CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ordered just a plain Jane sissybar for my sportster on March 6th. Haven’t got anything but excuses. Asked for refund over two weeks ago and he said give me your phone number and I’ll call you. He never called. I’m going to start the PayPal dispute process.

Check this dude out. He's local, in Whittier, CA.

Way fucking cheaper than Kicker Parts too and his shit is good.

https://www.instagram.com/skooter_punks/?hl=en

If you're in SoCal, he'll be at the LB Swap tomorrow. So will I.

I actually considered ordering from the KP dude just 'cause he's always popping up on my IG feed but I thought he was way overpriced. Trip out to see that he's not delivering to his paid up customers. You'd think he'd be busier filling orders than posting on IG.
    Last edited by peglegpeete; 05-26-2018 at 5:33 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by peglegpeete View Post
    Check this dude out. He's local, in Whittier, CA.

Way fucking cheaper than Kicker Parts too and his shit is good.

https://www.instagram.com/skooter_punks/?hl=en
    I’ll second Skooter Punks. Got a sissy bar from him a few years ago for the sporty. I got just the bar so no experience with his mounts but the bar was symmetrical and holes tapped straight. Mounted right up to my stock mounts. Looks good. And I don’t remember waiting hardly any time at all.

Get Adobe Flash player

Been waiting for 4 fucking months now. Pretty terrible turn around time.

Get Adobe Flash player

i ordered one, took forever, had patience and it came. its raw steel, like 1/2 inch bar so its too thin imo. it was also made shorter than the one i originally requested. im still running and dont complain about it because im going to build a new one eventually anyways.

I ordered mine in the beginning of February, still waiting. I messaged them on instagram and got a response that said they’d be able to get to it june 18-29, after originally being told 30-45 days.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

I waited 4 months for mine.

It fits superbly well on my pan but it took so fucking long! being UK based doesn't help I appreciate but if I had the tools I'd make my own!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RRRR.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	85013

Get Adobe Flash player

Sounds like good 'ol Jimmy is Kicking His customers in their parts.

best advise, as farmall suggested is make your own. or find someone local so that you can kick their parts if they try and screw you.

Get Adobe Flash player

I was very happy with my bar from Jimmy. Yea, it took a while but the product is great.

Man i sure wish i would have read this thread before placing an order. I ordered on 4/8 and still waiting.
    I also ask for a refund after 5 weeks and was told ( sorry we only offer refunds with in the first 48 hours).

The latest is that they moved to a new shop location, 4 weeks ago i was told that it will ship out 7/16-7/27 as an ETA.

Get Adobe Flash player

Kinda bringing this back from the dead, I purchased my second bar from him about two years after I bought my first one. The first one arrived within about 45 days, not biggie. This second one is almost 70 business days from the order that was originally quoted 30 business days on. At this point, if I have to wait another week I will dispute the order through paypal and cancel. The last few messages I have sent don't get responded to anymore and there is always an excuse. I didn't want a cookie cutter sissy bar but that's looking like what will happen.

Get Adobe Flash player

Wondering if anyone has had issues with getting their sissy bar from this guy? I ordered mine 9/25/19 and still nothing to show for now over 4 months later.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by firstripholdmybeer View Post
    Wondering if anyone has had issues with getting their sissy bar from this guy? I ordered mine 9/25/19 and still nothing to show for now over 4 months later.
    I ordered a round fender brace from him a couple of weeks ago and I received it pretty quickly but then again it wasn't really a custom piece. I ordered it hoping it would fit my wassell fender but it was a little too narrow but after some manipulation I think it will work out.

Firsttripholdmybeer, Have you not read this thread????

]Sounds like a good excuse to get an oxy-acetylene/oxy-propane torch and permanently solve the sissy bar problem along with many others. A good outfit can last a couple of lifetimes.

Round bar is cheap enough to throw away (not that I'd waste good scrap) while learning to torch bend. If you make something you really like you can copy it in stainless.

Listen to farmall, I made my own oo stainless using map gas and hand bending around a pole in my basement. I did need to have the fender tabs tig welded as I canít tig.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06C117E7-8A24-46ED-BBCB-7CA57C251652.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	99981

Another viewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	970401D3-8A89-451B-BEDC-433CE633368D.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	99982

kamdjacaden

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbetty View Post
    This guy advertises on IG like mad for some pretty neat looking sissy bars.

Is this a shit list vendor? I just spoke to my second friend who said he's lost hope after months of waiting....

Has anyone ever actually paid reverse image search email checker port checker for and received a sissy bar from this dude?
    I've never specifically had a problem with kickerparts on IG, although I've considered a bayonet sissy bar from him a time or two.
    Last edited by kamdjacaden; 05-15-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I foolishly went back to him for another sissy bar, not learning my lesson clearly.

After 7 weeks of arguing my corner I managed to get a refund... I'm sure he's a good dude, but there is no place on this planet you can run a business like that and hope to make profit/keep a good customer base.

I got lucky and got a 60's chrome sissy and some pipes for my knuck from Cali. The quality shows that old is best.. and the pipes are so thick and well made.. not like your off the shelf modern day stuff!

tzienlee

plenty of people here in England more than able to make you a sissybar in days not months & no waiting for the post for a month on top just to get it,.... try Sumo at VINTAGECHOP, he makes great kit exactly as you want & you wont be left wanting, waiting or out of pocket..... https://www.facebook.com/SumoVintageChop/

Share This