CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default FXR handlebar question

I just picked up an 89 FXR, it has some drag bars that are about 9" ride with some pull back and are only about 22" wide and they gotta go.

I would like to replace them and get a quarter fairing. What's the best setup here? I was looking at some 8" drag specialties risers but am not sure if I should get straight or pullback. And then some biltwell tracker bars. This style seems to be what I see often but can never find any specs on what people are using.

Is there a hot setup everyone uses? I don't really want to spend $250+ on a set of bars.

Get Adobe Flash player

6" risers and TC Bros Trackers. Cables, wiring and brake hose fit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sit on your bike and hold your hands out where you want them. Have a competent friend measure where they land to get your rise and pull back. I have no idea what the cool kids are using, but if you do it this way you will be happy with the ergos of your bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ya I have 8 in risers and the biltwell tracker bars fit all my stock cables and is perfect. aggressive stance for cornering and I just did 2900 in 5 days pretty comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by Mattysuehurricne View Post
    I just picked up an 89 FXR, it has some drag bars that are about 9" ride with some pull back and are only about 22" wide and they gotta go.

I would like to replace them and get a quarter fairing. What's the best setup here? I was looking at some 8" drag specialties risers but am not sure if I should get straight or pullback. And then some biltwell tracker bars. This style seems to be what I see often but can never find any specs on what people are using.

Is there a hot setup everyone uses? I don't really want to spend $250+ on a set of bars.

Get Adobe Flash player

sportster tracker bars ( stock bars ) 6 inch risers

Get Adobe Flash player

Pro Taper Contours and a riser made to fit them, like something from White Iron Customs. 11", not 6".

Get Adobe Flash player

11 doesn't feel right to me too high on fxr , stupid photobucket now I cant post pictures , oh ive got 10 inch risers on my dyna but I prefer 6 on my fxr

Get Adobe Flash player

I ended up going with a set of drag specialties 6.5" risers and top clamp, because I get it at a discount, with a set of tcbros tracker bars because they are also nicely priced. I went camping for 5 days so I get everything tomorrow and will throw it in this weekend. Thanks for the input guys. Now I just got to find a set of stock style grips I like...

Share This