CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Shovelhead long bike turned digger

Alright I started out thinking I was going to do a long bike.Started welding up the frame and ended up with more of a digger. I am guessing its about 2 up and 9 out and at 53 degree rake. The tank and bars are just for something to go off of they will be changed but I will Make a narrowed style coffin and I think buckhorns are on the way.I will keep posts and pics up with this thread but for now this is all I got. Feedback and opinions welcome though I may ignore them. p.s. magneto kick only First pic is what I started with 79 fxe second is rolling chassis now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	67120

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	67121
    Last edited by shank1kole; 02-07-2016 at 9:25 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sick

Get Adobe Flash player

I should say I am doing the dumb work on the fabrication. The welding is being done buy a hell of a pal who brought his equipment to my wood shop to work on this bike. Dude is awesome

Get Adobe Flash player

Here are a few beauties that I picked up from the classified on here.waiting to be installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0696.jpg   IMG_0695.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

I cut up some cardboard and here it is , I think I need to make it a little deeper but not higher, what do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0697.jpg   IMG_0698.jpg   IMG_0701.jpg   IMG_0700.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

purely my opinion but i think just pulling the line down the side off the first bend in the side fits the long slim look of the frame better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	67172

keep us posted,

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

Got the motor out of the old frame and in the new one , WOW tight fit . I may heat / bang a little more clearance. added a little more depth to the cardboard tank its still not right I may narrow it up but leave it deep. Put the pipes on just to see the stance more ,I love that low look it called me in form the start. I thought I wanted the high up front look till we had it on the jig and the low look called me in. I also started banging out a rear fender with no skill but determination.I will be posting this process later when fender is done . well here it is again a little closer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0711.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

this is turning out awesome, I think the tank the way bilybiltit looks good combined with your design or even a pointed prism tank would look killer. great job

Name:	large_3596_cycle-standard-aluminum-prism-chopper-gas-tank_1-6b42c.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	67209

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah I will mock up the tank from the first bend like bilybiltit for sure to see, I like that slim look. I am hoping to have a decent amount of fuel in my tank I have to figure out capacity so if I do slim it down I may have to add height want more than two gallons basically.Thanks for input , doing lots of fabwork next saturday so more pics and post will be coming.

Get Adobe Flash player

ok we got the tank about 80 % done and I got the sissy bar close. The twist is not perfect but I think with sanding and cleaning to polish for chrome it will work. I did have a damn good time with some friends and even made the wife sit on the fender while I made blot blot bloooooot sounds well here is some pics. and billybiltit basically heres your tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0781.jpg   IMG_0775.jpg   IMG_0777.jpg   IMG_0778.jpg   IMG_0779.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

oh hell yeah that tank turned out sexxxy!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nod.gif 
Views:	504 
Size:	990 Bytes 
ID:	67787

sissy turned out nice also Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbs_up_smiley.gif 
Views:	506 
Size:	314 Bytes 
ID:	67788

keep us posted man,

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

progress got halted for a while I had to cut the frame apart my ride height was 3 1/2 inches with full load, waayy too low. so we lessoned the rake now its 50 degrees, and that picked the ride height up to 4 3/4 . I am also making some lengthend bottom plates for the springer to correct the extreme trail, now I will be at 10 inches which is past comfortable but I can rock it on a chop.small shit is getting fabbed up as well. I will have a driving bike in the next three weeks. I WILL GET PICS UP. After I do some trial runs to make sure all is good paint time baby. I picked up paint today , epoxy base coat, black base, silver flake , Green candy and a whole lotta clear.

Get Adobe Flash player

hope you get it dialed in.
    cause,
    yeah front end flop SUCKS!!!!!!!

keep us posted,

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

That is nice!

What are you using for stops on the front end?My build is similar and I just stuck my springer on (I need to add some rake though).I'm still looking at different gas tanks as well.Looking forward to more pics!

Get Adobe Flash player

All right I now have learned that these projects take twice as long as expected because the devil is in the details ! Things have changed, got a good deal on a paughco narrow springer and it was about 4 inches longer than the old one so ride height is even better now and surprising that wheel flop isn't bad. I got the tank finished and cleaned up and pressure tested , got the oil tank mount good to go.swapped out the old rear axle and brakes with new / used tokico floating job. I have to finish rear fender mounts and remote oil filter mount and capacitor etc so probably a week on those, started a new sissy bar as well. got the forward controls started they will be stainless hex bolts with two layers of tooling leather, I might tool them. it can change This is my first true build on a bike not just swapping an add on or two and I can say the project has changed from my original plan but for the better. but over budget and over time is the norm Im guessing. anyways I have learned a lot from reading up on this site so thanks to all who help us in the novice category and the stops for the front are still being worked on when I nail it I will post pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0848.jpg   IMG_0849.jpg   IMG_0852.jpg   IMG_0859.jpg   IMG_0861.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

I need some input on these possible control mounts. Are they too much ? I have extreme tendencies and don't want my bike looking like I tried to be all OCC . i am trying to find some balance with round and geometric and honestly I am not good at when enough is enough .also a closer pic of the simple oil bag mount. The aluminum was found in my fence row so I'm only out an hour and a cutting wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0869.jpg   IMG_0864.jpg   IMG_0868.jpg   IMG_0872.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

alright it has been a while since I had time for the bike. I know shame on me. Well the latest is the tank mounts still needs a lot of cleanup and yes I was not in clear thought when I started bondo work at 4 in the morn. I will sand off and start over damn beer and smoke ! also left a 3/16 gap so some anti vibe hard washers can fit between.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0017_zpspxmz8t5r.jpg   IMG_0018_zpskldapskn.jpg   IMG_0019_zps1qi6hjmx.jpg   IMG_0022_zpsxd2mfsuz.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Sickest tank mount ever dude. COOL STUFF
    Quote Originally Posted by shank1kole View Post
    alright it has been a while since I had time for the bike. I know shame on me. Well the latest is the tank mounts still needs a lot of cleanup and yes I was not in clear thought when I started bondo work at 4 in the morn. I will sand off and start over damn beer and smoke ! also left a 3/16 gap so some anti vibe hard washers can fit between.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shank1kole View Post
    I need some input on these possible control mounts. Are they too much ? I have extreme tendencies and don't want my bike looking like I tried to be all OCC . i am trying to find some balance with round and geometric and honestly I am not good at when enough is enough .also a closer pic of the simple oil bag mount. The aluminum was found in my fence row so I'm only out an hour and a cutting wheel
    prolly late to the party but,are you going to be using this for the levers?
    or to attach to the frame to mount the controls to?
    oil tank and gas tank mounts look nice.
    stoned drunk bodywork is fun twice.
    when you do it.
    and,
    when you come back the next day and see what happened and straighten it up!

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

They were going to be mounts for the controls but have scraped and started over

Share This