Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dustinkelly09
    • Mar 2016

First FXR build, exhaust suggestions?

Hey ladies and gents, I'm happy to announce that I'm building my first FXR! I need some advice on one thing though from you guys, and that would be the exhaust. I'm doing a 2-1, and one thing I'm having issues with is finding an exhaust. I've got the tubing and flanges, and I have run straight pipes on other builds so I've never had to worry about buying a muffler before. Sooo... Hit me with some suggestions!
  • wkeysor
    • Jul 2015

I've tried to run 2-1 and found the weight factor to be a pain. I settled for the short shots for convenience.Click image for larger version

Name:	July 20 2015 B.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	1288872 That being said all the club guys in the bay area ran Thunder Headers with no problems.

Comment

• PanHeadRich
      • Jul 2014

I've been running Big Bear Choppers 2 into 1 on my S&S 111" for the past 1.5 years and love it. Bought it used for like $300. Mounts very solid, sounds great, and can noticeably feel the difference in torque. The muffler is quiet at idle yet come alive when I nail it. No cracking issues either. I've read many posts in the past of people complaining about Thunder Headers cracking on Dyna's, but I don't know about FXR's.

Comment

• 904Punk
        • Jun 2012

A lot of people have problems with thunderheaders cracking on fxr's too. Other options are thrashing supply, sawicki speed, Royal T, supertrapp and a couple more.

For mufflers, you can build your own or buy complete ones from cone engineering, burns stainless also offers cones.

Here is the one I just finished with the guidance of Slab Cycles(who is another option for a one off exhaust).

photo A5C8B067-7A47-4D76-B021-E27F96C0C8FB_zps78ufhni5.jpg

Comment

• LDNCLR
          • Nov 2009

I built this one with bends and a collector from columbia river mandrel bends and a muffler from Burns stainless.

Last edited by LDNCLR; 03-22-2016, 7:32 PM. Reason: bad pic link

Comment

• Davestune
            • May 2014

that's fucking nice

Comment

• PanHeadRich
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Davestune
              that's fucking nice
              Yeah they are! If they perform as good as they look, they'd be a big seller if he wanted to market them. Nice job LDNCLR!

Comment

• LDNCLR
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by PanHeadRich
                Yeah they are! If they perform as good as they look, they'd be a big seller if he wanted to market them. Nice job LDNCLR!
                Thanks guys...according to the dyno, it worked out pretty well. 136 hp 140 tq from an otherwise stock 120 el bruto. If you look close you can see where the primaries step up from 1.75 to 2 inch tubing.

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Looks like a (much better because stainless) Bassani Road Rage. Very nice work. You could indeed sell those.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;