• Stadger
    • Jan 2012

FYI the link doesn't work.

Comment

• Garyc42660
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Stadger
      FYI the link doesn't work.
      Thanks for the heads up. It may be a copy and paste. I'll check it out. Thanks again

Comment

• Youngblood
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Garyc42660
        I noticed that this wasn't well received on here which is surprising because some of the 33'ers I meet at past years gypsy run and true run to the thumb were super standup dudes. Had to try you know. I didn't want to go the gofundme route but a brother from the firehouse suggested it may help out.
        Also I like your "fistful of shit" comment, made me laugh. Going to try some other things to drum up some money for this project. I'll prob sell some posters from the gysey run/Diablo and born free that I aquired throughout the years. Worst and last thing I will prob do is go sell my pistols that I have to finish this project for my brother. I'm hell bent on giving him this bike.

And thanks for the offer on the parts. I may take you up in it

Please do, I have shovelhead, fxr, and ironhead sporty parts that I'd be willing to donate. I can even arrange shipping and just show you a receipt. Let me know, I'll help if you provide somewhat convincing proof that this is indeed a project for a returning soldier and soon to be vet.

Comment

• Garyc42660
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Youngblood
          Please do, I have shovelhead, fxr, and ironhead sporty parts that I'd be willing to donate. I can even arrange shipping and just show you a receipt. Let me know, I'll help if you provide somewhat convincing proof that this is indeed a project for a returning soldier and soon to be vet.
          Thanks dude!

Comment

• Kearbear979
            • Aug 2014

Before you go off selling everything you own try just cleaning out peoples gutters. It's easy work just everyone hates doing it. I have buddies at work that'll do it. Usually $40-100 depending on the size of the house and they make out pretty good with it and most of the time it won't take that long if you have a leaf blower. The one guy was saying he made around $3,500 last year from it. Just a suggestion I don't know how much free time you have but it's a thought instead of getting rid of stuff. Good luck though.

Comment

• turbonate
              • Sep 2010

What kind of tank are you looking for?

Comment

• deathmetaldan
                • Jan 2011

What is bringing out the bad response (from me for sure) is that you are asking for donations for a friend and no names are given anywhere, no pictures, nothing. We have had plenty of scammers come through here with similar stories and later found out it was all a ruse.

Post some pictures of your family on the gofundme, a picture of your friend would help alot.

the big thing for me when people are asking for money for motorcycles is that its a luxury, if you arent sleeping on the street and have food every now and then having a motorcycle isnt going to improve your situation (some will argue that it can help with transportation to work, get a fucking bicycle).

So right now you expect people to give money to a person/cause with no real backstory of proof or reality. People are saying about donating parts which is cool, but for all I know you are just going to wait a bit and sell it.

Comment

• BuckarooBanzai
                  • Apr 2024

OP I mean no offense, however, this REEKS of a SCAM. We've seen this shit on several occasions, and this really is no different than any of the other scams that have popped through here. Maybe yer bro is a Vet, kool bro, use the information in this thread to get him whatever help he may require. In the interim, you could sell shit in the classifieds, Craigslist/Ebay, donate blood, stand on the corner with a sign, do whatever the fuck you gotta do, but don't expect me (or many others) to send a dime, even if you post pics of him, your family, and his DD-214. Vet's can be just as shady as the next motherfucker, I used to know a Vet who was a Drunkard,Heroin addict that supported his $100 day heroin habit by selling (doctored)Inspection Stickers, Tag Stickers, And Insurance forms(typed on the typewriter in his trunk) to people who couldn't afford to fix their car. Is that legal?, fuck no, thats why he was a shady motherfucker! He's dead and gone, but his Son is following in his footsteps, its sad really. Just because someone is a Vet doesn't mean a lot to me, for all I know, they're just another drunkard, heroin addict. I've been down for a month(and will likely be down for another month or two) with a broken wrist, I can't go to work, which means no income , which means little food, gas, & smokes, you don't see me asking nobody fer nuthin, nor will you. Although , if I were to ask, who do you think folks would be more willing to help out, someone who needs motorcycle parts , or someone who needs food/gas? Motorcycles are a Luxury item,...food shouldn't be! Go tha fuck on with that gofundme bullshit.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2015, 5:41 AM.

Comment

• mrhammer2u
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Revelator
                    yep. If I am going to help out a Vet, It will be for reasons other then paying for parts so they can build a motorcycle.

