Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shovelpan69
    • May 2012

Fun stuff first, got the shifter arm all done and it works great could be a little more curvy for my likening but I don't have a torch so until I get it down to Joel's this is how it's gonna be

I think I might call this bike the heim joint cuz I have 5 of them on here at this point. Any way since I went with 1" bars and I didn't have a throttle cable I figure I could use a Harley on bit the barrel didn't fit in the crabs so I had to use one of those universal throttle cables, had to cut the sheathing back so the barel could make it all the way around to the right place and then had to come up with a way to hold the cable in place.

Cut this off a set of Suzuki carbs I had and welded it to the top of ......whatever that's called.

Throttle cable finished

On to the bad news I hadn't really looked into the exhaust at all until today and wondering what you guys think. The two outside ones are dry but the two inside are pretty wet and dirty. Joel says fuck it and I tend to agree so i guess I'm just wondering what would cause this bad seals? Blow by?

#4 cylinder

#3 cylinder
    Last edited by shovelpan69; 03-20-2017, 9:48 PM.

Comment

• billybiltit
      • Aug 2009

get it running see how it sounds re-check the compression and go from there.that's my .02

fwiw,

leon
      Last edited by billybiltit; 03-17-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• OhhNoo82
        • Apr 2015

Wouldn't really worry about it until you get it going and the valves reseat themselves or if you need to replace them( if that's the problem) then the nice one are inexpensive and good quality. The other thing is with #2 and #3 cylinder, it may be due to the previous motor guy running pods and they are notorious for running really cold if you don't have them tuned right. Now that you have the breadbox on there I would just clean it up the best I could and then just run it now that all the carbs will have equal airflow to the cylinders

Comment

• shovelpan69
          • May 2012

Originally posted by OhhNoo82
          Wouldn't really worry about it until you get it going and the valves reseat themselves or if you need to replace them( if that's the problem) then the nice one are inexpensive and good quality. The other thing is with #2 and #3 cylinder, it may be due to the previous motor guy running pods and they are notorious for running really cold if you don't have them tuned right. Now that you have the breadbox on there I would just clean it up the best I could and then just run it now that all the carbs will have equal airflow to the cylinders

Originally posted by billybiltit
          get it running see how it sounds re-check the compression and go from there.that's my .02

fwiw,

leon
          Thanks guys that's the plan then.

Comment

• angelo85xl
            • Mar 2017

this thing is so righteos. i ride mostly rigids too but shocks are cool especially riding home after work lol

Comment

• shovelpan69
              • May 2012

Originally posted by angelo85xl
              this thing is so righteos. i ride mostly rigids too but shocks are cool especially riding home after work lol
              Yeah man it's gonna be a change of pace for sure should be interesting. I'll always be a rigid guy for aesthetics though

Comment

• shovelpan69
                • May 2012

Every time I struggle with "oh should I buy a set or maybe get some brand new tubing" and I'm always like "an I'll save some money and just make them myself out of old pipes" then an entire bottle of argon, 4 cutting blades, amd 2 sanding disks later and I'm wishing I would have just had someone bend me up a set out if new pipe. But at any matter they're finished.

No bracing in this photo, I didn't take any photos of the bracket but it was late and I was tired and it looks like shit anyway. I welded a bolt facing upward on every pipe then made a slotted bracket for all those bolts to go through then put a nut on the Bolt holding it down tight to the bracket then bent up a 1/2" rod back to the passenger peg mount.

Last edited by shovelpan69; 03-20-2017, 9:28 PM.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                  • May 2012

Small progress but progress none the less. Got the electrical box set up and got most of the wiring ready to be plugged in. Got this regulator rectifier from Joel and I think it's for a gold wing or something of that sort, couldn't figure out which wires goes to what so I just went ahead and ordered the solid state with the correct wire coloring.

Regulator/rectifier

Alternator

Comment

• OhhNoo82
                    • Apr 2015

Very nice, That will look clean with the frame. When are you going to fire the engine?

Comment

• shovelpan69
                      • May 2012

hoping for sometime next week, im trying to get financing to buy a shop (for personal use) so ive got meetings with banks all from wednesday till sunday.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                        • May 2012

SHOP

Comment

• OhhNoo82
                          • Apr 2015

CHOP SHOP! I dig it man!

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

I'd live in the top and wrench in the bottom.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                              • May 2012

If my girlfriend throws me out that's the plan.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                                • May 2012

Exhaust tips

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;