CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default How much is a bare jammer rigid frame with mso worth?

Im new to chopper building. Just trying to get a better idea of what to offer this guy for a jammer bare frame. He has the mso paperwork. Hes asking about $725. I was thinking of offering him $600 or so. I dont want to lowball him and insult him with a bad offer. I will try to upload the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00x0x_b018g9cIAze_600x450.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

And I cant figure out how to change this damn avatar.. Do I need a higher post count to do that? I know thats how it is on some forums

Get Adobe Flash player

Depends on your web browser and device but forum pages dont load right for me on a desk top, but go to
    Classifieds or other pages and you should see 2 tool bars. smaller one should have "My profile" click on that
    or second one is "Update my profile picture" Avatars are size limited so pick on thats smaller file size.
    I visit here on a desk top and have zero clue on a crackberry, I fruit or Dumfone.

After market chopper frames ebb and flow on price with many variables. Personally I hate the fat tire 2007 style
    and would not pay you one red cent for one. Also some of the other styles I dont like and i think price fluctuates
    depending on popularity a bit.

But prices for a bare frame seem to go up and down seasonally and there are times they get cheaper.
    Have yet to put my finger on exactly how and when. Jammer used to be a good name, I built some stuff using
    their products in the 1980s, cant speak for these days. Paughco seems to have its ups and downs, same with other
    brands. Krafttech for the last 5 years or so supposedly is consistently good but thats just what I hear from a
    lot of people who use their frames.

But frames like what you posted above you have to factor in shipping, whether its local or not shipping is a pain
    and somewhere someone had to deal with it. Some sellers on ebay offer free shipping so factor that in.
    Some seem to have a deal on shipping and undercut everyone elses prices. Typically a NEW frame with MSO
    goes for between $499.99 to $1500 is the average. depends on many issues such as rear axle included and
    bracketry, rake, etc etc..

But do a completed item search (Advanced) on feebay to get an idea,, that shows not what people ask, but what people
    paid. You might notice many ads are BIN but also have "Best offer" tab.

Here is one for $499 and free local pickup if willing to roll the dice,,,

See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Rigid...-/391443125924

The Product: A new Custom Chrome rigid chopper frame which was originally sold as a component to a Custom Chrome kit bike. Using the third picture as a reference, the inside measurement of the frame where the axle goes through is approximately 9 3/8 inches.

Research: We were unable to find this frame listed in our dealer catalogs or online. We believe this rigid frame was originally sold with the Custom Chrome 'Hellbound" kit bike since several of the frames we received through the Custom Chrome buyout had stickers which read "Hellbound". Unfortunately Custom Chrome will not provide technical support on this item since it is discontinued. We believe this frame was originally sold to be used with a RevTech motor and a 4-speed transmission. We believe Harley Davidson Panheads, Shovelheads and Evolution Big Twins will fit this frame, as well as RevTech motors. We are not sure if Twin Cam style motors will fit this frame. This frame appears to have a standard solid mount for 4-speed transmissions; however in some cases you may be able to use an aftermarket 5 or 6 speed transmission which mounts up the same as the standard 4-speed. Please review our notation below in regards to mocking up your drive train, wheels, etc. prior to receiving the manufacturer's bill of sale for this frame. Some of the frames were labeled with Custom Chrome part #650091, however we believe this part number was only used for tracking and inventory purposes since the frame was only sold through Custom Chrome as part of a kit bike, not separately. Please review our terms listed below prior to purchasing this item.

Layout of Pictures: The first four pictures show the frame from various angles. In the fifth picture you can see the serial number stamped into the frame. As you can see this is a professionally stamped serial number from Custom Chrome. Please note: We received several of these frames through the buyout therefore you probably will not receive the exact frame pictured, therefore the serial number may be different than pictured. You will receive a manufacturer's bill of sale which has the same serial number as the frame you receive. Please review our terms listed below in regards to receiving the certificate of origin for the frame.