There are so many Vets in this country who are literally struggling to survive. thousands of them, Homelless, Hungry, etc.

two days ago I was taking a rest at a small park on the side of the road (hwy395) in the tiny little town of Lone Pine, CA.
                    & I spotted two
                    persons sitting on a park bench, Well the Guy was , His girlfriend was in Her wheelchair, They were Both in their 30's
                    and both were military Vets with injuries, Homeless, Hungry. Broke My heart, I gave Them some cash, & some granola bars
                    I had in my back pack & wished them luck, They were trying to get to LA. People like This need Help, & I don't have a problem
                    throwing a little love their way, But handing out hard earned money to fund somebodies chopper project, Hell with that!
                    Shit probably half the guys on chop cult could probably use some extra cash for bike parts!!
                    It was generous of you to give some cash and food. I'm sure it provided a days worth of joy. A bike may provide a lifetime of joy. Not going to begrudge a vet because he's not homeless, starving or injured. I'm thankful regardless. There's plenty of charities and nobody is limited to only donating to one.

If other 33ers are desperate enough for a hand out, they can state their case, ask then feel the wrath : ) Free country, right?

Comment

• slickschoppers
                      • Apr 2012

plain and simple.. the whole "go fund me" is completley over used. it's no different than panhandling, well,, yea it is... it's WORSE.... it made it even easier to scam people...

Look, I'm a Veteran, I love our military.

but that shit isn't going to fly as an excuse...

but a go fund me for a bike? no way.

if it was Cancer, death in the family, maybe, that's when you ask for handouts... but a bike.... come on.

so he had done so much for you and your family.. GREAT.... but that doesn't at all make what your describing some emergency that qualifies begging strangers for money.

what happened to self respect?
                      to being proud enough to not be comfortable begging for money from strangers?

if your going to do it.. do it properly. Make yourself up a sign and head down to the corner in your community. if your going to beg internet strangers for money for something like this.. you might as well beg in your own town.

again,, this is comming from a VET.

the whole line about "he deserves to come home to a reward"..

no.. he deserves exactly what his enlistment contract promised him. Pay, shelter, and help with college and medical if he qualifies. and Farmall did a GREAT job of listing places he can seek assistance if need be.

why would he "deserve" a bike any more than every other service man that came home?

at very LEAST....

are you going to list on his go fund me

Both of your REAL names? or any real world information at all? i'll jump right to the point. there is absolutley nothing on that go fund me page to believe it is anything but a scam.
                      Last edited by slickschoppers; 10-30-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• fuckdatniggadusty
                        • Oct 2015

Go Fund me.. Why didn't I think of that!!! I gotta finance another cross country motorcycle trip. Hey guys. I'm a Vetran!!!

Comment

• some1else
                          • Jun 2011

you forgot to use the Im a fireman angle,no trip for you

Comment

• KevinN
                            • May 2014

Not to be too critical of the first post but if your brother has done three vacations in the sand box didn't he save a little money? With all the danger provided free and three hots and a cot you can live cheap. I have been out of the military for a long time but I did ten years for uncle sugar riding around on those big gray flat top boats. After each seven month vacation I always had a little cash saved up for when I went feet dry.

Comment

• Garyc42660
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by slickschoppers
                              plain and simple.. the whole "go fund me" is completley over used. it's no different than panhandling, well,, yea it is... it's WORSE.... it made it even easier to scam people...

Look, I'm a Veteran, I love our military.

but that shit isn't going to fly as an excuse...

but a go fund me for a bike? no way.

if it was Cancer, death in the family, maybe, that's when you ask for handouts... but a bike.... come on.

so he had done so much for you and your family.. GREAT.... but that doesn't at all make what your describing some emergency that qualifies begging strangers for money.

what happened to self respect?
                              to being proud enough to not be comfortable begging for money from strangers?

if your going to do it.. do it properly. Make yourself up a sign and head down to the corner in your community. if your going to beg internet strangers for money for something like this.. you might as well beg in your own town.

again,, this is comming from a VET.

the whole line about "he deserves to come home to a reward"..

no.. he deserves exactly what his enlistment contract promised him. Pay, shelter, and help with college and medical if he qualifies. and Farmall did a GREAT job of listing places he can seek assistance if need be.

why would he "deserve" a bike any more than every other service man that came home?

at very LEAST....

are you going to list on his go fund me

Both of your REAL names? or any real world information at all? i'll jump right to the point. there is absolutley nothing on that go fund me page to believe it is anything but a scam.
                              I'm doing as a gift to him that I ran out of funds for. Don't bust my brothers nuts. I get where your coming from, my REAL name is on the gofundme page

Comment

• Garyc42660
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by some1else
                                you forgot to use the Im a fireman angle,no trip for you
                                Actually as a matter of fact I am a fireman in Pontiac, mi. May it's no trip for you instead

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;