Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanMcLean
    • Apr 2015

Big ol jet airliner

Flying out to Austin TX for ACL. Not a fan of flying. I'm definitely a land lubber. Anybody else hate flying? I think I might enjoy a small aircraft were I could see what's going on, but being crammed in like sardines in a big tube messes with me.
  • Spade115
    • May 2010

Ive never flown, dont plan to fly, wife wants to goto Japan one day, Told her Ill boat there or drive, no fly o.0

Comment

• loddytoddy
      • Jul 2014

Comment

• Pendulum
        • Jul 2011

Who told you to post selfies, Todd?

Comment

• KevinN
          • May 2014

I love flying so much that I spent 31 years as a commercial pilot. (now retired)Prior to that 10 years in the Navy. I have never been a good passenger though. What's to be scared of ?

Comment

• LeanMcLean
            • Apr 2015

Not super scared, just get kinda claistrophobic. I'm not good with being places I can't get out of. No matter where I am I'm always scoping the exits. Made it to Midway in Chicago though! And of course I'm delayed here. I always get stuck at Midway.

Comment

• KevinN
              • May 2014

Aw yes Chicago midway. The busiest square mile in the USA. If you are on Southwest, you are in good hands. Sit on the aisle and read the emergency briefing card. It will be over before you know it.

Comment

• LeanMcLean
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by KevinN
                Aw yes Chicago midway. The busiest square mile in the USA. If you are on Southwest, you are in good hands. Sit on the aisle and read the emergency briefing card. It will be over before you know it.
                Yeah I'm happy with Southwest. Last time I got stuck here was trying to fly home from Phoenix for Christmas. I was here a long time haha.

Comment

• Dinnertimedave
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by LeanMcLean
                  Yeah I'm happy with Southwest. Last time I got stuck here was trying to fly home from Phoenix for Christmas. I was here a long time haha.
                  Christmas?? Stuck in an airport?? You sure your name isn't McClane??

Comment

• loddytoddy
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Pendulum
                    Who told you to post selfies, Todd?
                    hey now.. no real names in here. I'm undercover

Comment

• Saltytonk
                      • Mar 2011

The actual flight usually doesn't bother me, unless flying thru a storm or some shit. But I hate the hassle. Airports suck.

My wife hates to spend more than a couple hours in a car. So she gets us plane tickets almost always . Even for a trip to NOLA . which is only about an 9 hour drive . But if we fly there , its a 2 hour drive to the airport. Plus have to be there at least 2 hours early for all the security shit. then an hour and half flight there and an hour getting out of the airport. Shit we could've almost driven and gotten there at the same time.

Comment

• BuxBitza
                        • Mar 2015

There are no circumstances that would compel me to submit to that illegal indignity nthat they call airport security. I will keep my dignity and you can have my place in line.
                        I have a private pilots liceense and if I ever have to fly somewhere, I will be the PIC or I won't go.

Comment

• LeanMcLean
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Dinnertimedave
                          Christmas?? Stuck in an airport?? You sure your name isn't McClane??
                          Haha well yeah it was kinda expected. But I got that a little wrong, I got stuck on my way back to school in Phoenix because of weather. That was after a week of cancelled flights. I missed a whole week of a five month school and we were heavy in the finish work on our guitars so that fucked me over a bit.

Comment

• Oranje
                            • Sep 2009

It's funny to me when dudes who rip around on bikes in traffic are scared to fly in a plane.
                            Statistically, you're eight billion times more likely to stack it on your ride than a plane (I did the math).
                            Plus take-offs are a rush: 0 to 500 in less than a minute is a blast.

Comment

• LeanMcLean
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Oranje
                              It's funny to me when dudes who rip around on bikes in traffic are scared to fly in a plane.
                              Statistically, you're eight billion times more likely to stack it on your ride than a plane (I did the math).
                              Plus take-offs are a rush: 0 to 500 in less than a minute is a blast.
                              Yeah, for sure statistically being scared of commercial airlines is stupid, but the mind doesn't always resort to reason. And personally it's all about the control aspect of it. I'd rather kill myself due to me being an idiot, than have some other person responsible for my life end up offing me, even if they're very capable in their task and statistically safer. Just that and the claustrophobia get to me. Plus I had a cold and flying gives me the shits so fuck that.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;