CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default New Jersey Paint Shop Recommendations

Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for a paint shop in New Jersey, have an XS650 that I was thinking of powder coating the frame and few odd parts black. But I wanted the tank, fender and electrical box painted some type of metallic gold.

Heard from a friend that powder coating the tank isn't a good idea, as it doesn't hold up well if gas is spilled on it. Figuring at some point I would spill some gas on it when I'm filling up.

Thanks for any help

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Depending on how good you are at painting. You can get 2 stage clear coat that is very resistant to gas and comes in a rattle can.

I'm alright with painting not great at it, but wouldn't I have adhesion problems put the clear on the powder? This is my first time dealing with powder coating.

Get Adobe Flash player

I thought you said you wanted to paint the tins and powdercoat the frame?

I do, misread your reply. I'm just not sure if I trust myself painting the tank, fender and electrical box. Really wanted to do a metallic gold on them, I do have a decent spray gun but I don't have a paint booth or anything like it. Worried that some bug or something will fly into the paint and I'll be screwed. Maybe I'll do some test painting on some random metal pieces and see how I do.

Get Adobe Flash player

Paint isn't rocket science, just be honest with what you're looking for. There's some guys around Neptune/Asbury Park I believe but no one I've used personally. If all you're trying to do is metallic gold, try it yourself first. Wet sanding and taking your time are your friends for professional results. A few cans of primer, paint and clear ain't gonna run you too much. If you fuck it up, then pay someone, or try again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey! saw your post! I do powdercoating and know of a good painter down here in brick/Neptune area. get in touch with me for more info. and do not wory about powder coating not holding up to a little gas splashing on it. no problem with mine at all!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20170411_180729.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	76814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20170411_180739.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	76815

Share This