What gas grill should I buy? (cooking grill)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhammer2u
    • Sep 2015

What gas grill should I buy? (cooking grill)

Figured some of you might be seasoned grillers. I've been through 3-4 grills. Always bought the Home Depot low end type shit to save a few bucks. The insides end up literally disintegrating from rust. Do I spring the $500 for a Weber? Are they really that much better? Just don't want to lay out $500 and it's fucked in 3-5 years.

I live in NJ, not near the coast and I cover in winter.
  • Peterson13
    • Dec 2009

Go with the Weber. They last forever.

Comment

• triumphbruce
      • Jun 2014

I like webers but it's charcoal only for me

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Webers are good but nobody makes "tough" gas grills. I have a small Weber that's served well but the grate is rough and burnt grease clings to it. The outer plastic legs etc melt if you have a grease fire.

That's reason to consider making your own. You can get cast iron burners, hoses and regulators (or use an LP welding regulator if you want adjustment and durability, the CGA-510 fitting fits BBQ cylinders) online.

Comment

• mrhammer2u
          • Sep 2015

I just saw some grills side by side. The Weber is a beast! You can tell the steel is so much thicker. The burners are not held on by flimsy shitty welded tabs rather they rest on a ledge that runs the whole length of grill. These tabs are what ALWAYS rust off and fuck your sunday bbq. Plus 10 year warranty. No brainer. Thanks all!

Thanks for the idea farmall. But I've not the skill nor the time to build a grill. Wish I did tho!

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

In fairness to Weber I DID get more than ten years out of it with heavy use, and I'll just remove the legs and make a rack for it.

Comment

• KevinN
              • May 2014

Got a 22" Weber dome that is 15 years old. I replaced the grill last year from wearing out the original. The replacement has flip up sides so its easier to drop a few more coals on the fire. I love webers, good all around heat control for a charcoal grill.

Comment

• hillcat
                • Mar 2015

Best bang for the buck - Weber.
                Replacement parts are available too.

Comment

• cggorman
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by hillcat
                  Best bang for the buck - Weber.
                  Replacement parts are available too.
                  Many Webers are no longer made here. Just FYI.

If that matters, There are alternatives...

Broil King build just down the road from me in Huntington, In. I have freinds that work there.
                  Broil Master is built in Illinois.

Here is some more...http://americansworking.com/listing-category/bbq-grill/

Comment

• Supertjeduc
                    • Jan 2013

I have a black green egg ( it's half the price of a real green egg) and i never want a weber anymore
                    Last week made some pulled Pork on it , filled it up ,low fire , 11 hours later pure heaven

Comment

• metalheart28
                      • Feb 2014

I have a blue ember that it about 7 years old that still works pretty good but its just for stuff I want to do real quick. I have a chargriller that is a smoker/charcoal grill its cheap but it works good. Weber makes some gas ones that seem to be pretty heavy duty and I think they have good CS. I think when my blue ember gives out I may go with a pellet grill

Comment

• 59Tebo
                        • Mar 2015

Go with the Weber. If you can find one, get a 'Silver Series', three-burner model (front, center, and rear burners). They have all the size and temperature variation you could need, and they're pretty much bomb-proof. Add to that, you can still get all the replacement parts (nothing lasts forever, come on...). We have two, the older is more than 15 years old! I've overhauled them a couple times, some parts and new grills, hell, the original igniters still work! And we grill year-round. Sure, I have to shovel the deck in the winter and turn on a flood light I wired special for the grill, but you get the taste of summer whenever you want! Spend the money. They're built to last...

Comment

• HardlyDangerous
                          • Feb 2010

I love my Oklahoma Joe smoker

Comment

• Dragstews
                            • Sep 2010

A big one would be my guess.....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Sandhog
                              • May 2016

Trust me, go with a Weber. You can get a silver series from Amazon for a decent price. Don't get thrown off by the BTU specs of the grills. I have a e320 I think it is... That SOB will hit 500° faster than anything I've seen.
                              Once it's seared on 450, you can turn it down on low for all 3 burners and maintain 350° easily. It's the best grill I've ever owned.
                              I used to buy Kenmore or Sunbeam and actually melted and bowed out my last Sunbeam
                              Stick with Weber

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;