CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Screwing yourself up

Sitting here in bed with and ice pack on my calf cause I didn't keep my leg straight when I tried to start my ironhead kicker. If you want share some dumb shit your done with your bike that got you laid up.

Get Adobe Flash player

****typo fucked it up when I kept my leg straight.

Get Adobe Flash player

i can kickstart my shovel by hand

Knuckleduster

not bike related , but i fucked myself up on Oct 2nd. Was working on tearing shingles off, i got too close to the bottom, and when i tore a couple shingles off, granules ended up under my foot, making for an expedited way down off the roof. The 9' fall wasn't that big of a deal, the back of my hand hitting the ground and folding my hand into my forearm, well, that part was kinda a big deal. I laid there for a sec after impact, and thought ehh i'm ok, guess i should get up and go back to work. i made it to a squated position, and realized my fingers were touching my forearm. About then i hear the boss yell,"you allright?" i couldnt stop looking at my fingers touching my forearm long enough to answer him.i tried to stand up, and quickly got the tale tell gut wrenching feeling of broken bones, and just leaned back against the house, and squated back down, now holding my hand.

Long story shortened, fractured my Radius 3"-4" ( coming up from wrist) & fractured my Radius & Ulna all the way across my wrist. My x-ray looked like 4" cross.
    in a splint, go in tues for a cast, 6-12 weeks in that, then 6-12 weeks rehab.

I didnt half ass screw myself up, i completely fucked myself up.
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 10-10-2015 at 6:58 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbassist View Post
    Sitting here in bed with and ice pack on my calf cause I didn't keep my leg straight when I tried to start my ironhead kicker. If you want share some dumb shit your done with your bike that got you laid up.
    My old Iron Head stroker kicked back hard enough to take the heal off my brand new boot and brake my ankle! And my knee was bent!
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

It would be shorter for me to post the parts of my body without scars and hardware than with. If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by turbonate View Post
    It would be shorter for me to post the parts of my body without scars and hardware than with. If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
    Guess I will be in for a long ass haul!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LilBill View Post
    I did that once with my BSA and it kicked back....yup.. broke my wrist

I hope you heal up soon knuckleduster! And obviously too late but I hope your boss might consider setting up some staging or some shit on future jobs. You've got to stick the landing pretty good at that height to not sprain or break something, not to mention having pieces of steel like flat bars and shingle scrapers falling with you ready to stab you.

I'm a young guy and pretty careful so I'm hoping not to have too many stories like this, but I dumped my bike this spring taking it out when there was still snow and ice out on my road. Could have waited three days and not ripped off my exhaust bracket.

(Edit): read in the education thread that you've been doing that shit for twenty years so I'm sure you knew the risks. Still really sucks and good luck healing up
    Last edited by LeanMcLean; 10-11-2015 at 2:14 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

So can I my friend so can I!!!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Were you off to the side of the bike kicking? I straddle my bike and kick it dirt bike style. I have always thought that the side saddle kick is just more prone to fucking up.

Get Adobe Flash player

I also am a straddle kicker. Which sounds super gay when you say it that way. Perfect.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yep. Think I flooded it

Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMcLean View Post
    I hope you heal up soon knuckleduster! And obviously too late but I hope your boss might consider setting up some staging or some shit on future jobs. You've got to stick the landing pretty good at that height to not sprain or break something, not to mention having pieces of steel like flat bars and shingle scrapers falling with you ready to stab you.

I'm a young guy and pretty careful so I'm hoping not to have too many stories like this, but I dumped my bike this spring taking it out when there was still snow and ice out on my road. Could have waited three days and not ripped off my exhaust bracket.

(Edit): read in the education thread that you've been doing that shit for twenty years so I'm sure you knew the risks. Still really sucks and good luck healing up
    Just a reminder that no matter how long you've done something , or how many times you've done it, or how good you think you are at doing it, there's always a chance something bad could happen. It only takes one split second bad decision/choice, and the mistake is made, altering the immediate, near, and long term future. Thankfully the tear-off tool didn't hit me. Hopefully I pull through this & still have at least 75% use of my hand. Sadly, one thing I'm pretty sure of is, likely no bikes in my future, I just dont think i'm gunna be able to handle a throttle, and all the vibrations, as I already had issues with that, from my last injury. Before this injury, I couldn't go more than about 30 min. & my hand/arm felt like a 2x4.
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 10-12-2015 at 6:44 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleduster View Post
    Just a reminder that no matter how long you've done something , or how many times you've done it, or how good you think you are at doing it, there's always a chance something bad could happen. It only takes one split second bad decision/choice, and the mistake is made, altering the immediate, near, and long term future. Thankfully the tear-off tool didn't hit me. Hopefully I pull through this & still have at least 75% use of my hand. Sadly, one thing I'm pretty sure of is, likely no bikes in my future, I just dont think i'm gunna be able to handle a throttle, and all the vibrations, as I already had issues with that, from my last injury. Before this injury, I couldn't go more than about 30 min. & my hand/arm felt like a 2x4.
    trike with a foot throttle :-)

Knuckleduster

trike with a foot throttle :-)
    Hmmmm...That is an option, I have seen some pretty pimped trikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hmmmm...That is an option, I have seen some pretty pimped trikes.

Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzilla View Post
    this is obviously not one of them

Damn. Thanks for the advice. Maybe some sort of sidecar rig too as an alternative to a trike? Could still mess with foot controls then. And I haven't ridden either a trike (other than an employers tranny am around the block) or a bike with a sidecar, but I would think if done right you could get away with less weight with the sidecar, still have a relatively traditional chop, and have a sidecar which would just be added cool points in my book.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMcLean View Post
    which would just be added cool points in my book.
    This is not aimed at anyone: There is nothing uncool about adapting your ride to the reality of life. Uncool is giving up what you love because you consider your solution to be uncool.

ETA: That abomination pictured above is the exception that makes the rule.

Share This