CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Best Winter Riding in America

If you were going to fly anywhere in America, rent a hotel and a Harley and spend a week riding, where would you go?

Flying out end of November, beginning of December. Just riding around on a rental dyna/ softail. I was thinking Vegas for no particular reason, but San Diego is the same price and apparently warmer. I would go wherever I could find the warmest weather and best rural riding, the city itself is not all that important. Appreciate any thoughts or experience you may have on the matter.

Get Adobe Flash player

I live in San Diego, and while winters here can be very mild and provide great riding weather, I keep hearing on the news that El Nino is going to bring us record rainfall and flooding this winter (it's happened here before).

So you might want to check weather predictions before you plan a winter riding season in San Diego.

Based on what I keep hearing, and based on what happened here during the last El Nino, I'm very glad I have a car to drive. It sounds like it's going to be a wet, stormy winter.
    Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 10-21-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Late Nov/early Dec is not really winter for most of the US. Cool and maybe wet but definitely not winter. Avoid the higher parts of the Sierras and Rockies and any place you pick shouldn't be too bad.

Get Adobe Flash player

It probably rained here in Ma. More this month then it will all winter in SD . I would say So Cal is you're best bet . Or south Texas but I would rather ride so cal . I lived in OC for like 10 years and it prolly rained 10 times the whole time I lived in Ca. Can't beat San Diego weather .

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse13 View Post
    It probably rained here in Ma. More this month then it will all winter in SD . I would say So Cal is you're best bet . Or south Texas but I would rather ride so cal . I lived in OC for like 10 years and it prolly rained 10 times the whole time I lived in Ca. Can't beat San Diego weather .
    Do your homework on the Weather Channel. Yep, the SW US tends to be warm in the winter. But bring your warmies and wet weather stuff regardless.

AZ, NM, you will freeze your ass off at night, at many areas will get snow on in some places. Southern Cal stays fairly warm, but it does rain at times

Fla you can freeze your ass off. If you go there, stay in south Fla, but again, it does rain

Frankly, in the winter, these are the areas that I would focus on, but get a good weather prediction first

Get Adobe Flash player

las vegas is a desert so no worries on the rain part.. it does get cold at night though.
    DON'T COME TO MINNEOSTA
    you'll wish you were dead.

Miami to Key West....Doesn't matter what time of the year it is....island to island...not "rural"...but...warm...

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I settled on Vegas for a few different reasons. Until now all my trips have been planned the opposite, avoiding hot places in the summer.

I gotta tell you. Vegas: I dont mean to offend, but really, off the strip, its pretty mundane. Yeah, you can jam to Lake Mead, see the dam, and some other sites like Laughlin. And downtown Vegas/the Strip, is crawl traffic most of the time

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, I've been. It's not really my kind of place but the flights/ hotels/ rentals are the cheapest. Also, you can get out of town quick. I have been through California and there are just too damn many people for me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by krb View Post
    Late Nov/early Dec is not really winter for most of the US. Cool and maybe wet but definitely not winter. Avoid the higher parts of the Sierras and Rockies and any place you pick shouldn't be too bad.
    Are you kidding? Pretty much anything north of the Mason Dixon is winter by then, the west coast not withstanding.

Share This