Condition: This frame is new and in good shape aside from some scratches, rub marks and surface rust caused by this being stored in a warehouse for several years. The frame is not bent or damaged, it only has surface scuffs and rust. Several of the frames we received are still in the original packaging, while others are not since the boxes fell apart, therefore we can not guarantee you will receive the original box; however you will receive everything shown in the pictures.

Pricing: Unfortunately we can not provide an exact price for this frame since it was sold as part of a kit bike; however we believe this frame is worth about $1000.00.

Please Note: There are two options available to receive the manufacturer's bill of sale for this frame. If you choose to receive the manufacturer's bill of sale at the time you pick up the frame you CANNOT return the item. Once we put your name as the purchaser on the manufacturer's bill of sale the form is only good to you, it CANNOT be re-assigned. We will not make any exceptions to this policy. If you wish to take the frame and check if it will work with your drive train, wheels, etc. you have 14 days to determine this. If you determine the frame will work for your needs, you can come and get the form or we will send the manufacturer's bill of sale through traceable mail at your request. Please keep in mind if you damage or modify the frame within these 14 days you CANNOT return it. Minor scratches and scuffs caused by mocking up your drive train are acceptable; however significant damage is not. Please contact us if you need clarification on our pick-up and return policy.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you for the answer. I checked out ebay and a lot of the bare frames are setup with nice rake and stretch but theyre setup for wide rear tires which I dont want. I was thinking a 18 rear rim with a 150 70 tire. I want a 21 front rim.. Im just gonna buy 1.25 .122 erw tubing and build one from scratch. Its something Ive been thinking about for the past few years and as much as I want to just buy a frame, I dont see any that have what I want.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you have the resources to build your own, that is FAR more rewarding than buying a product off the shelf and bolting on. Props to you for doing so.

But a frame at $500-700 is not a bad deal considering time, materials, and money if its what you want. (plus paperwork). Dont think you have to buy the first thing you find either. The reason MOST of the cheaper frames on ebay are there is because IMHO,, not many people WANT the big gay rear tires. That was always a fashion thing and they dont ride well. A few weirdos in a time-space-continuum warp or simply out of touch with reality (I resemble that remark) hold onto old styles for perpetual time. I know a chick still driving a early 1980s Celica, looks like Stevie Nicks from that time period and her clothes, music and everything else is frozen in time from 1983. Gotta give credit for perseverance, Know lots of guys that way too.

But good deals DO come up, ebay, forums like here,, local swap meets. Rome was not built in a day and neither will be your chop. But many shops cranking out frames are back ordered on the more popular styles so thats why you dont see many advertising them in stock.

But 3 cheers for you if you build from scratch. Theres blue prints and many threads online for some cool layouts. Chopperhandbook is a good place to start.

**I have a NOS Santee for a Triumph from the late 70s or early 1980s thats going together, super cool frame, Has not seen the light of day before. Last year I picked up a Paughco Sporty chop frame and the problem with it is it sits too low with the rear axle plates and I gotta re-engineer it. It was a good deal, but factoring in having to redo a new frame price is a consideration.

Get Adobe Flash player

Know in advance how you will title your bike. No speculation. KNOW the rules for YOUR state.

Study your options. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123 View Post
    Depends on your web browser and device but forum pages dont load right for me on a desk top, but go to
    Classifieds or other pages and you should see 2 tool bars. smaller one should have "My profile" click on that
    or second one is "Update my profile picture" Avatars are size limited so pick on thats smaller file size.
    I visit here on a desk top and have zero clue on a crackberry, I fruit or Dumfone.

After market chopper frames ebb and flow on price with many variables. Personally I hate the fat tire 2007 style
    and would not pay you one red cent for one. Also some of the other styles I dont like and i think price fluctuates
    depending on popularity a bit.

But prices for a bare frame seem to go up and down seasonally and there are times they get cheaper.
    Have yet to put my finger on exactly how and when. Jammer used to be a good name, I built some stuff using
    their products in the 1980s, cant speak for these days. Paughco seems to have its ups and downs, same with other
    brands. Krafttech for the last 5 years or so supposedly is consistently good but thats just what I hear from a
    lot of people who use their frames.

