CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Forks on eBay?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Forks on eBay?

I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height. Anyone have any insight on forks like these on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-39mm-...pYXEjV&vxp=mtr

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by habib View Post
    I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height. Anyone have any insight on forks like these on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-39mm-...pYXEjV&vxp=mtr
    I dont have any personal experience with ebay forks, but I've got a buddy who runs em.
    The chrome on his started to wear through and caused this seals to leak like a stuck pig.

The ones you listed say "hard chrome" but that could be anything, chrome is normally hard, but it all depends on how hard it wears. Show chrome wears out like a mofo

Get Adobe Flash player

ive seen you posting about extended fork tubes a few times on here.... heres my $.02.....

You've already got lowers so why buy more? A fork rebuild is straight forward and fairly simple. Do you have a HD manual? If not dont buy 400$ parts on ebay.

You can find a nice set of 39mm fork tubes multiple places online and use your existing parts, only having to replace the fork seals. which you should do anyways. Forking by frank sells tubes by length. There are multiple threads that go into this already. Search them out and read the whole thing before starting another thread loooking for the same info.

Get Adobe Flash player

You get what you pay for, for the most part............ You buy cheap parts you will get cheaply made parts.......... Don't complain when the fail in a short time....... It's your call..........

Ive got a stock set of tubes off an 09 xl1200c. measure 24.75" long. Good chrome, just a little dirty, no rust or anything. (They're in the classifieds)

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by habib View Post
    I am looking to raise my hugger front end to essentially standard height.
    Huggers have shorter damper tubes than "standard" height forks. You may be able to raise it by going to the lower ones. Do a little research. Could save you some money.

Bob

Share This