CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default A letter of Thanks.

Hey all, I wanted to thank each and everyone here. I have been a mod here for awhile now. And I have enjoyed that job.
    Even tho it is a thankless job. It's not some glamorous job for sure. But none the less , I volunteered to do it out of love for the community.

I found this place thru an ad in Street Chopper mag several years back , and signed up and met many friends here. Many of these friends I have known only here . But many I have had the pleasure of meeting in person. And Many I consider dear friends.

As many of you may or may not know. A short while back , I was asked to be involved in a new grass roots web site. I agreed and I am one of the members of The Fist. The fist is 5 guys that most of yall know here. Pendelum, Ramzilla, LoddyToddy, Thebombcanbastard and myself.
    We started planning the new site and consciously made efforts to minimize conflict and drama between us and CC. We cant control other people that support the new site. But there has been some animosity that grew. BUT NOT FROM THE FIST. We want to leave all drama behind.
    I cant say it enough, We do not want some kind of fight with CC. Simply want to build something different.

I was in the process of typing my resignation as mod this morning , and realized it had been done for me. Which is a relief.
    I want to thank everyone for the opportunity to serve as a mod here. I have enjoyed it . I will still be around as a member .
    And hope to continue the friendships I've made here .........and hope to meet new friends .

Thanks guys,
    Saltytonk

Get Adobe Flash player

Classy

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you for doing the work that nobody knows,you are right it is a thankless job.I wish both Chop Cult and Moto Cantina the best of luck

Get Adobe Flash player

Where would one find a link to The Fist?

Get Adobe Flash player

The Fist is just the name of the organizers ...the website is motocantina.net thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    Thank you for doing the work that nobody knows,you are right it is a thankless job.I wish both Chop Cult and Moto Cantina the best of luck
    Thanks Doc

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk;7094[RIGHT

I want to thank everyone for the opportunity to serve as a mod here. I have enjoyed it . I will still be around as a member .
    And hope to continue the friendships I've made here .........and hope to meet new friends .

Thanks guys,
    Saltytonk
    As a member of Chop Cult I want to Thank You for not Banning my bony ass ...
    What I seen with your Moderation, You showed fairness with dealing with members, that shows content of character..

Get Adobe Flash player

There's no 'like' button here. If there was I'd hit it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Dragstews View Post
    As a member of Chop Cult I want to Thank You for not Banning my bony ass ...
    What I seen with your Moderation, You showed fairness with dealing with members, that shows content of character..
    Thanks Dragstews ... That really means a lot

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by loddytoddy View Post
    There's no 'like' button here. If there was I'd hit it.
    And if your avatar was HERE , I would hit it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    Thanks Doc
    No problem, Saltytonk.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Saltytonk View Post
    And if your avatar was HERE , I would hit it!
    +1!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tomsoftail View Post
    Classy
    Yep, that is the word that came to my mind.

Get Adobe Flash player

Much better than much of what has been posted about it. I took a brief look and will likely check it out more in time. It appears to be well done. I have no dog in this fight but I gotta say, much of what has been posted about it has been pretty fucking lame. I would have had a lot more respect if things were handled differently. Maybe that's just me. I'm old. And cranky.

If I was having a party at my place and a handful of guys decided it wasn't for them and went and started another party, more power to 'em. But if those guys kept coming back to my place recruiting for their party, circulating throughout my place and telling all the other guests how fucked up my party or my house or my family is, they'd end up bounced out on their asses and with extreme prejudice. That's just the way that would go. Period.

So the question is... if a bunch of guys go over there and just bitch non-fucking-stop and start umpteen threads about how lame it is, and how this place (or some other place) is so much better, are you going to let that shit fly? I wouldn't... but I also would have put the kibosh on 90% of the nonsense that was posted here.

Best of luck with it all. Like I said, it looks to be nicely done and I'll likely check it out more in time. I certainly wish you guys no ill, but the way a lot of this went down hasn't left a real favorable impression. Perhaps you can use that as constructive criticism and put the brakes on all the nonsense... or go the other direction, tell me to fuck off, and add me to the bad guy list. You'll survive. I'll survive. Everybody gets a pony.