But frames like what you posted above you have to factor in shipping, whether its local or not shipping is a pain
    and somewhere someone had to deal with it. Some sellers on ebay offer free shipping so factor that in.
    Some seem to have a deal on shipping and undercut everyone elses prices. Typically a NEW frame with MSO
    goes for between $499.99 to $1500 is the average. depends on many issues such as rear axle included and
    bracketry, rake, etc etc..

But do a completed item search (Advanced) on feebay to get an idea,, that shows not what people ask, but what people
    paid. You might notice many ads are BIN but also have "Best offer" tab.

Here is one for $499 and free local pickup if willing to roll the dice,,,

See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Rigid...-/391443125924

The Product: A new Custom Chrome rigid chopper frame which was originally sold as a component to a Custom Chrome kit bike. Using the third picture as a reference, the inside measurement of the frame where the axle goes through is approximately 9 3/8 inches.

Research: We were unable to find this frame listed in our dealer catalogs or online. We believe this rigid frame was originally sold with the Custom Chrome 'Hellbound" kit bike since several of the frames we received through the Custom Chrome buyout had stickers which read "Hellbound". Unfortunately Custom Chrome will not provide technical support on this item since it is discontinued. We believe this frame was originally sold to be used with a RevTech motor and a 4-speed transmission. We believe Harley Davidson Panheads, Shovelheads and Evolution Big Twins will fit this frame, as well as RevTech motors. We are not sure if Twin Cam style motors will fit this frame. This frame appears to have a standard solid mount for 4-speed transmissions; however in some cases you may be able to use an aftermarket 5 or 6 speed transmission which mounts up the same as the standard 4-speed. Please review our notation below in regards to mocking up your drive train, wheels, etc. prior to receiving the manufacturer's bill of sale for this frame. Some of the frames were labeled with Custom Chrome part #650091, however we believe this part number was only used for tracking and inventory purposes since the frame was only sold through Custom Chrome as part of a kit bike, not separately. Please review our terms listed below prior to purchasing this item.

Layout of Pictures: The first four pictures show the frame from various angles. In the fifth picture you can see the serial number stamped into the frame. As you can see this is a professionally stamped serial number from Custom Chrome. Please note: We received several of these frames through the buyout therefore you probably will not receive the exact frame pictured, therefore the serial number may be different than pictured. You will receive a manufacturer's bill of sale which has the same serial number as the frame you receive. Please review our terms listed below in regards to receiving the certificate of origin for the frame.

Condition: This frame is new and in good shape aside from some scratches, rub marks and surface rust caused by this being stored in a warehouse for several years. The frame is not bent or damaged, it only has surface scuffs and rust. Several of the frames we received are still in the original packaging, while others are not since the boxes fell apart, therefore we can not guarantee you will receive the original box; however you will receive everything shown in the pictures.

Pricing: Unfortunately we can not provide an exact price for this frame since it was sold as part of a kit bike; however we believe this frame is worth about $1000.00.

Please Note: There are two options available to receive the manufacturer's bill of sale for this frame. If you choose to receive the manufacturer's bill of sale at the time you pick up the frame you CANNOT return the item. Once we put your name as the purchaser on the manufacturer's bill of sale the form is only good to you, it CANNOT be re-assigned. We will not make any exceptions to this policy. If you wish to take the frame and check if it will work with your drive train, wheels, etc. you have 14 days to determine this. If you determine the frame will work for your needs, you can come and get the form or we will send the manufacturer's bill of sale through traceable mail at your request. Please keep in mind if you damage or modify the frame within these 14 days you CANNOT return it. Minor scratches and scuffs caused by mocking up your drive train are acceptable; however significant damage is not. Please contact us if you need clarification on our pick-up and return policy.
    Is Jammer still in business? I agree on fat-tire bikes. OCC bikes sold for $90K new are out there in pristine condition for $15K, so I'd say most of the chopper world agrees!

Share This