CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well my girl and I flew into Nashville then drove to Cookeville to her cousins and we laid down a vicious AA barrage on the clay pigeons, then scenic drive through some nice switchbacks to Cummins falls for a little hike.

We then drove to Pigeon Forge and grabbed dinner and a hotel. Next day we did cholesterol jam down at Wafflle House and then some shopping and a nice drive through the Smokies.

Spent the night and all next day in Gatlinsburg that's a fun town then drove back to Nashville for the wedding and grabbed dinner and a hotel again and stayed there for 2 nights. Lotsa good music and food.

Going back in Sept, or sooner this time on 2 wheels

Get Adobe Flash player

Those mountains ......

Last edited by Dragstews; 03-26-2017 at 5:10 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Now Jesse...^^^^^^^Don't talk shit about Dolly she still looks damn good for her age and she does a lot of good for the poor..........^^^^^^^

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Well my girl and I flew into Nashville then drove to Cookeville to her cousins and we laid down a vicious AA barrage on the clay pigeons, then scenic drive through some nice switchbacks to Cummins falls for a little hike.

We then drove to Pigeon Forge and grabbed dinner and a hotel. Next day we did cholesterol jam down at Wafflle House and then some shopping and a nice drive through the Smokies.

Spent the night and all next day in Gatlinsburg that's a fun town then drove back to Nashville for the wedding and grabbed dinner and a hotel again and stayed there for 2 nights. Lotsa good music and food.

Going back in Sept, or sooner this time on 2 wheels

Pigeon forge is about 2 hours away from me..... You were close to some really great roads to ride/drive... When you come back this way let me know and I will let you know some of the best roads to ride.... Glad you had a great time...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post

Now Jesse...Don't talk shit about Dolly
    Huh ... ???

Your reading "Her Quote" not mine.
    Last edited by Dragstews; 03-27-2017 at 5:00 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

You can mimic the delay in shifting while completely letting go of the throttle to see if you want to make your bike more awkward to use so it looks cool parked at the curb.

No cheating on the time if you want a reasonably accurate result. Release, move hand to proposed shift knob area, pause, return to throttle to match RPM.

Engine braking could be removed with a Rekluse clutch if you can find one that fits (check their site).

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    You can mimic the delay in shifting while completely letting go of the throttle to see if you want to make your bike more awkward to use so it looks cool parked at the curb.

No cheating on the time if you want a reasonably accurate result. Release, move hand to proposed shift knob area, pause, return to throttle to match RPM.

Engine braking could be removed with a Rekluse clutch if you can find one that fits (check their site).
    LOL Damn I finally beat you with a post.... LOL I suggested the same thing on page one...

Get Adobe Flash player

Pigeon forge is about 2 hours away from me..... You were close to some really great roads to ride/drive... When you come back this way let me know and I will let you know some of the best roads to ride.... Glad you had a great time...
    I appreciate the offer. We drove on 441 to Newfound Gap, then tried to get to Clingman's Dome but the road was closed due to weather. Love to go back and run those roads on my "city bike" ��

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't have a ton of strong opinions, but hand shift hand clutch is fucking lame as hell.

For reference:
    https://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42611
    Last edited by xnewmanx; 03-27-2017 at 9:47 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Might be a bit hard to bump start the bike ...

A story about one of these...
    I was living in Vegas at the time, always something going on with scoots in mind..
    Hooter's was having a Bike Night, fire up the 52 and I was there eye-balling a world of nice customs..
    (Wasn't the only things I was eye-balling .. )

Fellow shows up on a chop that he just installed one of the "Auto-Clutches"
    He did his Howdy's and a few Beer's later got ready to leave...

Fired up his bike, gave it a little gas and plowed right into a row of parked bikes, knocking over at least 5 of them... Heavy damage was done on most all of them...

He got hurt in the crash, broke his wrist ... The bikes owners that was in the mishap wanted to break other bones... Security was on the spot and called the Law for the Accident report for insurance purposes.

My Bike was parked one row over... That was a close one ...!!!

Was thinking to myself that the Rider of the "Auto Clutch" bike was a bit green with how to ride his bike ... Should had a few weeks in the saddle before getting close to other bikes, cars, dogs, cats, squirrels, possums, armadillos, etc .....
    Last edited by Dragstews; 03-27-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by xnewmanx View Post
    I don't have a ton of strong opinions, but hand shift hand clutch is fucking lame as hell.
    I agree...... It's for beginners that use {I want something different as an excuse}............. Rather than saying I'm to scared to try a foot clutch.... What's to be afraid of Hell you have a front brake...... Now if he didn't have a front brake and a foot clutch like I have ridden to many miles to remember then I might see his worry's a little...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-27-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Maybe it's time to break with tradition and build a urethral sound shift lever and manginal clutch combo.

Shift with Mister Happy and clutch by clunching. Converting a speculum to work a clutch cable would be simple enough.

http://stores.ebay.com/Surginstrumen...?_fsub=2424736

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...sound&_sacat=0

Totally badass. Post if you build one.
    Last edited by farmall; 03-28-2017 at 2:39 PM.

Ok, so maybe I should have started this with I am not a pro builder. That is why I asked you guys. I did try mimicking it all day yesterday. It is possible. But, some up shifts were lumpy as hell. Guess I will be going with a foot clutch . Not sure how to rig it up. As I do have mid controls. Thanks guys, just a rookie that has been modifying this bike for years.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrshovel View Post
    Ok, so maybe I should have started this with I am not a pro builder. That is why I asked you guys. I did try mimicking it all day yesterday. It is possible. But, some up shifts were lumpy as hell. Guess I will be going with a foot clutch . Not sure how to rig it up. As I do have mid controls. Thanks guys, just a rookie that has been modifying this bike for years.

Glad you figured out it's not a good thing to do... Yes it's going to be a chalange to do a foot clutch with mids but it can be done and it will be much easier than a hand clutch... Good luck and ask us more questions if you want.. We might come across like smart asses sometimes but are just trying to help...

Glad you figured out it's not a good thing to do... Yes it's going to be a chalange to do a foot clutch with mids but it can be done and it will be much easier than a hand clutch... Good luck and ask us more questions if you want.. We might come across like smart asses sometimes but are just trying to help...
    I do need to ask questions. that's why I am here. I mostly do paint and hydrographic. I learned everything I know. by owning a shovelhead. it breaks, I learn how to fix it. I love this bike. it is everything to me just to keep it going. and, make it a bad ass mother fucker.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrshovel View Post
    I do need to ask questions. that's why I am here. I mostly do paint and hydrographic. I learned everything I know. by owning a shovelhead. it breaks, I learn how to fix it. I love this bike. it is everything to me just to keep it going. and, make it a bad ass mother fucker.
    It's already a bad ass bike... I started with a Shovel in 1974 but it was a 1966... Like you I didn't know shit about them but I learned quick but back then there wasn't anyone to ask.. You don't know how lucky you really are...

Ask away...

Get Adobe Flash player

I know a guy that did this to both sporty's he owned. When I first seen it I was like WTF.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13606877_2072283919662825_586685152956047358_n.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	75931

Share This