X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xMPRx
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by farmall
    I like that jig!

If you want more you could turn off a cap flange, bore the center then turn a dual-diameter slug (and bevel the bottom end for welding) with a flange on the top. Press fit + TIG would make it effectively one piece. There would be plenty of room to repeat your socket head trick flush with the top, and if you like you could use a much larger OD socket head then drill and tap that for a fill plug (pulling fork caps to add fluid sucks).

Since you now have the jig ya might offer to machine triple clamps for others. Given current machine shop rates a hundred bucks-ish plus postage per set would undercut most machine shops (who often get that or more an hour) and be fair IMO.
    Good ideas! I just recently packed my entire machine shop into a 10x30 storage unit as my house just sold, so everything is on hold, but in 2 weeks i get off this tug boat and start looking for the new shop space, the healthy profits I just made are allowing me to throw about 60k into upgrading my machines so yes with a DRO on my new bridgeport and 2.0 version of the fixture $100 would be easy profit. the slowest part is having to sweep indicate every time.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

If you build shop space, High Cube 40-foot or longer containers with doors on each end (in one-trip condition they go about five grand each, well worth it) are a quick way to add weatherproof modules suitable for machine tools without pouring a slab. They only need support under the corner fittings as I'm sure you're aware from working a tug.

Steelmaster-style building kit companies offer roofing systems/building kits which integrate containers. Check Sea Box and other industrial/military container shop suppliers for some sexy shop inspiration. If your shop fit in 20x30 storage it should expand into two containers which are easy to join (temp or permanently( side-by side. You can hang shelving/racking etc from the interior tiedown loops.

They are very easy to work with.

Comment

• keithnh
        • Nov 2012

xMPRx .. still there? Was wondering if you got setup to do this? Trying to find right set of 39mm trees to modify to new 41mm dual disk forks I just bought. Want 1" stem and will use factory dual disk brake parts, front fender, headlight, fork lock and lower tree cover. Do you have any sets that might fit that bill you could modify?

Comment

• xMPRx
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by keithnh
          xMPRx .. still there? Was wondering if you got setup to do this? Trying to find right set of 39mm trees to modify to new 41mm dual disk forks I just bought. Want 1" stem and will use factory dual disk brake parts, front fender, headlight, fork lock and lower tree cover. Do you have any sets that might fit that bill you could modify?

Ya man I can get this done for you. I dont have a set but ill keep my eyes open. get ahold of me on instagram if you have it @robertsusamade Im off shore on a ship and thats the best way to contact.

thanks,
          matt

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;