CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DCCycleWorks View Post
    Castrol super clean is by far my favorite degreaser, s100 also works just as good if not better but is a bit more expensive

Thanks. Is that your current build on your profile pic.. Looks really nice. I've debated whether or not to add a kicker kit to this one.. haven't decided yet.

The saga continues.. .. This rear tire was a &*%$! to get on..Paughco frame is nice but the axle adjustment screw area was not thread tapped all the way. It was a job to get it all threaded through both sides.. Also axle assembly by Paughco is nice but still need extra spacers to make it right.. and getting the spacers in and the wheel lined up....well, took some real time and effort.

Also, Need advice on this battery location.. because of the belt, I have to go in between it. no other way to look decent otherwise.. You guys think this would look ok? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0245.jpg   IMG_0246.jpg   IMG_0248.jpg  
    Last edited by Pcruz1201; 01-27-2017 at 6:30 AM.

Default More mock up...

Need advice on smaller battery.. Can I use a Vrod battery on this 1200 sportster engine? Looking for an alternative small battery so that I can fit my battery between the rear fender and down tube..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0264.jpg   IMG_0260.jpg   IMG_0257.jpg  

Default Welded stand ups for spring seat..

Have to touch up a bit..but came out ok I think.... It should hold..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0282 copy.jpg   IMG_0283.jpg  

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks good. Keep it up.

Is the VRod battery smaller? I thought it was the same size as a Sportster battery?

Thanks. Yes I think it is a bit smaller.. I only need a one inch clearance. But I think I found a good option. I bit pricey but I know it will work. Has enough CCA to start this sportster even on cold days..

Attachment 75093
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 4.55.21 PM.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Pcruz1201 View Post
    Thanks. Yes I think it is a bit smaller.. I only need a one inch clearance. But I think I found a good option. I bit pricey but I know it will work. Has enough CCA to start this sportster even on cold days..

Attachment 75093
    Have you thought about anti-gravity batteries? They're super small

Get Adobe Flash player

kickass man! keep up the good work, can't wait to see more progress

Quote Originally Posted by Benny74 View Post
    Have you thought about anti-gravity batteries? They're super small
    yep Thanks.. I've looked into those.. haven't made up my mind yet on which direction I'll go.. Antigravity is very versatile for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by 86d View Post
    kickass man! keep up the good work, can't wait to see more progress

Thanks man. First build so taking it slow...lots of options and direction I can go with this. Pretty close to my final mock up and then powder coat.. Should have it done by early April I hope...

Default Round Oil Tank

Had to move the bungs closer together to fit between the wishbone of the frame... My welds are horrible (I just learned how to weld, trying..).. So... I cleaned it up a bit.. I'm thinking about using these tabs I cut to mount. I'm also going to support the tank underneath.. Haven't decided how yet..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0296.JPG   IMG_0292.jpg   IMG_0297.JPG   IMG_0300.jpg   IMG_0301.jpg  

Last edited by Pcruz1201; 02-18-2017 at 1:34 PM.

Default Working a little on exhaust today

cut chrome bracket off to move it to the other side in order to mount on the hardtail. My welds are just terrible.... I'm new at this.. I have to slow down a bit, but I get nervous that I'll burn a whole through my part...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0307.jpg   IMG_0308.jpg   IMG_0309.jpg   IMG_0310.jpg  

Default Working on Gas Tank Mounts Today

Drilled out 2- 11/16 holes in the backbone for these top hat threaded bungs. I will weld these in next. The tank I have has two tabs on the end of the tank, so I will drill those next and then insert rubber grommets to reduce vibration. These bungs stick up about 1/8 inch..may give me just enough room to hide a cable or 2 or 6.

Also take a look at this small headlight I found. So far I like it.. Let me know what you guys think.. Thanks.

I don't know about you guys but I really enjoy the mock up stage. Hope to get all this to paint/powder coat real soon..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0323.JPG   IMG_0320.JPG   IMG_0319.JPG   IMG_0324.JPG   IMG_0325.JPG  

Default Tank Cont..

Well..laying down some very ugly welds...Once I dissemble before sandblasting and painting I'll clean these all up a bit.. I'm just learning how to weld, but it seems like I'm getting worse.. LOL.. They'll hold and hidden so no big deal I guess.. I do like the tank location though. Next, I'll finalize the fender.. Thinking about chopping it a bit more...we shall see..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0330[1].jpg   IMG_0331[1].jpg   IMG_0328[2].jpg   IMG_0327.jpg   IMG_0329.jpg  

Default Pipes and more mock up

Thinking about wrapping these pipes..I know they'll get real hot especially right up against the frame....Thoughts?

Almost finished with the mock up.. All thats left are the fender strut mounts and mounting the battery tray. After that, directly to paint.. Found a company that will sandblast and powder coat my frame and all components for $400.. Not too bad I think...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0338.jpg   IMG_0337.jpg   IMG_0335.jpg   IMG_0336.jpg   IMG_0339.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Enjoyed the build! I know you feel a great sense of satisfaction! Just a suggestion...before you take your frame to be powder coated consider having a certified welder take a look at your work. Nice job.

Sweet looking chop. Looking forward to seeing it all painted up and rolling.

thanks will do.. getting ready soon for powder coat.

thank you.. very close. should have it rolling by end of July I hope!

Share This