Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darg Bars

10 52.63%
  • Pullbacks

9 47.37%
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Bars A or B?

I've an evo in a 4-speed that looks very similar to yours. I've had loads of bars on it over the years & the best ones comfort wise have been 10" streetbob baby apes, usually about 30 quid for a set of take-offs. (Usually satin black, but if you take the paint off they're stainless & polish up good if that's your thing).

Can't get the reading a paper while taking a shit picture out of my head, so anything but the pullbacks.
    Last edited by Greasemonkeymick; 10-08-2016 at 1:53 AM.

The results are in. The drag bars have it. Definitely want to avoid the....reading the papers whilst taking a shit...look.

Will try longer risers as suggested if that's not any better than maybe look into other bars (z-bars/mini apes) etc.

Thanks all!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

My opinion, fwiw, is to think about which bars feel the best after you ride with them for a serious length of time. I guess it depends on what you want to do with your bike, but i don't give one good fuck what people think my bars look like. The reading the paper taking a shit thing is funny, but it is a pretty comfortable riding position. I mean, forwards and drags make you look like Marcellus Wallace bent over getting it up the ass in pulp fiction. Forwards and apes make you look like you're giving a full body hug to a giant sentient penis. Alls I'm sayin is, I like function over form.

Get Adobe Flash player

There's always option "C"

.../// https://youtu.be/-y4Z_ymzTPg \\\... .. ..

Get Adobe Flash player

What bars are you running after all? Let's see a pic!!

Get Adobe Flash player

I've always like the Buckhorn style, butterfly, pullbacks, whatever U call them. Apes make some bikes look like shit....

Get Adobe Flash player

I would go with something thats not too pullbacked

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCloudSalvage View Post
    What bars are you running after all? Let's see a pic!!
    In the end I decided to try out 4 inch dogbone risers whilst keeping the existing 3 inch risers. I tried mounting it narrow style (pic 1) but I think it looks better with them mounted wide (pic 2).

I've only been able to take it around the block due to being away but they defiantly feel more comfortable.

I'll be getting a set of drag bars with some pull back as the ones I already had weren't wide enough in the middle for the risers to fit. I'm currently using straight bars. (The last two pics show what it will look like with a little pull back in the bars. It's subtle but makes a significant difference)

I think this setup is a good compromise between overall looks and comfort. Feels like long distance rides will be easy...

Still not as cool looking as a rigid chop but for a daily rider that's been super reliable I cant complain too much.

A but b are cool also. Looks like a win win !

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMechanic View Post

I actually really dig this handlebar setup. I'm not usually too big on that setup but this looks really good

Manic---your bike looks way better and definitely more cooler than most rigid chops on here---luv it !

Drag bars all the way. Just get ones with more pullback. You can also get risers with pullback too. Check out the ones by FLANDERS.

Get Adobe Flash player

Really dig the styling of the bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Maybe the drags with slightly taller risers

Get Adobe Flash player

y the drum

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmeyer View Post
    y the drum
    It was the only 41mm setup I could get my hands on at the time. It was only after I got the forks that I found out that its the slightly rare 1969 right side drum from a hydra glide (only made for 2 years apparently). It was a bit of a pain getting all the parts/spacers and correct wheel for it.

Honestly I think this front end is wasted on this bike. If someone was building a period correct/resto bike id happily swap it with them for a later disc setup.

So yeah its not really a fashion statement or anything....its just what I could get at the time.

Thanks all for the positive feedback. Really wasn't expecting it.
    Last edited by ManicMechanic; 03-28-2017 at 7:19 PM.

Share This