CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Can anyone identify these wheels!

Anyone know what these are?
    I知 trying to get rid of them and I知 not even sure what to call em. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4967FB7-FE5A-4361-ABE0-83DAAC98891B.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	79897

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

They are late 80s early 90s wheels.... Good luck selling them... Buzz something... I'm sure someone will know the name of them as a friend had them on there bike...

Right on at least that’s something to go off. Im just trying to trade em for some spokes.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd just call them billet wheels. They are some gaudy midlife crisis shit fo' sho'. Maybe an Ebay seller has the same ones and knows the brand.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sometimes a clear photo of JUST the part you are trying to ID, then use Google chrome (Desktop, I have no clue on a crackberry)
    RIGHT click the image, will bring up a pop up window tool bar, drill down to "Search Google for this image" and then on the google page that opens select "Images" or "Shop for this item" and you should see similar images.
    This works really well for a couple reasons,, but it should take you to some websites or images hosted that can give you a clue.
    (Or........find some old catalogs from 1990s).

These wheels were a big deal back in the day, and popularity exploded when some TV shows introduced the public to CAD/CAM machining,, there was a couple shows that had the chopper builders designing some wheel and presto-chango it gets made,,

"Sum-biotch! Can you believe that Mabel?? That there hippy just made a new wheel!" Of course Asian copies flooded the market and now out of style except for isolated pockets of the US and most of Florida (Along with fat tires and other styles that passed their freshness date well over 10 years ago)

That same technique works REALLY well to spot scam ads on CL and other sites. Dogs, cars, trucks, motorcycles and god knows what else,, My wife was looking for a puppy and 80% of the ads are scams. Same deal I know a guy in Texas that recently sold a Triumph, within hours the pictures were all over the internet offering the bike in those pix for half the price. Loads of such ads out there, see it all the time. (Water mark your images or add a postcard or sign in the middle with something to ID you,,,
    "Hi,, I am Chuck in Racine Wisconsin and I want $xxxxxx, anything else is this image stolen & a scam"

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123 View Post
    Sometimes a clear photo of JUST the part you are trying to ID, then use Google chrome (Desktop, I have no clue on a crackberry)
    RIGHT click the image, will bring up a pop up window tool bar, drill down to "Search Google for this image" and then on the google page that opens select "Images" or "Shop for this item" and you should see similar images.
    This works really well for a couple reasons,, but it should take you to some websites or images hosted that can give you a clue.
    (Or........find some old catalogs from 1990s).

These wheels were a big deal back in the day, and popularity exploded when some TV shows introduced the public to CAD/CAM machining,, there was a couple shows that had the chopper builders designing some wheel and presto-chango it gets made,,

"Sum-biotch! Can you believe that Mabel?? That there hippy just made a new wheel!" Of course Asian copies flooded the market and now out of style except for isolated pockets of the US and most of Florida (Along with fat tires and other styles that passed their freshness date well over 10 years ago)

That same technique works REALLY well to spot scam ads on CL and other sites. Dogs, cars, trucks, motorcycles and god knows what else,, My wife was looking for a puppy and 80% of the ads are scams. Same deal I know a guy in Texas that recently sold a Triumph, within hours the pictures were all over the internet offering the bike in those pix for half the price. Loads of such ads out there, see it all the time. (Water mark your images or add a postcard or sign in the middle with something to ID you,,,
    "Hi,, I am Chuck in Racine Wisconsin and I want $xxxxxx, anything else is this image stolen & a scam"

Damn that痴 a great Idea I wouldn稚 have thought of that! I値l give it a try

Get Adobe Flash player

Pretty sure those are the Dog the Bounty Hunter signature series by MulletMoto.
    Unfortunately, without the matching fanny pack/fingerless gloves they originally came with, they are pretty much worth scrap weight.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tineye image search can also help if you've a good pic of just the item.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFxr View Post
    Pretty sure those are the Dog the Bounty Hunter signature series by MulletMoto.
    Unfortunately, without the matching fanny pack/fingerless gloves they originally came with, they are pretty much worth scrap weight.
    Hahahaha holy shit 😂

Share This