Allen

Nottso, I agree with a lot of that statement. I can't really get onboard, as much as I'd like to be able to support honest grassroot efforts, with something that was born with a lot of ill will behind it, regardless of the reasons. And the people there know, at least I think the majority of them do, the one's that started the original HITLERS FAN CLUB before it morphed into the Cantina, that I considered them "online buddies" (and still do, although I admitt I may not know them all now). Regardless, Saltytonk, I consider a friend. As for Ramzilla and Loddy too. I hope they're together, able to create something worthy in the long run. As I've said a dozen times over and over to deaf ears, we need it. We (the community) needs it bad. We need more forums actually, probably another 4 or 5, just to serve the growth of the last two or three years... It's not about having a single forum with 500,000 memebers, it's about small groups talking and making friends and sharing knowledge and experiences. That's grassroots.

I'd rather be the solo Biker Scout on the Forest Moon of Endor than just another Stormtrooper patrolling the endless hallways of the Death Star talking about what new Speeder I'd like to buy when I retire from the Empire...

Did you ever read this article HERE

Contrary to what people would like you to believe; BIGGER IS NEVER BETTER... Just ask Tarkin.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have been quiet on these fronts mainly because I don't have room for drama in my life or people making assumptions about my role here... I take pictures and write stories for CC because I enjoy it and because my friend Billdozer invited me too. He told me long ago "do it as long as its fun Bear" Some of the recent drama in the scene has made me question the whole thing... I been running Old Bike Barn since 2001 long before any of this current scene existed. I don't say that to be on a high horse rather only to point out that things change and change is good. I have respect for the amount of work an follow through that it took to set the Cantina up and I think its important that we encourage others to do good for the community.

I agree with Nottso, If people do it in a mature manner and don't take shits on other peoples heads or incite personal attacks then its a positive for everyone. I like they way Ramzilla, Saltytonk and Lodytoddy and others have been leading things in a positive direction.

Good luck guys!
    Last edited by Bear; 11-30-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Nottso View Post

Everybody gets a pony.
    I like PONIES, lots and lots of ponies......!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

I wanted to make another post here. I have already talked with Allen and he knows my views and how I feel. I consider Allen a very close friend and have already admitted to him that in the beginning I was angry and handled things badly. Once we decided to actually go thru with our project I dropped my war club and realized to move forward and be successful I needed to stay away from vendettas and stay focused. I want to clarify that us in the Fist have not been on some war path but alot of people/members/ex-members that we have no control over were very disgruntled and are acting as they see fit. Allen I too have a biker scout patch and look forward to cruising Endor with you and drinking a brew.

Get Adobe Flash player

In all honesty, this did start with a very negative vibe that got people fed up and questioning why they support such an entity... when that negative vibe became a hateful one we took a stance within our crew to eliminate that and as one of the core five that are doing this, we stay out of that and just concentrate on the site. I've said before that we can't control what those cantina flies do or say, but we can move forward in a more positive light and feel good about putting forth the effort to offer up something as an addition to what there currently is, not saying it's better, not saying it's cooler just an additional alternative to, as Allen mentioned, an ever growing population of people that are into the same things we are. I don't hate anyone here, although I don't agree on some things, but that is out of my control. all i can do is continue with what we started..

Get Adobe Flash player

Ram,

This is meant 100% as constructive criticism so I hope you take it that way. If a customer of mine were on the website of a competitor with whom said customer had beef, acting like a childish douche and throwing around my name in the process, I would ask that customer to cut that shit out. Both (tactfully) in public AND (much less tactfully) in private. I've worked goddamned hard to build a business and a good reputation. TOO fucking hard to let the actions of others cast a dim light on it. Me saying "Well it wasn't me that was doing it" wouldn't be nearly enough.

So... how hard have you worked at this? Hard enough to NOT let the actions of others fuck it up, or is this just a lark? If it's just a lark and if your enthusiasm will wane when the "FuckDusty" sting fades away, that's perfectly okay. But if this shit really means something to you and the other developers, now might be a good time to ask people, both (tactfully) in public AND (much less tactfully) in private to cut out all the bullshit.

Or tell me to eat a bag of dicks. As long as I get my pony.

Share This