CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 26 of 108 First ... 1624252627283676 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

The sticker on the back doesn't work if stopped, you have to have a tag on the inside that states its dot and the date of manufacture if you get caught "tampering" with a non dot you can even get a bigger fine in MI where I live.I've only been caught once but It's was an $80 dollar lesson that Its not worth repeating to be "cool".And I'd rather not give them any extra reasons besides my apes jockey shift and no turn signals to pull me over. The turn signals are not required but it sucks explaining any ways ,And if you get a shitty cop I don't want a bunch of fixxit tickets I have to try to fight in court ,because my bike is a special construction and some of the stock rules don't apply.Plus as a side note I believe that if you get a helmet ticket it can affect your insurance if they catch it ,but it did not happen to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

just throw a dot sticker on a biltwell and call it good. Your local donut dunkers wont know the difference.

***disclaimer*** I would never condone or suggest falsifying a DOT helmet \m/>.<\m/

Get Adobe Flash player

Well there you go. I didn't know it was law in some states. That sucks. All that is, is a money maker for the city and a chance for da man to phuck with ya.

Get Adobe Flash player

The likelihood to be injured on a motorcycle vs a car is interesting.

Part of what is driving that low score may be that a lot of motorcyclists ride as a casual recreation, rather than as a tried and true form of transportation. In riding for recreation, you're probably not likely to be in the midst of rush hour, thus reducing your overall risk of intersection accidents.

But, having said that, I wish it were due to motorcyclists just being more focused on their surroundings and being able to handle situations before they become bad situations.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
    The likelihood to be injured on a motorcycle vs a car is interesting.

Part of what is driving that low score may be that a lot of motorcyclists ride as a casual recreation, rather than as a tried and true form of transportation. In riding for recreation, you're probably not likely to be in the midst of rush hour, thus reducing your overall risk of intersection accidents.

But, having said that, I wish it were due to motorcyclists just being more focused on their surroundings and being able to handle situations before they become bad situations.

I would definitely think that the casual rider would actually be more prone to have an accident as they are not a seasoned rider. They might be paying more attention to the bike (shifting, brakes, where shit is, etc) than paying attention to the road and the cars around them.

with that being said a large majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by other motorist and not the actual rider.

Also, it's not really surprising that there are more car accidents than bikes as there are way more cars on the road. While there may be more injuries in a car the injuries you sustain in a bike accident are probably going to be a lot more severe.

Thats my .02

Get Adobe Flash player

Buahahhahahhaha, 1st thing I have ever uncontrolably laughed to on the chop cult.
    Thank you

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jake1618 View Post
    here is a crazy helmet that my uncle painted a few years ago. I'm not sure how he did it but it probably took about an ounce of Sour Diesel!

I think that just gave me an acid flashback.

MadRiverMoCo

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEHUSTLE View Post
    Anyone know where i can find an ol skool full face in a 2x (yeah , i got a big head ) .something like that one above?
    Yo, that helmet came with the Honda goldwing - mad by shoei fo Honda
    try those shoei interstates in xl - I rock the 8 & an eighth hat and have never got close to an xl on my life but the shoei interstate xl fit the best of any helmet Ive put on -

Get Adobe Flash player

I didn't mean for this to be a post on accidents, I just thought that info was interesting. But while we're on the subject... I was involved in an accident about 4 years ago. After coming to a stop, the old man behind me, in his new Dodge 1500 decided to take me out like a linebacker hitting the QB from his blindside! I was lucky to walk away from that, even though my bike folded up like a pocket knife.
    What did I learn? Not sure, cause I didn't do anything wrong. Anyway I'll keep on ridding, cause that's what I do.

Get Adobe Flash player

learned to ride in chicago, no helmet law! awesome right? down side - can't split lanes & the speed limit is 55! i know you're not actually going to go 55 but 10 over is safe passing a cop, thats still 65! still not cool!
    now i'm in santa cruz & oakland, ca. helmets with dot are a must (if you get caught). most cops don't seem to check cause most people are wearing little skullies. but we can go fast & split lanes. i'd rather do that than sit in traffic.

Get Adobe Flash player

i did not know the information you posted, thanks for posting, def informative. as far as owning a DOT...i do and did so on purpose. it was between a biltwell and v2 and i couldn't rationalize buying something for the sole purpose of being cool without function. I used to use the same "something is better than nothing" when i wore my german brain bucket but now that i have a kid i really don't wanna be so selfish...no helmet laws down here and i really don't like wearing a helmet unless its cold but for my sons and wifes sake i do...don't wanna burden them with takin care of my crippled asss.

as far as that statistic...injury is pritty vauge. i would much rather get injured surounded by a metal cage then on a bike.

crashing sucks no matter what way ya look at it. No i will not throw my helmet away after it expieres...the only reason i would not use one anymore is if i crashed and it took a beating for me.

good thread

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNots View Post
    learned to ride in chicago, no helmet law! awesome right? down side - can't split lanes & the speed limit is 55! i know you're not actually going to go 55 but 10 over is safe passing a cop, thats still 65! still not cool!
    now i'm in santa cruz & oakland, ca. helmets with dot are a must (if you get caught). most cops don't seem to check cause most people are wearing little skullies. but we can go fast & split lanes. i'd rather do that than sit in traffic.

Just go fast and split lanes anyway :]

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNots View Post

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemon View Post
    i do, all year long!

Get Adobe Flash player

For military it is required. If an acident happens and you don't have dot helmet ( an they investagate) you can be taken NJP or CM depending on the level of order. Not to mention the whole whoops were aren't covering you if your non dot and go to the ER.....

ltr pat

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Default So Freakin Rad

Quote Originally Posted by jake1618 View Post
    here is a crazy helmet that my uncle painted a few years ago. I'm not sure how he did it but it probably took about an ounce of Sour Diesel!

Must get one!

Get Adobe Flash player

oh shit....that helmet is eff'n awesome

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Share This