harley's.
      Out with another couple, my friends bike fouled a plug, being kick start, it was wearing him thin.
      It finally started and he revved it some to make sure it would keep running.
      We were in a strip mall parking lot that happened to be on the the border of Cleveland and Parma Heights.
      Little did we know, the Parma cops were watching us, and we had to go through their burg to get home.
      Pulling in and turning down the road we needed, they immediately pulled us over and checked us out.
      Now I did not know much about Lance's bike, but it was put together from many bikes and years and he had to carry a handful of papers for it.
      When all of a sudden, out comes a knife in the cop's hand and he sticks it into the bondo Lance had filled into the neck, looking for a serial number.
      Lance got upset, telling him just look at the wishbone frame, and round swing arm, NO serial number on the vintage frame!
      We were held up over an hour by this motorcycle cop and the stand-by cruisers that were there.
      We were all legal.

The lesson here was that there could be a number there, on the frame neck, and the cop was going to find it.
      He did not know to look at vintage clues.
      Had a late model Shovelhead engine in it.
      I think the cop was getting jollies over it all, and maybe the bondo was a bad idea.

Be careful if no numbers on that frame.
      you better believe that cocksucker cop was gettin his pink panties wet. Barneys don't get aroused at women, just people that can build something with their hands besides empty donut bags.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;