Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PRWIS13
    • Sep 2014

The Horse Back Street Mag.

Anyone know whats going one over at the Horse? Have not seen my sub in the mail for about 4-5 months. I went to their web page and there is another cat that started a post on their site that he also no mag sense Feb. Anyone in Detroit do a ride by and see if the place is still there?
  • RickG61
    • Oct 2016

I got the same issue. I went to their site a few weeks ago, and there was a message there saying they were sorry but they're back on track and the next issue should be hitting the printer soon.

Meanwhile, I notice they are posting updates on facebook from Sturgis, Smoke Out, etc. Hopefully they get their shit together and we don't have a pissin match over when my subscription ends. They should extend all subs ending dates out as many months as they missed printing a mag.

Comment

• jimboh
      • Apr 2011

April issue was my last one. I am patiently waiting for them to get their shit together.

Comment

• PRWIS13
        • Sep 2014

Thanks guys, good to know they are not dead. And I agree they better extend my sub. They do not even send out one a month now. You would think as long as they have been doing it they would have a handle on on. I guess I will wait like everyone else.

Comment

• hound
          • Oct 2014

im still waiting on my free shirt I was suppose to get with the new subscribtion.

Comment

• 47str8leg
            • Sep 2014

Though I haven't upped my sub there in years and think , in general, it hasn't been the same since Ralph gave it over to Englishman. In all fairness I believe they felt they were being financially blackmailed by their printer. Instead of caving in to the extortion they stopped the presses and searched around for another printer rather than passing the cost on to the readership. I believe it's straitened out but it caused an inevitable delay. I'm sure they wil try to make it up to their subscribers. While I'm not big on the content of the magazine, their ethics seem to be in the right place.

Comment

• RickG61
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by hound
              im still waiting on my free shirt I was suppose to get with the new subscribtion.
              Mine only took six months and two e-mails to get. Then it wasn't even a Horse T Shirt. LOL

Comment

• ChopperDani
                • Apr 2016

The Horse was the only Custom Bike mag in Mid Missouri- I found some Wrench Mags for awhile and those were gnarley.

im seriously contemplating on spending the cash on a subscription to Showclass. I like what ive seen so far from them. No BS

Comment

• Natehate
                  • Aug 2013

the horse is brutal
                  dice, show class, the wrench if you can find it, greasy kulture and my current favorite the stag mag all are better ways to spend your money

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

People still pay for paper?

Comment

• RickG61
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by farmall
                      People still pay for paper?
                      Ran out of corncobs. Gotta wipe with something.

Comment

• vonhelmet
                        • May 2010

I love magazines. Got into bikes through Easyrider and Iron Horse in the early '80s. I read all the time, buy used books on Amazon/ebay/thrift stores for cheap. Paper rules, I don't want to have to recharge a battery just to read. Plus when North Korea zapps us with an EMP I'll still be reading when everybody else is staring at their dead phones.

Comment

• PRWIS13
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by vonhelmet
                          I love magazines. Plus when North Korea zapps us with an EMP I'll still be reading when everybody else is staring at their dead phones.
                          Dam, I hate EMP's! But I will be on the same porch with ya brother. I have a big box of old Horse and Cycle Source in the basement next to my MRE's, ammo, and canned water.

Comment

• tomahawk1976
                            • Apr 2014

It sucks, one of my bros has been locked up since 01, only thing he gets, has and loves is the Horse sub i send him every year. Says he has only seen 1 issue all summer. I never had a problem with the Horse guys.....they seem like decent fellas, just a shitty situation

Comment

• montuckymatt
                              • Jan 2015

There are so many other superior options. As far as the staff goes, its terrible business practice to not let your clients know what is going on when a product is not supplied on time. Granted they did eventually, but why such a long delay? I would rather give my money to others than the horse staff anyway.......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;