Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althezenman
    • Feb 2016

CB750 DOHC Question

Hello All. Longtime stalker, first time poster. I am beginning a bobber project on a 1982 CB750SC and am wondering about lowering and ground clearance. I am ordering a Cycle One weld on hardtail which has a 5" standard ride height (they will do lower ride heights upon request). I understand this to mean that a 5" ride height would drop the rear 1" from stock(?). With the right exhaust would a 2 inch drop in the front and rear be ok? Thanks.
    Last edited by Althezenman; 02-19-2016, 7:10 AM. Reason: typo
  • OleDirtyDoc
    • Jul 2013

I went to 10.5" shocks in the rear and raised up the fork tubes 1.5".with a 4 into 1 pipe I drag sometimes on right hand turns

Comment

• bellam87
      • Dec 2015

Mine is riding at 4". I built the frame and exhaust myself with clearance in mind...I like em low. It doesn't handle turns like a sport bike but then again choppers were never meant to do that!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Side shot finished 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	1288652
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Exhaust.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	1288653

Comment

• Althezenman
        • Feb 2016

So do the shocks lower the rear 1.5" like the front?

Comment

• Althezenman
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by bellam87
          Mine is riding at 4". I built the frame and exhaust myself with clearance in mind...I like em low. It doesn't handle turns like a sport bike but then again choppers were never meant to do that!
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]67352[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]67353[/ATTACH]
          Looks great man. Is that a Cycle One hardtail. Also, I have been toying with the idea of a springer but am confused about the conversion to metric. Is it difficult? Is that a 2 or 4 under stock springer? Thanks

Comment

• bellam87
            • Dec 2015

The frame is a cb750 neck and motor mounts and 1.125" dom tubing for the hardtail. The frame has a 4" stretch over stock in the rear. I built both the frame and the springer myself with a lot of help from the chopper handbook. The springer is 4 over a stock ul setup. The only difference between metric and standard front end is the neck diameter and length. Your local machine shop should be able to turn one for you for a case of beer if you can't do it yourself. All of the hardware for it came from bitter end choppers. And I know I'm a slacker about posting, I rather be riding than staring a screen! 😜

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Althezenman
              So do the shocks lower the rear 1.5" like the front?
              3"

Comment

• ContractKiller
                • Feb 2012

My CB900 is lowered 2" front and 2.5" rear. I built my my exhaust to sit a little higher and it doesn't scrape at all. This is a pic from last week after I stripped the bike but you can see how I did the exhaust.
                Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;